Property market going down

Hi me being new here so don’t know how this works but here it goes

I wanted to get the opinion of anyone who is not sugar coating the facts and provides the opinion malice free. Will the market go down about the recent inflation numbers??

i think stable and secure populated areas will keep rising no matter what happens but files and unpopulated society will be decline or stagnant for next 1 year.

1 Like

@muzz320, Pakistani property market does not get affected with inflation. It moves in cycles triggered by speculators and property tycoons. Govt policies such as amnesty schemes and taxation create these waves.

Having said that, I think this is the period of stagnation, after prices inflated heavily last year due to amnesty and construction package. In most cases prices doubled and now either stationary or correcting in some cases.

Recent tax increase on property transaction has discouraged investors so they are waiting and watching. Which means this is the best time, specially for overseas investors who can benefit from 30-40% currency devaluation.

I don’t think prices will come down substantially, except for correction in some places.

1 Like

overseas will invest as soon as this bhikaris chors are away and new elected government by the people of Pakistan in power. Inshallah !
at the moment is very risky for overseas to invest. in 3 months 40% devalued, imagine if this mafia remain for another 5-6 months…,
which property will give this much gain then holding foreign currency at the moment.

2 Likes

@sohail.ahmed1, I think you should keep your frustration on the dedicated thread, there is no point in polluting all thread with the same rona dhona.

@isloo1 so should we expect reasonably priced housing units for the middle class who are holding onto their savings? because an exciting property market means no chance for small fish and no chance of buying homes (thats my opinion). isnt it?

@isloo1 , Brother hamara kia rona dhona, we are Alhamdulillah still earning in foreign currency , yes this regeime of clearing the criminal casses and removal of names from ECL and disfunctioning any type of accountability in the country, realy wasted all our investments in the home land.
every overseas to be careful now onwards.

On the topic, the market is not down at all for the livable and possession areas, yes the sale is not as easy as in past.
at the moment people holding on every financial decisions as no more trust left

@sohail.ahmed1, As I said let’s keep the political bickering on the dedicated thread and not litter all threads with the same contents. I think people are fed up with this nonsense and their active participation has gone down to almost zero.

On topic: as far your reading of the market is, I will second it, that some projects where genuine buyers are buying plots and building houses are still going up but in slow pace. But those projects which either saw disproportionate hike last year (DHAs, B-17, etc.), or those facing scandals such as Gulberg Green are stagnant or sliding down.

This guy sums it up nicely.

Seems very much convincing…