Billions Blocked In BTK - So Bears Rule Market

Biggest reason for the current slow down of the real estate market is that massive investor funds are blocked in bahria town karachi. Overall billions are invested in Bahria Karachi. Very few people have made excellent returns. Generally people have invested at the wrong time and are stuck.

So there is hardly any investor liquidity left in the market. It will be some time before the billions stuck with malik sahab's projects start finding their way back to the mainstream real estate market.

But what sort of timeframe are we looking at? Any guesstimates or estimates?

I dont know why i have this feeling that BT will stuck in Karachi.

Recently had a discussion where i came to know that one of the mainstream dealers of BT bought an office in the heart of Karachi worth 180 million surprising all the bigies of the city and gossips around that who is this guy !

Karachi is a mix of many political influences with BHAI leading the role. OK BT might settle down with Bhai people but BT must transfer this to the very roots of the party plus their are other parties as well. BT must have to settle with many BHAI's of this money hub of our country.

And what if some of the very strong dealer got trapped by a bullet (God Forbid), would any of the other dealers dare to go Karachi ?

Each Real Estate project stands on the pillars of dealers.

The Titanic has hit the iceberg !! Lets wait and see if Titanic can escape this iceberg collision .

Cheers,

Alot of ppl i know, invested in BTK blindly and YES they and many more are stuck, stuck badly. But i guess the geniune buyers and forgein kids will be there for Pindi/Lahore market. May be they ll come out near EID. :slight_smile:

I guess project over project rolling out will result in investor fatigue all over the country. A good reason would be too much commercial areas rolling out in BT.

I am just a novice in these things so might be wrong.

Almost an year, rite now the rates will drop further as the installments are approaching.

I guess once some development starts on ground, then rates will go higher and people will get out of it. Might take a few months to a year.

People who did not put all their eggs in BTK's basket have a good opportunity to pick plots on cheap rates now.

I am not admirer of bahria town strategy to launch various projects in short time and collect the investors money as much as possible BUT even then I believe BTK would be a successful project because BT is in do or die situation in karachi. They have created so much hype for BTK before launching, now can they can not play on back foot. MR will do every possible thing to make it successful and everybody knows he bas the power to do wonders atleast in Pakistan if he is determined. The only problem is TIME and wait for the investors. Anybody who can wait for 3-4 years would be the beneficiary.

Due to BTK; rawalpindi and islamabad projects are suffering mostly.

Best of luck to Malik sahab!

So we should pray for Bahria Karachi prices to go up so that investors can get out and start investing in Zone 2 and properties can rise in value?

Such a nice topic .I have many friends who r genuine buyers and they r so happy about BTK.

It is Bahria's strategy to make a projects examplary and than announce next and squeeze the last penny out from investors. Then after a break, they repeat this cycle. Those who know Bahria from the very beginning will confirm it.

I do not expect prices to return in an year. It will take Bahria digest this kill before going after another. Right now its tummy is full. So be patient and wait for at least couple of years.

Agree with isloo apart from bahria phase 1 to 6 which was the begining of bahria later on they keep playing with people there tummy is too big it will not full untill they have laprotomy done on there belly by some experience surgeon.

In Bahria phase 8 Pindi, there are plots applied for in 2003 and they still did not get possession. So you can guess how long the whole phase may take in Karachi.

I had a following since its initial stages, MR is more comfortable performing without any competitor. In Karachi there are lot to give a good competition.

@apple:

In some other thread someone wrote MR is in London, uhmmm baray BHAI say meeting. !!

But again I already quoted before there are other bhai's as well.

Still it is good for quick buck rite now.:)

Cheers

BTK is just the beginning and current selling pressure will go away soon. Even now, everybody's getting more than what they paid, the amount could be different in different options.

So when billions are invested by millions, and the interest is so intense that it curtails the biggest established markets of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi, there must be something which is not evident to you yet.

Government initiatives / Public spending and location can transform any property and in bahria's case, they've got both. Consider factoring for these and you might wana change your opinion:

• KARACHI itself: population and economic potential of Karachi is the highest in Pakistan

• Dire Need for secure business and living environment in Karachi

• Location: In the middle of two big cities on motorway which is soon expected to be expanded and become part of Economic Corridor with China

• Neighborhood: Dha City Karachi 11600 + 8000 acres of upcoming development

• Political Support

• Land: on the operational side, the land is fairly plain like Lahore, so development cost is cheaper and naturally progresses faster than it did in isb/pindi's terrain.

• Litigation free: Plenty of land acquired with due approvals from government

As of now I have not come across one good reason for it not becoming successful other than the current selling pressure coz of over subscription in 5 marla by naïve investors.

This is how I interpret it, please enlighten me where am getting overly optimistic :)

And I completely agree with Isloo's comment. MR always gets his first project right to show it as a demo for launching further projects.

And this "kill" was really a big one, the boa will digest it in peace. :)

Bilal I truly hope and pray that you are right insha-Allah. Just one thing that makes me nervous is that Karachi gives me that eerie feeling of Gotham City, the hold of Carmine Falcone and the return of the Joker(you know who)!

Whats worse, there is no Wayne or Commissioner Gordon in sight.

Hahaa not a batman fan so no idea about the characters but yeah u never know what could happen in Pakistan. We can only do our maths but kabhi bhi kuch bhi ho sakta hai :)

but overall bahria town is not handling it well, they are turning greedy now and this is not good. They MUST deliver now in bahria enclave, sector E,F in Lahore to maintain investors confidence.

Pk1… Hilarious. … And MR is the pied piper with his flute taking away all of our investment. …