PML-N Victory: Impact On Real Estate Market

Centre & Punjab:

Real estate investors have mixed feelings about PML-N victory in Centre and Punjab. Some people believe this will slow down the real estate market because according to them, the recent rise in prices was because money was going into real estate due to people's insecurity about the future. Now that a stable government has been formed, people are not so insecure and will not put all their money in property. Others believe, prices will rise due to rising confidence in the future of Pakistan.

KPK:

People generally believe that PTI's victory is very good news for KPK. Law and order will improve and economy will improve; so people including overseas Pakistanis (many pathans in gulf) will invest their money in cities and small town properties.

Sindh:

Again and coalition of PPP and MQM should be able to bring down target killings and violence if these parties want to have any future in Pakistani politics. So real estate prices of Sindh especially Karachi will take a boost if these 2 parties improve the law and order situation (even if for their own political survival). That will also improve the economy and Karachi stock exchange.

Balochistan:

Prices will improve in Baluchistan and especially in Quetta if Mian sahab can use his good relations with Bugtis and Marris, Sardar Akhtar Mengal and other tribal leaders to reduce the violence in interior Balochistan inshaAllah.

Gilgit Baltistan will improve if tourism industry can be encouraged especially foreign tourists.

Overall, I believe the elections will improve property prices and NOW is the time to buy!!!

Very fair analysis. I hope this serves pakistan the best. I wish and pray that not only real estate but all over economic situation gets on top.

I believe the huge influx of kpk and karachiites due to bad law and order there would slow down and ppl will invest in their hometowns instead which will oversupply isd with land and property prices will decrease inshaallah despite pml-n efforts to improve the infrastructure of isd.

Hmmm… How will the bt malik raiz new developing sectors like bahria enclave get effected by pml-n victory?? This would be intresting … Will pml-n create problems for bt ? Or will malik raiz hug PML-N :slight_smile:

Real estate market grows when there is instability in business.Nawaz pml(n) is business man and will promote business.So real estate will goes down but not crash.

Hi,

People of pakistan are having high hopes from pml-n. History shows that when pml-n holds the throne, the real estate sector of pakistan floursihes. So, in my opinion this is going to be a good era for the realty market.

Regards, Z@in n@deem

I think malik riaz will hug pmln he can do any thing for money

As always pml-n have a great influence in property sector and hopefully like there previous throne they won't be neglecting this gigantic market untouched.

May allah be with us.

All of us knows that pml n main motto is development and stability of pakistan and they will not make any mistake like before , i think the price will rise bcoz of new government and rise of stock market and definently foreign investment will come so dont believe in rumors lets hope for better everything will be fine inshallah

If we go through the performance of shareefs in past 5 years, we can conclude comparatively better result for Punjab (This statement is based on Real Estate Market analysis in previous years). Anyways, I think real estate market will take a boom as punjabians consider pml(n) an experienced party and they will invest more in realtor market.

God bless Pakistan!

A General Message For All Members

Zameen Forum permits its members and encourages to discuss the matters which are solely relevant to Pakistani real estate. We, at Zameen Media (Pvt.) Ltd., strictly condemn the political use of our Forum by any of the participants. Please be apolitical otherwise your posts will be rejected/removed as we keep watching behind the screen.

For any further queries, please free to contact us at esupport@zameen.com.

Regards,

Administrator zameen.com http://www.zameen.com

Real estate trading has emerged as a major competitor to industry for investment funds, given that profitability from real estate generally exceeds that from manufacturing. In fact, land and property cost is now the single-largest item in fixed capital cost in many cases. However, investment in real estate does not accrue gains for the economy or society. This is because land is a finite commodity and increase in land prices does not imply wealth creation. Real estate purchase is an investment for an individual, but not for the economy, since there is only a change of hands.

In my pont of view the areas there is no development will go down. And the developed areas will remain stable.

One of the most important question is how will the blue chip islamabad real estate fare during the pml-n government with cda directly under their control?

Everyone knows that the high profile margalla avenue project was close to the heart of the ppp government.

The pml-n punjab government is on record for opposing this project tooth and nail !! The punjab tried to block this road! The forest land on which the margalla avenue was to be constructed was leased by the punjab government to the federal government at the time of the establishment of islamabad.

Actually two chunks of land were leased. Out of total 12,511 acres of margalla reserve forest, 11,870 acres was leased out to cda under a lease agreement of 20 years. The lease agreement was signed between secretary agriculture west pakistan and horticulture directorate cda during 1966.

The lease period of two areas of reserve forests expired on june 1981 and june 1991, but neither the possession of forest land was handed over back to punjab forest department nor was the lease period extended.

Now the interesting fact is that pml-n will form its own governments in punjab and centre!! Will they now put aside their previous position that the margalla avenue project is harmful for the forest? Will they now complete a ppp project against their own position which they adopted only 2 years back?

Like the motorway project, the margalla avenue project is something for which ppp government will take credit....Even if completed by pml-n!

If the margalla avenue project is shelved by pml-n, how will it impact zone 2 prices? And how will it impact b-17 multi gardens and d-17 engineering cooperative housing society?

I think it's a good sign for islamabad and lahore property till there is chaos in quetta and karachi ... Property will stabalise in lhr and isd only when situation stabalizes in quetta and karachi .. Else it will keep on rising as more migrants head this way for investment.
Stock market when goes up takes away the investment from property so incase stock market goes up it will slow down the rise in property unless there is any foreign investment coming in from overseas pakistanis or multinationals.
There is another prospect in property where non risk taking investors are investing in govt. Owned schemes and not in any other society. Even though the societies like defence / anchorage / fizaia the profit increase is a bit slow n steady but it's safer then the societies which are owned by private parties ...

That being said property in the next five years is overall on the rise specially in lahore and islamabad. Whether stability prevails or not because these two cities are considered as safe heavens till date for property investments.

Feel free to share details if you agree or disagree with my analysis.

Ibrahim bhai....Welcome back alhamdulillah.

What will be the effect of pml-n govt on margalla avenue? As you know, punjab govt tried to block it when ppp started the project. If this project is shelved, how will that affect d-17 and b-17? And how will it affect zone 2 in general?

Unless the government can solve the issue of law and order and bring peace, every sector will be slow. If the new government will solve the issue of insurgency in the country, all sectors will grow and real estate will also boom inshaallah.

Dear brother pk1 Personally i am very possitive on margalla avenue project and kashmir highway project. As whenever new air port will be functional we need multi roads to islamabad as kashmir highway cant bear the whole traffic. D 17 and specially b 17 will take advantage of margalla avenue alot. B 17 is a huge project as compared to d 17 prices will be double after margalla avenue inshallah

The honeymoon period is over.

There is still no peace in the country. In fact bombings and violence continues. Investors are losing heart in Pakistani economy.

Although Ishaq Dar is keeping the rupee versus dollar parity stable, over all the economy is not generating any new jobs, youth (whether educated, semi-educated, skilled or unskilled) are trying their best to go abroad.

I will say Mian sahab has missed the chance to fix the country.

Negotiations with militants will not succeed because Mian sahab wants to keep his feet in two boats: one foot in Islamic boat and another foot in US boat to get dollars. This is a recipe for disaster but it looks like the rulers are high on hareesa!

Yes this is bitter truth... There is no better situation in sight so far... As KHI KPK balochistan etc... Every where all the problem are as it was before... Energy and gas shortages are on its peaks... Yesterday there was news regarding cutting of punjab industrial gas. There is no improvement in corruption, rule of law etc

So how one can expect any solid growth in real estate investment sector without any positive incoming of large foreign investments... I would request all the "optimist ones" to please share their views and thoughts