Pending Approval

I recently noticed that when i right something with the words Malik Riaz or Riaz Malik my post says that it is pending approval when other posts don’t say that and are appear on the website straight away. I hope that Zameen is not trying to exercise censorship or trying to act against free speech.

Bro, Point to be noted, You also wrote Malik Riaz or Riaz Malik in this post, but it didnt go for 'pending approval'.

Hilarious?

Keep Posting!!! regards, zain Nadeem

Waisay baat tou bari ki hai Zain sahib nay :slight_smile:

I hope its not the way you have mentioned… Some times i do get pending approvals and after sometime its shown on the thread

It didn’t go into pending approval perhaps because I wrote it under forum suggestions or error and bugs.

Dear All,

According to my humble knowledge, every portal stores a file containing bad words/restricted words which are then compared with the words of submitted post/thread. The post is then held for moderation if system finds similarity. This is the one scenario from many others, and definitely a measure which signifies the worth of the portal!

Regards,

Tanveer Yousaf

This is not that way....if you use word Malik Riaz it wont stop pending or deleted once you say something against him....few of my posts disappeared from the threads....

God knows better but if this is like that it is not good....

Regards

@ DSA thats happened with me aswell but i thought may be i was mistaken but after reading ur post i am sure that it actually happened..... I think we should ask the management to be answerable for this ... I hope this post dont go missing ..

Malik Riaz is not an offensive word that its mention should need moderation. This is censorship. People in Pakistan may think that censorship is ok but most people in the west would find it offensive. I can understand that some websites would not want to offend him because of their own vested interests, but free speech should not be censored if it may upset someone.

A couple of people above have mentioned that their posts have disappeared, I think that the website should have clearly defined rules and the management of the website should not be able to delete comments without a very good reason, or unless someone has violated any rules. It should not be based upon the whims of whosoever is the moderator.

I have noticed that when I mention the word ‘fraud’, it gets pending approval. Don’t know, whether they think im encouraging it or something, I have no idea but it always says pending approval? Then my post goes live after a few days.

Its done it for this also…lol…read my latter post as its pending approval.

One of my posts on the subject is pending approval because it contains someones name.

I have same problem something wrong.

Several of my posts were put on hold 'Pending approval' saome time back. Those did not have Malik Riaz or Riaz Malik or any (other) bad words etc. I reminded admn a few times but those were never posted. I am not sure the policy about approvals etc. Can Zameen Admn share with Forum members what exactly goes to Pending Approval and if it is posted after scruitniy etc!

Agree with arshad.

Absolutely right, Arshad bhai "Website should have clearly defined rules and the management of the website should not be able to delete comments without a very good reason, or unless someone has violated any rules. It should not be based upon the whims of whosoever is the moderator."

Dear Members,

We know Zameen Forum is a room solely dedicated to promoting the Pakistan Real Estate Info, and we encourage healthy contribution in this regard which is apolitical - performs no role in politics.

Please note we can cut back abusive or immoral content so everyone of us should be a sophisticate and keep on the positive path.

As our members have been informed in some of previous discussions that we are still working on Forum pages and trying our best to turn up an extra ordinary system soon.

All the pending posts submitted after 6:00 PM are approved within first hour of the next morning shift.

For any further suggestions or feedback, please contact us at esupport@zameen.com.

Best regards,

Administrator Zameen.com http://www.zameen.com

Dear Zameen Admn

Kindly allow me to disagree with you. Abusive, immoral etc is not the only criteria to hold the posts I am sure, there must be something else as well, probably ignorance on the part of the person who is filtering etc. I am saying this because my 'On Hold' posts (from last month) never carried any abusive, immoral discussion or even such words but still they are still on-hold. I have seen some posts with very bad words but those never were filtered.

Guys if I wrote here Big Nose Puppet so it is an abuse?..

With due respect most of us are mature and experienced forum members and property investors, and posts are going into pending not due to immoral or abusive words or even for political reasons but for reasons that are unknown and need to be explained to us. You need to reduce the list of words that make posts go into pending. If you have a look at my posts that went into pending approval and were later posted, there is nothing abusive or immoral or political in these posts, therefore the problem lies in your list of words that act as a filter and these need to be removed. You also owe us a full explanation.