Work On 10 Lane Islamabad Expressway To Start Soon. Impact On Zone-5 Prices

CDA has asked for per-qualification of bidders for 10 lane Islamabad Expressway. The proposed plan is as follows:

i) Addition of 02 flexible lanes from Zero Point Interchange to Faizabad Interchange;

ii) Addition of 02 rigid lanes and 01 flexible lane from airport/Karal Chowk to G.T. Road.

iii) Rehabilitation of Islamabad Expressway from Faizabad Interchange to Airport/Karal Chowk.

iv) Construction of eastern and western (new) service roads from Airport/karal chowk to G.T. Road.

V) Construction of pedestrian bridges, bus bays, bus shelters, walkways

Vi) Construction of following grade separation facilities:

1. Flyover/underpass at the i-8 intersection (02+02 lanes)

2. Flyover/underpass at Faizabad Interchange to connect traffic Murree to IJP road (02 lanes)

3. Underpass at kuri road (02 +02 lanes)

4. bridge at khanna/lehtrar intersection (02+02 lanes)

5. Interchange at airport/karal chowk

6. Underpass at Judicial/Gulberg (02 +02 lanes)

7. Korang Bridges (eastern &western carriageways)

8. korang Bridge (service road east)

9. railway bridges (eastern &western carriageways)

10. railway bridges (service road east & west)

11. underpass at pwd colony (02 +02 lanes)

12. bhandar bridges (eastern &western carriageways)

13. bhandar bridge (service road east or west as per topography)

14. underpass at japan road (02 +02 lanes)

15. soan bridges (eastern &western carriageways)

16. soan bridges (service road east & west)

17. flyover at dha (02 +02 lanes)

18. interchange at g.T. Road

Kashmir highway aur MA tu bana lein pehlay ...

Billi ko chichroun kay khawaab :D

RFQ for Islamabad Expressway can be found on CDA website:

http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/investment/RFQ-313.pdf

There will be no impact on Zone-5 prices unless work ACTUALLY starts !!

Yes, but once the work starts, which societies do you think will benefit the most? (It will be signal free 5 lane each side from Zero point to Rawat).

I guess the ones right on the expressway will benefit the most (DHA2, River gardens, Soan garden, jinnah garden, ghori town). Gulberg, naval anchorage will also benefit. In my opinion, PWD is already touching the peak. And Bahria 1-6 prices are already sky high.

Regardless of which society benefits the most, this project is most needed for everyone : drivers, passengers, pedestrians

I travel on this road almost everyday and I have seen what I hope nobody sees (accidents )

So much population has increased in last 4-5 years that it's only a miracle that traffic keeps flowing from Koran to GT.

Well that is a good development but they need to do more, the stupid and illeterate people who rush to cross the Highway by crossing fast moving cars where as the flyover is rite above their head, everyday 2/3 poople die but this is a stupid nation unfortunately, they should be fined and jailed.

@Nasir,

Yes, every time I drive on Isb expressway, I curse all those stupid people. They not only put their own life at stake, but also make the drivers and many other vehicles vulnerable to some devastating accidents.

Applying brakes even at 60 kph is almost next to impossible in such cases.

Unfortunately, increasing road width will not solve the issue unless CDA create 1 or 2 alternate routes.

If you travel from airport to zaro point in the morning or return in the evening, then you'll know what I mean. And this is with the current population load in Zone 5. Just imagine when DHA-III K,L,M,N, DHA Valley, Naval Anchroage, Gulberg and Jinnah town are fully populated. Then this road will be permanently chocked not matter how wide or signal-free it is.

Ring road project should be considered by CDA…it can reduce load on all major arteries of Isb/Rwp.

Mass transit /Metro Bus or railway is the only solution for the problem (adopted world wide based on years of experience). Even 20 lane road won't be enough if there are thousands of cars traveling, each carrying single person.

A metro system is desperately needed from Rawat till Parliament House. Also ring road should be constructed on priority and a metro solution deployed there as well.

CDA has no budget for this project. However this cam be built on BOT basis. Which means that a Toll tax may be Rs 50 or more you have to give on every entry on this road.

What is the status of two remaining segments of expressway yesterday I talked to couple of dealers n they told me that work will be done only up to cowrall remaining is not under consideration for now. Any Bro with inside/real info pls share

Any update pls?

Right now, they are constructing it up to Faizabad in Phase-1. Tentative timeline for completion is Dec this year.

Phase 2 will be from Faizabad to Koral.

Phase 3 from Koral to Rawat.

This is Good news for Pindi/ Islamabad and societies on Islamabad Expressway…

Why cant the government start work on metro line on Islamabad highway at the time when its dug up already, otherwise there will be disruption now and again when they start metro extension on highway!! Aqal bari k bhains?

There are people and political parties complaining about 1 metro in a big city and you want a small city to have 2.

Metro is beneficial for the public, every city should have metro buses. I don’t think metro from Zero point to rawat is in the plans in near future, so better to build the road in 2016.