Kashmir Highway

I am not in consonance that there is new proposed road from zero point to new international airport. Even if there is a new road it will take years to complete as per track record of our road construction authorities. There are certain pending projects like Margalla avenue only 6-8 km which are bound to complete and in my opinion construction of a such a long road more than 20km may not be materialized in a time frame of 2 years. First of all planning will take time and then implementation may take more than 2 years. The only optimal straight and quick connection for new airport is from Kashmir high to motor way and from there onwards. This project may not be materialized so soon even if proposed. Road planning is a very daunting task and then implementation very cumbersome one.

so it means people still need to wait and watch but i guess the rumour is a light at the end of the tunnel for related individuals..

regards, z@in N@deem

Well now from what I heard is that the whole airport plans have changed. This has frustrated the construction co of new airport as it will delay plans to complete the new airport. They are saying that it will now take roughly around july 2015 to complete due to new gov plans.

Also the rumours regarding Kashmir highway are still nothing to confirm whether true or not. But what I hav heard apparently the new airport road will connect 1 way direct to Kashmir highway and the ring road will be changed. So the new airport will cut through top city only and not mc as well. But still waiting on more news...

Yes any road may cut thru top city. But one of NHA employee who was involved in survey told me that there r 2 routes under consideration, one that z older route. Second z a proposed route by passing all societies. He told he is not exactly aware of the route but it may be 4rom left. He also claimed that this route is shorter. The case z with CAA. I do not know the exact status.

Well this is it ali saab. Nothing but politics so far. If they had carried on with initial plan, there would be no problem but right now they are delaying plans, which is also affected the airport development also. This airport appears to be delayed constantly. I think it will be probably fully developed along with new airport road in 10 years the way things are going!

The operation of new airport is independent of this so called planned road and government will not wait for the completion of this road but rather access will be provided from motorway to new airport through kashmir highway. This road will take a decade to complete.

Thanks Ali, that was a concrete information. But we cant say how long the authorities will take to complete the development.

There is a scheduled meeting today for this new road. Lets see what they decide.

Where will this meeting take place?

Thanks

@ Shahid, If you come to know anything about this meeting. Please share it with us.

Regards, z@in N@deem

Airport will be complete by end-2015 or in 2016. This govt. Has again taken loan from IMF ($7.3 bn) and it's a pre-condition for IMF to halt all developments. So there is no Margalla avenue, Kashimir highway in near future. Even you can see kashmir highway condition from last 3 years. This will develop but not very soon, Govt. Has already taken loans to clear existing loans then where are funds for developments ? This hype is created by local dealers to raise property prices but in reality it is different. Present government priority is law and order, electricity load-shedding, gas load-shedding etc, First main national issues will be resolved then focus will come to this.

@khyber sb…Sir are u sure about the pre condition you mentioned regarding imf loan???

These conditions are not publicised due to backlash by people but you can check this http://takbeeremusalsal.blogspot.com/2013/07/we-have-been-sold-to-imf-by-nawas.html

we have already seen effect of IMF loan taken in 2008 (Dollar moves from 60-98) and no development in PPP tenure. Now, Dollar moves from 98-103 in just 2 months of Nawaz Shareef Govt. And this will continue.

I think what bhai kyber is saying is true as that’s why the development keeps stopping. From what I heard the whole construction plans for the new airport have changed also which has cost time and money. Most important negative impact is the delay once again! there are rumours circulating that the property bubble will burst as a result of the chaotic law and order as it needs to immediate attention, which the new gov just appears to ignore completely.

Khyber sb. U r talking about bigger perspective. V Only can get rid of IMF /US, when v establish Khilafat in Pakistan. As far as NBBIA & Approach Roads are cocerned is concerned, no big change in Airport design. Access road design in pipeline. Road will any how start in this yr. Click http://www.pc.gov.pk/psdp/PSDP_2013-14/5-Communication_Division.pdf, see Sr.# 129

Construction Work on NBBIA is in full swing.

Work on airport is in full swing, but their was a delay as the gov had new plans which apparently frustrated the construction company. The work is still going on so in terms of development it should not be a problem. The only minor issue is the deadline has now officially been changed to july 2015 now. Work at airport is going well though just delayed deadline date, which has wasted a lot of time and money thanks to new gov.

Any news on Kashmir highway ext?

No Rawat Airport:Minister of Parlimentary Affairs informed NA today that there is no proposal under consideration for development of any other new airport in Islamabad.

http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/politics-a-policy/156237-new-islamabad-airport-to-be-completed-by-2016-na-told.html

CDA Chairmen visited at site of Kashmir Highway yestrday. He asked concerned officials for the completion of the project within the stipulated time period.