Lasani Wood

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the pros and cons of using Lasani wood. My carpenter is suggesting to build wardrobes with Lasani, I would like to know personal experience of people if it is durable.

Faisal

Lasani is the best option in the market with regards to the price.Just make sure you have injected the termite proof chemical than there is nothing much to worry abt…

Dear Faisal Khan

Lasani is not wood it is MDF which is for you in easy workd like chip boar it is kind of board and normally ppls using for wardrobes and kichen cabinets.

There is laminated Lasani board is also in market which you can use to avoid paint if you will use usual/normal lasani then you have to do paint or polish them which will increase your cost.

Rest your choice.

Regards

dSA

Thanks HT and DSA,

Question though !

Is Lasani as termite prone as natural wood or worse ?

Is there any particular recommendation for the chemicals against termite ?

rgds,

Faisal

I don't think Lasani is termite proof. Termite proof is only diyar (Cedar ) Wood. But termites are not fond of eating sheets in wardrobes. They attack door frames. Other things are at much later stage till you can do treatments of termite.

By the way I am just finishing my own house. Green Lasani is best. It's HDF not MDF. HDF stands for High Density Fibre. It can be painted with enamel later.

I think engineered woods like MDF and HDF are much better than wood itself. Reason is cost efficiency and shape of engineered wood I.e in form of sheets which is suitable for wardrobe.

Lasani is a wood which is long live. I would also like to suggest you that use this wood for long time. I have noticed in many Rural areas that they used Lasani wood 30 to 40 years back but still the wood is in good condition. If you find the actual wood then I would like to suggest you that go for it.

Regards,

Hamza Asif

http://www.ameradnan.com

Hamza Asif Sb Lasani is not a wood....

Faisal Khan...You can call FMC,Mirage for termite proofing chemical which you should give to your wood contractor who should use during wood works and they know this process very well....

Regards

@DSA

You are right but if one of our customer doesn`t know about it then we had to talk with him according to his mind set to solve his problem. Lasani is a plywood that we use to make furniture beautiful and attractive. Thanks.

What are the price of lasani sheet todays

What is rate of lasani sheet

Can anyone suggest which one is better:

wood door vs. Fiber doors

Wood working is the activity or skill of making items from wood, and includes wood carving, joinery, and carpentry.

Doors

When you enter a house, the first thing you face that is the Main Door of the house. Main Door always made up of solid wood. Always choose a beautiful and attractive design. Select quality wood for main doors.

Woods

Here are some beautiful woods available in Pakistan or can be Import from other countries

A-Class Woods

Here are some most expensive, beautiful and quality woods that are using in Luxury housing.

1.Bocote (Cordia)

World's most expensive wood is Bocote. Bocote is sought for its great beauty and ease of working. Bocote is a particularly fine, beautiful wood, with colours varying from light to golden brown and variegated irregular marking. It has an attractive ray fleck figure If quartersawn. Bocote is a strong lustrous wood, with medium and uniform texture and straight or shallowly interlocked green.

2.Walnut (Akhrot)

A beautiful wood with straight grains has a medium texture and moderate natural luster. Walnut is using in Luxury housing needs, doors, furniture's etc.

Pine Wood (Chilgoza)

Pine is Pine, right ? not quiet.

There's quiet a range in density and strength when it comes to the pine. Pine has a big family

Sand pine, Spruce pine, Table mountain pine, pitch pine, Virgina pine, pond pine.

Deluxe Quality Woods

1.Deodar (Diyar)

Mostly using in Pakistan Housing Industry, Deodar is our National wood, it have a beautiful and attractive texture with its pleasant smell.

2.Sheesham Wood

Heart wood raises from dark brown to a darker reddish brown. Generally has a straight grain though it can be interlocked sometime severely so. Texture is medium to coarse with a good natural luster.

Standard Quality Woods

Here are some economical woods for standard quality housing

1.Ash Wood

A big family of Ash wood available in market Blue Ash, White Ash, Black Ash.

2.Teak Wood

Artificial Woods

Many artificial wood products are available in Pakistan. Mostly using in economical wood work for doors, kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, furnishes etc.

for more details pls visit my blog

armco-builders.blogspot.com

regards

muzafar mirza

Dear fahad

wooden doors always a good option but costly ever.

Fiber doors are economical but you can't repair if any one damage then a wooden.you can change the any parts of wooden door any time of life.

Dear All,

Any one send me contact details Lasani Sheet / Metal Sheet distributer in Rawalpindi.

Thanks & Regards

Arshad Hussain

You want to renovate your house economically it is important for you to decide the total expenditure requirements/limit. It is important to remember in budgeting that you cannot overestimate your budget, keep your budget underestimated and then move on to researching for things you need.So i would suggest to you the Resin bound gravel , Because they offer quality work at cheap rates.