Again Market Is Slow

Islamabad property is again stable now lets see for how much time specially those sectors which are a little expensive according to some senior dealers of MPCHS B-17 is slow now and there is price decline in B 17, in B block Kanal plots are available in 8 million however 2 months ago price was around 9 million.

In JKCHS F-15 and G-15 is also slow specially Kanal and 2 Kanal plots. Even in F-15 prices came down a little around 4 to 7 lac.

G-13, G-14, D-12 is also stable now sale purchase is slow.
Last but not least Bahria market is slow clear change in Phase 8 prices. Also we know about Enclave 2.

Is it the Lull before the Storm? or Is it the beginning of a slide down?

What could be the factors behind it? Political, economic or Money going to other cities?

Those people who have defered their buying, can get good deal in these days.

Syed Ibrahim sab,

Only investors are trying to going out from B-17 because for them Mangos are dry now.Only genuine alottees are there.

Storm has gone, so its need some time for another price hike.Now B-17 is waiting for completion for MA which will give another boost.Till that time i dont see any reason to increase.

Is this sign of the double dip property bubble bursting? if it does burst it shall not go low by much as prices are already high anyway! file holders shall be more worried.

Sheikh sb. It seems to me that there is no bubble so there is no possibility of any bursting. It could be a seasonal slow down or effect of uncertainty on the political climate. Possession plots are dictated by demand and supply. Current prices are not over inflated due to speculation except in 1-2 areas.

Multi reasons behind it , investors can increase price of a sector but cant stop downfall ,geniune buyer is required for stability of prices

another imp point is that from last 2 weeks kpk client is less in market

another imp point is huge amounts are shifted to bah karachi , enclave 2 and gulberg greens.

Hopefully its a break not stop market will correct itself a little and things will be better insha Allah

The doubt in my mind to do investment is about the right time. Is it going to go down further or is it the right time to invest. Is it the bubble burst in the waiting which means a big dip in prices expected; therefore wait n see is the policy right now. Advices are welcome.

Dear All seniors,

To me it is due to money flowing in Bahria projects, specially in enclave 2 and BTK. Enclave 2 most of the investors money stuck and be sure when they gonna get out of this their rescue will be Zone-2 possesion plots option as they have took all the risk in this enclave 2 fever they must need some oxygen,

Also if Bahria Peshawar is coming soon it will further slow down ISB/RWP market.

Rest ALLAH knows best

I have been raising caution about this for some time on this forum, government is progressively moving towards fiscal tightening to manage the deficits, although the monetary policy still remains accommodating. If the State Bank raises policy rate next month by anything more than 0.5%, the property market Will stall for sometime.

Furthermore, if the proposal to tax dollar purchases gets implemented, it will also be a big setback as capital flight will take place big time. Lets see what the government has in store. Prices might increase in select areas based on real development, but speculative investments might diminish.

Has anyone observed any increase in plot prices anywhere at all in Islamabad? So far the market seems stable or a little lower, but its that time of the year when the activity usually starts picking up. I have been looking around a lot of places but haven’t yet been able to identify any major activity yet (except for that small upswing in BE 2 last week). I would appreciate if members can share info if they spot any real positive movements in any area.

Sir investors are stuck in be2 and karachi that is why bt market is suffering…Other places are like g-13,g-14,dha and d-12 are more or less stable.

Yes, Saadi Bhai, mujhay b yehi lagta hy at the moment.

Ibrahim Sb is right ,investors have put there money in Bahria Enclave 2 and karachi. But the society which give facilities lis bahria , DHA ,B -17, there can be a dip but will rise eventually as genuine buyer is looking to move into these societies.

Thankyou Mr Khan and Saadi sb for your feedback. Since both of you are senior members with a close eye on major areas of the city, I would like to ask that Do you think market can remain stable for a long period of time? I ask that because I think if prices don’t rise over a period of time, prospective sellers who are holding for now, might give up and eventually start selling in the slow market, which might cause some dips in prices. What do you think? Thanks.

Dear Amjad Sb,

What u r saying is logical way, which should happen if the prices does not get increased. But, I am hopeful that the situation will improve over passage of time in good societies like Multi and Bahria.

Much will depend on improvement in BE Isld. If that happens, things will have positive effect on overall Isld market.

Situation in BE can improve if possession is announced for old 5 and 8 marla plots.

Thanks

Thank you Mr Khan. I hope things work out well and in accordance with your assessment. Seems like BE is at the center of the storm, or rot, or whatever one might call it.

Watching the market stall and even fall in a few major areas over the last two months has not been a good sight at all. And the complete absence of positive activity till now is causing some investors including myself to re-assess the overall situation. Hoping for the best, InshAllah.

Syed sb…Sir actually malik sb will eventually take some radical steps to revive the market of bt…Cda sectors can gain. Dha will perform steadily because of the involvement of large number of genuine buyers…That is my view point.Any senior member can disagree.on zone 2 khan bhai can comment…

Amjad Bhai,

Situation is not good for those who were making good money over days or weeks in the last few months. But it is not bad for those who can wait for an year or so... As realestate is always time taking business...

Thanks

Its my gut feeling that dha lahore phase 6,7 and 8 will outperform this year…