Shifting Of Islamabad Airport

Is CDA planning to build new Islamabad airport in Rawat area?

No. This is wrong news.

No, It wont be possible now to shift the Airport to any other area. More than 60 billons Rupees has already been spent on the Aipot that is under construction at the FatheJung area.

This will be big joke if some one say it will be shifted to the Rawat.

Yes let some one put wheels under the existing one and move it to Rawat.

Lol raja saab - well said!

I don't know, how can some one believe on this news????? Currently, Government is not in a position to take this action for the country.

Regards

This is really worrying for all those who have invested in properties near the airport. I dont know what kind of a sick joke PM is trying to play here

Today’s jang newspaper headline is very important in this subject. It clrealy mentioned new airport at rawat.

Yes today news is really important but it’s a plan for another airport not to shift the present project.

Proposal of rawat airport was presented in 1985 . At that time this proposal was rejected by KRL due to no fly zone.

JazakAllah Ibrahim bhai for your post.

Ihsan sb, Its a front page news … We cant just ignore it

I know, but it will be materialized in 2113 (still doubtful). Regards

It’s just like any modern city, having two airports, one is for local flights and some international flights and the other is for more international flights (rawat), since the new Islamabad will be connected to Rawat through tunnel and then expressway. The old airport will go back to airforce.

How can that be, when the new airport supposed to cater for all hence they have spent billions and its constructed on a lot of land. The current chakala airport supposed to be given back to airforce and rawat is a future plan. Nothing is certain. Look at how many games they have played with the new airport, supposed to have been operational in 2010, then 2011 etc...we are in 2013 now and already delays for 2015. I agree with ihsan, it will not be important until year 2222. Then we can worry about it! until then relax everyone!

Nothing serious as ihsan said

Http://e.jang.com.pk/09-12-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=618.gif

Fateh Jang airport will sure be operational within one or two years. It is not possible to roll back this project and start another in Rawat from beginning. It was a proposal to make another airport in Rawat. That may be a small airport for local flights only. But even then, it will not be started within next 2 to 3 years. This fateh Jang airport is main airport for Islamabad and it will be Pakistan's largest airport. 80% completed. Can not be stopped or cancelled. So no need to worry. It is just rumor to jump the prices of Bahria and DHA.

Agree with haseeb on this. Also i heard rumours that the new airport road access would also benefit bahria and dha to increase prices there also. Can anyone confirm this, whether the road access will benefit these sectors?

Sheikh Sb, good contributions and guidance. Regards

In Pakistan front page does not mean authenticity. It was a front page news when Malik Riaz announced a $45 billion investment venture with UAE in Pakistan. But the denial by UAE was not a front page news. It is a game played by tycoons who have stakes in Bahria. They first ditched DHA with the help of last AG and now they are trying to mangle with Zone-2. Shifting of investment to Zone-2 means death to Bahria. This is all a game played by Riaz Malik with foolish Mian brothers. I HAVE QUESTION FOR U ALL, WHO WILL INVEST BILLION OF DOLLARS IN PAKISTAN IN LONG TERM PROJECTS? ANSWER IS NOBODY. The way infrastructure development carried out in Pakistan, simple airports are made in 10-15 years. Such project need 20-25 years to complete.What will be the fate of the project after 2018 when GUNJAS will be no more? So be patient and remain in Zone-2 if invested. There will be delays but SABAR KA PHUL BOOHUT METHA HOO GA. SAREE TAZIYAN BHOOL JAWOO GA.