Construction On A 10 Marla Plot

I am sure a lot of people visiting this forum would be considering undertaking some house construction, sooner or later whether for residence or investment. Construction of a house does not necessarily have to be in one go and can be completed in stages. While planning for house building it is essential to have a fair assessment of the costs likely to be involved at different stages of construction to ensure smooth cashflows. The first major stage is the completion of grey structure. Can someone with relevant experience please post a rough boq list for completing the grey structure on a 10 marla plot (4500 sq.Ft)? Thanks!

AOA.

Your looking at 200 to 250(Grey structure) + depending on the location,and design aswell.... But thats about the average rates going in the market....

Key to key basis : Average house @ 1300 to 1500 Good house @ 1500 to 1700 In a class of its own house @ sky is the limit

Hello sir,

@ H-T, what did you include in the grey structure.

regards, z@in N@deem

Aoa.

People have different definitions of grey structure but in my quotation it includes structure plastering and marble.

Iis it possible that i construct ground floor for now and leave 1st floor for later.

How much is the estimated cost for good contrsuction of ground floor only.

From where can i get a reliable contractor.

How much time it take normally.

Aoa

just calculate the total covered area with the rate mentioned by any contractor.Or just for info reasons take my quote mentioned above

depending on the size of the plot the grey structure for 5 marla it should be 50 days and just add another 5 to days by adding another 5 marlas.

I have worked on few projects if you like to visit them and decide for yourself.

@H-T. Thankyou for that useful information. From your post, I believe the cost of materials has not been included in the price of Rs 200-250/sq.ft and this is just labor, and your recommendation, which I read somewhere earlier, is to buy material yourself. Can you please also give an estimate, if possible, for the approximate quantities of following materials required for construction of double storey grey structure on 10 marla (4,500 sq ft):

Cement Bags: Bricks: Steel: Gravel & Sand:

This info should be really helpful as I believe these are the main materials required for the grey structure. If I missed anything you can add to the list. Thanks!

P.S. Is electrical wiring and plumbing not included in grey structure? I thought they have to be installed before the plastering.

AOA. CEMENT BAGS : AROUND 2000 TO 2500 MAX (including plastering and marble) BRICKS : 100,000/- TO 120,000/- give or take 5000 to 10,000/- bricks depending on the plot.

STEEL : NO MORE THAN 10 TO 13 TONS (WITHOUT BASEMENT)

GRAVEL AND SAND : ROUGH ESTIMATE IS 8 TO 10 TRUCKS EACH.(Gravel should be no more than 4 to 6 trucks)

yes that is just labour rates electrical and plumbing not included and electrical stuff is starts when the concreate is being filled in the lanter.

This estimate is according to my very recent project in bahria town phaze 4.(10 marla house).

If any contractors tells you other wise than he is boulshitting.If you wanna have your house built make sure you get all the material in the day time when your present there and measure it your self.they will tell you different stories that the trucks will drop at night blah blah blah.... Trust me they will con you at night. Dont go for very expensive bricks because they are only used for partitoning all the weight falls on column and beams so even an average brick will do. First lanter the steal bars should be put in the ratio of 6x6 this is the best even if your building for business or for your own residense. Second lanter the ratio can be 6x7 or 7x8 over that i wont recomment.ppl even put 8x9 aswell which is also ok but i dont go for cheap short cuts.

I hope this helps

Dear H--T,

You are doing a very good job. May Allah give you the reward.

Regards

AOA. Mr. Khan.

Thanks. Allah has rewarded me with so much got the most beautifull 2 kids Mashallah. I love construction business but it has been polluted by most of the contractors.they try to rip off hard earned money of innocent people so atleast they can get an inside truth.

Very useful info H-T, Thankyou! Its good to know about the quantities, as prices change on a regular basis, but quantities are likely to remain constant, allowing some estimation at any time. Also, I think the estimates can also be used for upscaling or downscaling depending on plot size. Thanks again.

Dear HT, Thank you for sharing useful info.

For overall budget required for construction of a 10 marla house, how much is the area square feel considered for ground floor and how much square feet for 1st floor. And what is the estimated cost per square feet to have an estimate of over all cost, including everything.

