7. 5 million investment

Please suggest a best investment opportunity for up to 7.5 million plot in any dha scheme. Doesn’t matter short term. Or long term. Is Multan file a good option? Is it safe to buy a file? Can someone explain the difference between affidavit and allotment files? Many thanks.

USD start to rise and touching 165 and beyond. Will impact RE investment, especially the inbounds onee from expats and it might impact more or less depending on USD rise!

Imtiaz sb, even in the worst of all markets, there is still good places for investment to be made. Currently, USD-PKR fiasco is due to speculative trading of currency causing people to hoard dollars. PKR will come back below 165 after this mafia is done with hoarding currencies to make little profit.

Tariq, I would suggest you stay on the lookout for DHA Gujranwala. Gujranwala is the best place to investment for next few years as ballot is closeby and development will be on fast-track following that. Currently Gujranwala kanal file has asking price of 85-86 lac which is high by my calculations. Gujranwala market is already taking correction in files and prices have already come down from a high of 92 lacs, I expect it to be in the 70s soon. No one has been buying files at these high prices so demands are falling. To me, the true price lies between 70 and 75 lac so when it does reach that zone, do buy because Gujranwala will definitely double in 3-4 years and might even give triple returns in short term depending on when next RE boom arrives after the current one is over.

1 Like

I will also add that if Lahore DHA phase 10 1 kanal file falls to 70 to 75 lacs range somehow, pick it up definitely as it will also be very lucrative in coming years. Phase 10 file right now is overpriced, realistically it should be in the 80-85 lac range (1 kanal) so if you can afford to buy that whenever the 1 kanal file hits that range, do pick it up. As for Multan, I don’t see why you should be buying files there, much better to buy an on-ground plot because gap between file and plot prices is not much and there is risk of getting a bad location plot with a file. If you really have to buy a file out of budgetary necessity, then I understand. Multan has decent prospects too with doubling of pricing in coming years but growth will be slow and close to capping when it doubles.

As per my understanding affidavit files are basically files that have only been traded once after being allotted. Allocation files are those that are being traded for second time or more. Affidavit files means that the seller of the file is the first owner of the file while with allocation files, the owner of the file maybe the 2nd, 3rd and so on owner of the file (because it’s been bought and sold more than once). Difference between them? Not much, with affidavit files there is zero taxes, minimal transfer costs and only DHA membership fee. With allocation files, it is taxed, transferred like a plot with similar charges. So in the market, allocation files will be cheaper for this reason as transfer charges are higher than with affidavit file.

1 Like

many thanks for your advise

thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.