Islamabad Highway Expansion Layout

It should be wider than 10"lanes. Main road of 12 lanes (6 on each side) plus two lane service road on each side. Minimum 16 lane in total from 0-Point to Rawat. Along the service road should be regulated construction of high rise buildings of minimum 20 floors with three basement levels for car parking. The whole project should be built and financed on public-private-partnership mechanism.

All Murree Road commercial property owners should be shifted by law to Highway Commercial Avenue from 0-point to Rawat. The Murrer Road commercial properties should be bulldozed on both sides and both sides should be developed into linear parks from Faizabad to Saddar. These parks should be used for professional sports training programmes in cricket, hockey, handball, track and field for people from Gujjar Khan to Peshawar.

Paki Bhai as far as property investment is concerned 10 lane will do the trick.. Its already wide enough from ) point till Airport Chowk. Further 5 +5 Lanes till Rawat will be good for now..

Personally I can feel a game changer in Islamabad / Rawalpindi especially by Metro.. One may agree or not but the fact is that lot of traffic load will be taken by the bus service, lessening pressure on the existing roads..Lot of ppl will prefer to leave the cars home and travel for 20 Rs in a AC timely bus service..And if they extend this service till Rawat than it will completely shift the present situation

@Matrix. To some extent I think you are right. If the service quality of Metro matches, even if not exceeds, the old Varan service, many people will switch to using it for going to their jobs. After all, the money you spend on fuel on commuting to and from work is just an overhead cost deducted from your salary, so rationality demands that people should try to minimize it. They can use their cars for their private work or when travelling with family. Areas located near metro may then see more interest specially from tenants.

The road has been widened till airport chowk but the faizabad flyover is still the narrow six lane. They will have to reconstruct two of its loops to make it 10 lane. There also seems to be a plan to build metro route along this road, whenever the expansion project starts. That would be a plus.

I don;t think making it signal-free and 10 lane will solve the miseries of commuters coming from Zone 5, Airport and Fizaia. The problem is communities by the highway and HTV. The solution is twofold: 1) alternate roads and 2) rawalpindi/Islamabad bypass. Without these, zone 5 will remain disadvantaged.

Sorry folks, but this is reality. Don't compare Islamabad Highway with Kashmir highway. Both are absolutely different in features.

I think solution is to build Metro train/bus service along Islamabad highway. Making it 10 lane will not solve the problem. Anyway governments in Pakistan only think about people who have cars. If they can make Pindi bypass which can divert traffic from Tarnol and end up in Rawat will solve problems as no heavy traffic will go through city. It will remove burden on Kashmir highway, Islamabad Highway as well as on GT road.

@ Isloo. How Kashmir Highway and Islamabad Highway are different in features?

10 Lane Express-way and Metro running between Rawat and 0 Point will definitely solve lot of Commuting problems for ppl living on both sides of Express-way...

Not much difference between KH and Express-way after above changes...

I have seen development works in Islamabad for a long time. How many years they took to start dualization of Ibn-e-Sina Road from PIMS to G-11. More than 10 years from plan to start of works to completion of project. And this was a small project.

Let me tell you there will be no hurry with any government department as long as routine traffic can flow on Islamabad Highway as it is presently. Jab tak Guzara ho raha hay koi kaam nai ho ga.

Then finally when traffic hits choking point and people start prpotesting, then the departments will be pushed to start the work. This is what happens sir.

Ok but KH was not extended in 10 years and other than that the whole of Isb Expressway expansion is not required. Also there are many societies on expressway can put pressure to build road for the ease of commuters. Also there are no encroachment issues it is clean so should be done on priority but again this is Pakistan who knows we might be seeing something after 20-30 years

It was expected that Govt will start expansion of Highway soon after Metro completion. But Punjab govt is starting another mega project worth 40 Billion named as Leh Expresswa in 3 phases. Link is following

http://www.dawn.com/news/1162616

I don't know if straining the resources of Punjab Govt will effect Highway expansion project or not. All this is for Local Bodies election. Multan metro is also to be started after Islamabad metro.

Pk1's comment has sense that project can be delayed till traffic can ply on highway. If Malik Riaz and DHA puts pressure than its possible. But all this is in perspective of Local Bodies election.

DHA and Bahria residents will never become voters of PML-N.

Malik Sb , I usually appreciate your comments but saying that some projects will be started because of local bodies elections is immaterial for property business or investment..

Of-course political governments give priority to projects which gets them votes.. Investors should be more focused on getting the max benefit out of these developments...

Different ppl have different political inclinations, they may live in DHA , Bahria or any other societies... Its always a mix..

Personally I think making roads any where is better than making roads nowhere....

@ Matrix. Everyone can think wrongly including myself. I just presented another angle which is connected with politics. I will not insist that I am right.

Property gets jump with road developments and easier access. Unfortunately roads are connected with politics. Politicians are usually extremely sharp in winning and preserving their vote bank.

Yes I agree, be it express-way, Leh road or Metro its all going to positively effect the property market of Isl/Rwp.

I see 2015 as active year for property scene compared to 2014,the reason I may list below:-

1. Stable political situation-(No dharna planned in near future)

2. More focus on improving Security situation

3. Attractive low prices for investors

4. Infrastructure development especially in Isl/ Rwp

Sir which areas you talking about where “attractive low prices for investors”. Currently i think all good notable places even for investment are highly priced.

Arshad, I am talking about Bahria ph 8, B 17 especially which are both at lowest since last 1.5 years…What areas u think are high price nowdays…

Yes you are right but not everyone wants to go to B-17 or bahria phase 8 and as B-17 has lot of issues including proposed possession i do not think 2015 would bring any good luck but only when they how some output whether after 1 year or 10 or 100 years. E-17 should also be attractive as possession is there but it is a dead society so far and prices stagnant for a very long time. Dha, cda, bahria are all highly priced now not talking about private societies