Signal free islamabad expressway inauguration ceremony

Signal free islamabad expressway inauguration ceremony to be held on 30th june.

Source: cda facebook page

Congratulations to all zone-5 investors.

Photos:

Https://www.Facebook.Com/media/set/?Set=a.905693826139477.1073741943.522837007758496&type=3

Https://www.facebook.com/DMACDAISL

@ Sheikh… Wah a good news for Islamabad after Metro… Next should be Margalla Avenue and Rawalpindi Ring Road…

Thats a good news. It was badly needed for the residents of zone-5. I just heard the NS speech after inaugration of signal free Islamabad expressway project. Its 24-KM long road. NS said he wants to further extend this project from rawat to Motorway as well.

But where is New Islamabad Airport? why this government left that project on one side? why too much money on this road or Murree Road? What is big inside? Ch. Nisar? Riaz Malik or Mains. I am sorry Metro is big White Elephant and time will prove this?

NS didnt talk about Islamabad new airport but he gave hint about Lahore airport. He said they are planning to seperate domestic & International terminals in Lahore. Apparently, it looks difficult for Lahore airport. I dont know what he wanted to say

New airport seems total flop project

PM inaugurated NandiPur Power Project and still we haven't seen single MW of electricity from there.

So, don't get your hopes up that high, only way this project will materialize if ARMY/DHA push this man to finally do something beside making empty promises and showing beautiful maps.

ARMY/DHA couldn't make Zardari do anything and still cannot make him do anything. Please give NS credit where it is due. Metro is serving 150,000 people everyday.

New Airport cannot be completed as there is no water in that area and a dam will be built.

Sure, happy to give him credit for destroying everything he touched so far. BTW are you talking about this metro project

Economically unviable: Metro Bus - a white elephant painted red

http://tribune.com.pk/story/911493/economically-unviable-metro-bus-a-white-elephant-painted-red/

This is going to be a big boost to zone-5 and big set back to zone-2.

I still have a feeling that PMLN government is not inteested in making new airport and may announce one sooner or later in Rawat.

This government is bankrupt…who will give them another 100 billion for the new airport in rawat??all land in rawat already preoccupied by dha and mushroom growth of illegal housing projects…it will take a dacad to clear that mess…

For the time being, he gave the hint of connecting Rawat with Motorway through expressway in near future. He said we will change the Islamabad outlook in three years which means he would do best efforts to complete Islamabad projects before 2018. He also asked Dr. Tariq Fazal to coordinate with CDA chairman to complete these projects ASAP instead of just relying on CDA.

Public transport everywhere in the world is subsidised. This does not mean that it is a white elephant. Just because you have car, does not make it ok for the government to subsidise you by building roads for you, but when it builds something for the poor people it becomes a white elephant and a subsidy.

The airport cannot be delayed for much longer. Inshallah it will complete at the end of next year. Government has allocated money for the dam and the road to the airport is in progress.

NS is the only person who has track record of delivering mega projects for the welfare of the public. I firmly believe NS will deliver all the promised projects including electricity. Don’t criticise good initiatives just for the sake of criticism.

Metro is indeed a big black spot on the name of progress. It has not contribution towards economic revival. This project and many others are a big payoff to these politicians who just fill in their pockets. More than 1000 people have died in heat wave in Ramadan and that without the provision of electricity being one factor. If he would have spend this amount he used on metro on revival of old power plants which are now dysfunctional, much of the electricity problems would have been resolved. And this is not a justification that metro caters 130,000 people a day. You can still cater for these without metro if one has the ethics of governance. All his ponzi schemes in the past like sasto roti, yellow cab, laptops have been a failure and has minted countless money on it.

What Signal free means??who will be responsible to built interchanges at each society like PWD,jinnah garden,etc most of them not recognised by CDA…I guess access issues may arise

Just saw on TV, signal free expressway is a 25-Billion rupees project which is definetly a huge project.