I-11 afghan basti eviction - effect on the property value

Cda is currently carrying out slum demolish in sector i-11 know as afghan basti.

If cda could completely get the hold of whole of i-11 sector and develop it as soon as possible and hand over the possession to plot owners.

This sector have been announced more then three decades ago and still real owners waiting to get possession.

Now question is in future can this sector become a hot cake for investors? Can this sector attain high property rates not equivalent but comparable to other sector such as i-10 or g-10/11/13...???

I-11 has a lot of double allotment issues like in I-11/3 esp. That is why it is vacant land even when there are no encroachments. The very few shops built there have done so at their own risk. Also it depends what are the prices there right now. If they are starting from 100 lacs (or something at the higher end) than there is no point because the previous owners who have waited for 30 years or so would love to avail this chance by asking insane prices. It cannot reach the G series in terms of price even I-10 has not to date. It may come at par with I-10 prices or a slight more because it will have better access than I-10 in terms to commute to Pindi or KH, also it is close to Islamic University.

if i would have a chance to invest in i-11 i would only and only do so until everything is clear 100%

Arshad Bhai. What are the prices in I-10 ?

Sir 3070 (old) are around 15 million to 20 million. 3060 (new houses) are around 18 million to 22 million. 2560 (old) are around 12 million to 15 million. 2550 (old) are around 9 million to 11 million and new houses are around 12 million to 14 million. 25*40 are around 7 million.

These are mostly demands and i am sure real prices must be lower because i have heard from a lot of people and even dealers that I-10 is not s place to sustain higher prices. Know a few people who were selling at higher prices but could not sell so ultimately rented out their properties.

I have got the possession of my two plots in I-11/2, so big boost for my plots value if it is cleared.

There are houses being build in I-11/2

On thing for sure is that this basti was the hub of crimnals in main Islamabad. CDA ney pheli baar kuch acha kaam kiya.

This is riasti deshatgardi. CDA and this corrupt government of Khoon League is no different than Israeli Security Forces. Doing exactly same what they do to Palestinians.

If they are afghan, deport them. If they are terrorists, prosecute them but destroying their dirt houses on public lands has no justification at all.

If they are Afghan, deport them. If they are criminals, prosecute them. But this is plain cruel.

People are loosing their dirt houses and my friend's on this forum are talking about how much we will cash out of it.

Sharam karo Pakistanio. Allah tum sab par Azaab send karey ga.

Shayad ye Falasteen ki aurat hai aur yahoodee is ka ghar tabah kar raheey hain.........she is even showing Quran asking for mercy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zqsop_afghan-women-stage-protest-against-cda-operation_news

They were living illegally, so had to be evicted. Those plots are someone else that they have been grabbed by these people. Say no Land grabbers

Next target of CDA is Bhenazir Colony, hopefully they're successful

They were living on a public land near sabzi mandi way before CDA decided to sale those plots/files to other people.

Pakistan's constitution mandates that government will provide housing to every citizen, so it's government fault to begin with and now, since government is not providing any shelter to these people anywhere else.

yahan par noorey aur us ke darbariyon ko constitution yad hi nahen aya.

The solution is not to encourage people to acquire state land. Or other peoples asset by force. Usually the people living in slums are the front men and women of land grabbers who use them to retain unlawful control over land that does not belong to them.

Genuine poor people should be helped, but the solution to that is to combat land mafia and to develop more residential plots to keep prices low and affordable for the public. If it takes you more than 30 years to develop an area that will house 10,000 then prices will rise to make it unaffordable for the average person, and only rich people would be able to live in Islamabad. This would not be helping the poor but anti poor and would only help the rich or landowners.

The other way to help poor people is for the CDA to develop cheap high rise buildings and sell them on instalments to the poor people.

The majority of poor people don't resort to illegal means to benefit themselves, if the government allows law-breaking then every law breaker would be reward at the expense of the law abiding citizens.

There are too many black sheeps within CDA itself that need to removed. These people are more interested in filling their pockets instead of serving the public.

Totally agree with Imran A khan... 100% agree.

@Arshad.........law is a mean used by ruthless rich/and filthy thieves to crush the poor and innocent.

It would have taken just a few million rupees to give some alternate camp to these human beings , but here its all bet some GIANT thugs and poor daily wagers.

They are living there for more than 30 years , who allowed them 30 years back to make houses here is the actual criminal ,not these poor humans.....bcz none of these miskeens were aware of such legal issues back then.........SHARAM KARO.....

@truthseeker

Only people that need to do sharam is people that support criminal elements.

Good idea to give them another camp and then have the same problems all over again. You try to help them and give them a small area and they keep taking over more and more state and private land.

If you feel so strongly for them then perhaps you should buy some land and give them a camp or join other like minded people and do something for them instead of making law abiding people and society suffer.

The writ of the state has to be maintained at all cost.

Good Job done by CDA atlast…This will even have good impact on over all security of Islamabad…Property will boost even in surrounding sectors like I 10,and G 11 etc…

@Arshad ......no one talks about legality issues here.

And by the way slum dwellers are more patriotic than palace residents.

They are wrong (according to law) but who makes them wrong ???

Do you want to snatch the very human being criteria from them by making slogan like "writ of state" without taking into account the very facts behind such illegal livings.

Writ of the state starts with poor and helpless and ends here, at least in our country, where a politician starts as a peon and riding on a cycle and after 25-30 years sucks the blood of ppl and becomes 20 BILLIONS dollar gangsters and then apply writ of the state on other.

Joker of the day is the one ,who jumps blindingly.

@truthseeker

Who makes them wrong? The land mafia that uses them to occupy land that does not belong to them and to blackmail get money or land from CDA just to move elsewhere.

By developing land the government will be helping ten of thousands build homes, but delaying development government will be helping private developers and landowners as they can charge more for their land which would be free from land mafia control.

CDA allotted them plots in Alipur Farash, I think 3 marla plot for each of the family. They sold it and came back.

No sympathy for these people

@Khaannn ....if what you say is correct , then cda has done a good job , but why not they brought female police to deal with ladies.

eviction is lawful and appreciated ,and should be extended to all areas of pindi/Islamabad.