Investor Alert: The Fake "Guru"

Isloo you are spot on. I know exactly the kind of things you are referring to. The lobbyists also make sure that the News gets planted in papers enjoying some credibility and not the likes of evening papers.

@Pardesi. I think you are missing the point here. Use of social media for property discussions is a relatively new phenomenon in Pakistan and is slowly but surely catching up, and so are the risks associated with its use. Does it really matter whether the projects initially being targeted by scammers are well known or less known? If the fake gurus are on the hunt, they will operate wherever they can trap their next prey.

I think people of Pakistan are not so blind who will invest after discussion on social media forum.The 99% people of Pakistan have same mentality to checks the rates several times before invest.

I think social media is good addition in information world. Other wise until 1999 people were relying on news paper and property dealers.

Hum to aik mobile purchase kartay waqt 50 shops visit kartain hain then how some one will invest blindly.

You have to be kidding me! This theory about a guru causing a run on the market is so daft that I couldn't sell it to my 5-year old.

To the retard who started this idiotic thread: What do you take us for? Is there a sign on our foreheads or a badge saying we're from the same institution as you?

Seriously, get yourself a life.

I am amazed at how gullible and easy to deceive our people can be. If it weren't the case, we would not be having one scam after the other, from forex scam to double shah to the mudaraba scams until very recently. Frankly I wouldn't have expected even a 2 year old to fall for these any more. Yet, year after year, thousands, seemingly knowledgeable and well educated people keep falling for these same traps. Perhaps it is not so much about common sense and more about greed.

Enclave-2 for which we have an active thread on this forum is one of the best examples in real estate. That project was never officially launched by Bahria, No TV adverts, no newspaper ads, nothing. Most people found out about it through online media and word of mouth. I am sure all the people, as smart as we are, must have visited 50 dealers. Yet, some people bought that file for 9.5 lakhs and others bought the same file for 14.5 lakhs, all in the same market! In fact different people bought that file even from the same dealer at different rates! Then there are even worse and lesser known projects in which people have been trapped for years.

Given this background, I am glad this warning was shared. In fact I would recommend to Zameen admin to post its core content as a disclaimer for the information of new members on its forum homepage.

Thanks Raza sb. The examples you have mentioned are very pertinent. In fact even now, despite all this awareness, some people are falling for a trap by buying in Eden Islamabad.

At the same time, I find it a little amusing that a couple of people seem to be getting quite defensive over my post! I didn't name anyone, nor did I accuse anyone on this forum of doing such a thing. It was just a news item which I shared to create awareness on a potential issue. Yet, some people seem particularly rattled. I wonder why?!!

@Kashif Sheikh. What a question man! You are really Bholey badshah. I want YOU to answer that question yourself. You have stepped on the head of the scorpion and wondering why it is trying to sting you with its venomous tail! I can answer that directly but I would like you or any other intelligent member to apply their mind before I reply. You have till tomorrow to answer.

@Falcon. This question reminds me of a joke someone sent to me wrt Defense day.

Teacher: Batao Biwi, begum aur wife mein kya baat common hai?

Student: Sir, ye sub India, Bharat aur Hindustan ki tarah aik hi dushman ke mukhtalif naam hain!

I hope I made my point!

@Wajeeh. Good answer, but I am expecting something better. Kashif why don’t you give it a try?

@Falcon. Janab everyone can’t be a “fake guru hunter” like you! You are sharp and blunt. To be honest I am still not 100% sure what you are telling me with that scorpion example, but just working back on your past comments, are you saying that these people e.g. Pardesi, Baloch, are the pseudo accounts being used by someone else whom we know and who has been exposed already?!

@Kashif Sheikh. Now you are talking! Bol ke lab Azad hain tere!!

Sheikh sb and Falcon

Please note all fakies hv changed their psudo names and hv more patriotic ones.

http://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/projects_and_developments/open_letter_to_president_cdechs__10_points_of_members-10682-6.html

@Nasir05. It is not surprising. This guy will change his father’s name on his CNIC if it earns him a few bucks, you are talking about his online ID?! He is a fake alright, but this is not the only ID he is using, that’s for sure.

Don’t worry Nasir, let him try all his stunts.He is getting desperate because he knows that his cover is blown and now just about everyone knows who is really hiding behind that ID. Its never easy to Really say “good bye”, is it?!!

@Falcon. Fun begins. Intruder alert on Zameen! The fake ID master is back, what do you say?

Awais it is not at all unexpected. He had been trying hard to continue his dirty work using his other IDs but failed. He tried to raise the “pardesi” Id as the next guru but it back fired. Now he has realized that without his prime deception tool, he can’t play his game anymore. But rest assured, the level of awareness is much higher this time. He has chosen the worst possible time! And yes, its fun time!! Hunting season on hai!

@Falcon. Now you are being unrealistic. How can someone with a dozen different IDs to choose from, run out of options to post? It seems he has realized that whichever fake ID he uses, whether its Pardesi, baloch, truthseeker, Fahim Iqbal or any other, people already know it is napaki. So he must have thought what the hell, lets take of the mask and reveal the ugly face, again!

Wajeeh, falcon and kashif sheikh, why all of you guys are using semi-colon after question mark… Seems like you all got same writing habit or its just same person replying to himself like a mad man or psychopath… Wink wink…:)))

E.g. Pardesi, Baloch, are the pseudo accounts being used by someone else whom we know and who has been exposed already?! (kashif sheikh)

This guy will change his father's name on his CNIC if it earns him a few bucks, you are talking about his online ID?! (wajeeh)

his cover is blown and now just about everyone knows who is really hiding behind that ID. Its never easy to Really say "good bye", is it?!! (falcon)

Seems another fake bug

I think this is property discussion forum... Which is now turning into some UNDERGROUND OPERATION.

Come on guys, get out of egos and play positive role in this forum.

Thanks