Aoa.

35 x 65 size of 10 marla = 2275 - bylaws = 1925 sqft ground floor depending on the house design the first floor should be more or less the same than mumty 100 or 150 sqft.

So total 4000 sqft covered area double storey 4000 x 1400 = is the estimated cost for an average house........ This is an over all estimate.

@H-T. I was going through the list of materials you posted earlier, don’t you think 2000-2500 bags of cement is too much for a 10 marla plot? I have only limited experience of construction myself, so I asked a more experienced friend of mine today and he believes 1000-1200 bags should be more than enough for a good quality construction. Do you think thats correct based on your experience?

Based on H--T's answer, if i were to get an estimated cost of 10 marla (4000 sqft covered area) grey structure at current market rates, we are looking at around 40-44 lac without finishing :O

2000 - 2500 Cement bags @482/bag = Rs. 965,000 - 1,200,000 100 - 120,000 Bricks @ average 7.5/brick = Rs. 750,000 - 900,000 13 Ton of Steel @ avg 80 - 84000/ton = Rs. 1,066,000 9 Trucks of Sand @ avg 16000/truck = Rs. 144,000 8 Trucks of Gravel @ avg 23000/truck = Rs. 184,000 Labour of 4000 sqft@ avg 225/sqft = 900,000

Aoa. Here is the break down of cement. Base of the plot should be of 3 to 5 inches and the base of the pillars and a water tank atleast 100 cement bags including sewerage tank (requirment of bahria town)

than the cementing of bricks+ your column and beams 100 bags gone there 300 to 400 cement bags for the lanter of 5 inches.

Again the same procedure for the second floor so an extra 500 cement bags gone than mumtry give another 100 cement bags including the lanter of mumty.

1200 total so far.

Than there is kacha before the marble for 3 to 5 inches on all floors between 200 and 300 cements bags.here you can save money if your electricition has laid all the electrical pipes in the walls and nothing on the floor but normally they dont do that because its hard work for them.

Than there is marble around 100 to 150 cement bags consumed there.

Plaster should take around 250-300 cement bags

in the end the boundry wall of 4 feet on the roof top is made of concreate that takes around 50 bags.(bahria requirment) than the water tank , 25 cement bags max...

This is what i normally use.... Any one who says can make it with anything less than he is definately compromising on the quality of masala i use stronge masala so when your putting a nail through the wall to hang some thing the whole chunk of cement wont fall off as i have seen in most of the bahria town houses. Plus if you look at almost 60% of houses in bahria there is damp on the walls 2 reasons for that the land is not solid and cement masala used is very light.

Than the front design its the owners call how he wants it so i would imagine that an estimate of 1000 to 1200 cement bags is good for structure only.

Thanks

@ zeb

the prices you mentioned are of the higher end.which is good for estimation so that you dont go over your budget.but here the break down of mine not much difference.

Cement : fixed prices by the company 965,000/- to 1,200,000/- Bricks : I bought bricks for Rs.5.5 2 months ago now you can get them@6.5 or 6.75 100,000-1,200,000 bricks for 650,000/- 810,000/- steel : the rates you mentioned are for it ITTEHAD STEEL you can get it cheaper from the local guys only if you know how steel calculations work for a layman just remm that in .5 inch there should be 80 to 83 steel bars(one ton) and in 3 sooter there should be 130 to 135 steel bars keep that in mind and you will be safe. So local market the prices are 78000 per ton 13 ton of steel @ 1014000/-

rest is the same

total actual estimate is 3857000 to 4252000/- current market rates

Thankyou H-T and Zeb for that useful information. With your permission I might put it all together in a seperate post for the benefit of forum members. Though I didnt get that 6x6or 7x8 calculation for steel bars for lanter. Can you please briefly explain what that means? Thanks!

Dear H–T, very good information. I was also impressed by your honesty. I want to urge you to please keep it up. You will be blessed with so many things, respect, sakina, wealth to name a few. If you have some time, I might give you a small project. Let me know. Regards.

Thanks shaz... Thats really kind of you.i would never earn haram and give it to my kids.mashallah god has blessed me in every way so no point in lying.

i have send you a message and we can discuss it further than lets see where it leads..