New Islamabad Airport Road Network

Yesterday PM Nawaz Sharif approved the road network for new Islamabad airport. There will be two roads one for people coming from Rwp/Isb and one for people coming from Chakri, Chakwal, Sargodha etc.

The main road from rwp/isb will start from Golra more Haji camp towards new airport. It will pass through sector i-14,15,16,17, mouza noon and bajnial. This road will also have fence line. And the second road will be from thallian interchange towards new airport, this road will also handle cargo traffic. All the aviation related commercial activities will be on this road because it has no fence line. Pm Nawaz Sharif also ordered immediate construction for this project.

@Ch Shahid: Sir thank you for that useful info. If the first road will be fence lined, it will probably not be of much use to these areas and might even cause them problems incase state acquires their land. Is that correct or am I missing something? Thanks.

Service road and access to lands from one or two points will be provided later on.

Seems like a good start for the decade old stagnant CDA-Islamabad.

Well thats should be good then. Without access roads it might have become a problem. Thanks.

So what about Kashmir highway? Will its lane extension be shelved now?

Is there a link to a proposed master plan of these roads connected to airport? for it to be more clearer for us also?

Got this information from project director.

So which societies will these new roads benefit?

It will pass through from CDA sectors i-14,15,16,17 and end will be at top city block f. But no access guaranteed for top city yet. But societies near cda sectors will take much benefit like cbr , Foreign office society etc.

Looking at the existing maps on google, one can see a small road streaking along the path you have mentioned. I wonder if they will further expand and develop this present road or is it going to be a new road altogether, and what will they do when they reach the motorway, build an interchange, or an overhead or underpass connection?

So whats going to the Kashmir highway extention? has this plan been totally scrapped?

No way Sheikh sahab.

Kashmir Highway widening and extension are already approved and tendered.

Kashmir Highway is the most straight-forward route to the new airport. The new road will be made to provide alternate routes to the airport inshaAllah. If there is only the Kashmir Highway route, then there will be too many traffic problems due to multiple flights or VIP movement.

Obviously you cannot have VIP movement through Golra and I-16. So they will use Kashmir Highway.

That’s good to hear, so mumtaz city and top city should not be affected. Foechs should see an increase in prices with the road access to airport. Thanks for that pk1.

Kashmir highway widening and extension are two different projects by two different authorities. Basically kashmir highway ends at golra toll plaza. Unfortunately the road from mumtaz city and top city is no more at official level.

@Ch Shahid, What is the fate of extension then? Will it be widened and extended till start of M-1 interchange

What about E-16/17 and E-19 will main road or link road pass or touch them?

I dont think E-16/17 will be touched by the airport road.

However, in the future, the Blue Area road will be re-alligned at F-10 and then it will be extended to cross GT Road into Zone 2. There it will pass in between F-17 and E-17. At that time these societies will get a benefit. Multi is showing this road on all its maps.

But no one knows when this will happen. But I think it will surely happen some day.

@ Syed amjad There will be a new interchange at motorway. @ Intern Kashmir highway widening will continue till golra morr. And from Golra morr there will be a new road which will link Islamabad and Rawalpindi with airport. For me this new alignment is better than the old.

Also traffic from rawalpindi is more than from islamabad for airport.