Rs one crore

I plan to open a fast food point and for the shop i have budget of one crore rupees. Please dvise which area is suitable as i have another 25 lac rupees for shop furniture and equipments etc.

Try to find shops in DHA-2 or Multi F-17.

Dear izhar,

first of all let us know in which city do u want to invest.

You can contact me if you want to invest in any society . Currently I have properties for investment if you want to invest money you can contact me 923134335297

Margalla heights 2 f-17and new city phase 2 ext. Wah cantt. Would be the best choice. For details contact me on 03335703783. As I’m running my construction company and always in contact with housing societies so I’ll tell you the best option according to your budget. Regards adeel Malik Islamabad.

Azhar Sahab

If you are inclined to do business in Rawalpindi or Islamabad then the following might help you:

DHA-2 is a very good place for business but in my opinion BT phase-8 is better in order to bring the returns nearer than DHA-2, if you think the business future situation.

BT-Phae-8 is soon entering in a phase where construction speed would start happening exponential rather than in slow linear fashion. This happens all around the world…when residences become visible in clusters, construction becomes faster.

The army residents in DHA-2 are vary fond of having their evenings in Jacranda club 5 start dining facilities at reduced rates, this may give you lesser business. Moreover DHA-2 is having less plots compared to BT-Phase-8.

I have written before that DHA has acquired 1000s Kanal of land recently in the vicinity of BT phase-8 sector A & L and it would be very stupid of them if they do not go for a bridge at Swan River which would connect the biggest part of Pindi to BT, enroot to Islamabad.

After the bridge DHA would sell like a hot cake and DHA expressway is likely to see a mind boggling traffic. DHA have to have this value addition as they need money to do valley and extension and they cannot hold valley development for ever. DHA-4 has already proved successful.

Now BT Phase-8 is low on price but commercial have started rising. You can get a commercial on expressway now with ample parking space and secure your business.

I am also getting info to get the Gulf’s famous chicken fast food chain “ The Tazaj” but they are demanding 3% straight profit on my earnings…let us see how it goes…this chicken is light on stomach as compared to KFC and is more tasty.

1 crore is not enough in Islamabad to do fast food….you will be requiring at least 1600 sq ft of plot to start from a very basic level. BT commercial seems right for you, if not on the main road you can look forward for one in BT valley blocks, preferably abu baker block.

Another advantage in BT For fast food: there are dealer offices all around the place and no one bring lunches from home…your packs would be selling like anything…

Dealers are rich guys and they do not mind to offer expensive lunch to cath fishes...

All the best for your business and pls share your experience here

U can buy a shop in spring north or bussiness bay bahria town and open a fast food restaurant there. Already rasheed sweets, gloria jeans, chicken cottage, tutti fruti , italian pizza and many more franchises are operating there and they are having a succesful bussiness

shop price in spring north is i guess 90 lacks

Qayyum bhai can you tell more about this bridge. Where is it located and what parts it intends to connect to. What has dha expressway got to do with it. And is it just in plans or has any foundation being laid or work started?

and BT8 is far away almost isolated from anything. Do you really believe its commercial can have a big impact because i don't believe that any outsider would specially opt to go for shopping in BT8 where we have saddar, commercial market in pindi, blue area, jinnah super, super market, Centaurus etc.

Abdul Qayyum sahib! What is the availability and price of a 4-marla bahria commercial plot on main expressway? I can’t do business myself but think if one should buy for making a plaza and rent it out or may be make a petrol pump and lease it out … Thanks in advance for your valuable advice.

Arshad Bhai

This bridge thing is an old story. It was started years before and seeing the huge value potential, influential people jumped in and encouraged villagers to go in litigation. The work then stopped right there. It was to connect to BT phase-8. Still the prep work could be seen there.

Of course there are ways to connect Adiala side to kachehri chowk but this phase-8 connection is very convenient to move around.

Shopping:

Sir, phase-8 is a city itself…in 5 years it would prove a very busy place and even without this bridge, the place will be a model shopping place in Rawalpindi. MR has done wise thing to shift BT head office further deep in phase-8 and making picnic/theme facilities even further down towards Rawalpindi, presumably, around F2/3/4….

The people who are having commercial plots around expressway will be net beneficiaries but as I said it will take at least 4-5 years more to reach that stage.

Looking into ever increasing cost of petrol and convenience, people would find harassed to go Pindi commercial market, Islamabad places, if they have all available at their door steps inside phase-8.

Fast food, pharmacies, hospital, High school, prep Nurseries, the FF Medical University and many other facilities are just in good approach.

I am not denying the importance of shopping places, you mentioned but with the passage of time, the ACTUAL Rawalpindi would emerge in DHAs/ BTs and in the shopping plazas around the Islamabad highway, exactly parallel to the Murree road from all aspects.

Musafar Sahab

On the express way the cost runs in multi crores. Nothing less than 2.25 crores even at the sides.

If you are looking a faster return then, you can think BT phase 1-6 sub commercial plots.

A 20*30 in phase-3/4/5 would cost you 1.25-1.5 crores and you can have a very lucrative return from the basement, ground level shop and apartments above. That place is only 6 km away from Islamabad highway. Small flats investment is better than the big ones, both from rental and resale point of view.

Phase-8 is already having gas stations. Gas stations Halal income is very less unless you have supporting facilities like washing, oil change, etc

Bahria Phase 8.

Do not buy the shop. Many calculations can go wrong in starting a business. Rented premises in better as you have flexibility to correct mistakes, if any. Bigger baggage means you can't take quick decisions according to market dynamics.

Thanks Abdul Qayyum sahib!

How would you suggest I look for sub-commercial in phase 1 to 6 ... I mean can you name some commercials to make it easier for searching. I think you mean that the 600 sf commercial plot will be around 1.25 to 1.5 crore and further investment to construct will be needed, correct? What kind of rental value those places have currently, and how much can one construct on a plot of that size? Again your very valuable advice is always highly appreciated, may Allah reward you with khair

Musafar Sahab

It seems your question is towards me whereas you are addressing to Malik Sahab.

Mr. Malik is highly experienced and mine is nothing to Zameen experts.

But I will tell you my search when I was looking for the same:

The best place in 1-6 phases is the central business locality called civic center but there plots go > 5 crores.

The sub commercial phases, the small plot, I mentioned, you can have at least 3 floors but you need to be very careful here….some big dealers pay some extra fee to BT while buying lots and get exclusive written favor from BT to construct more floors.

Example: I bought a sub commercial (15*20’) in phase-8 Usman block at higher price than the prevailing market rates but I can build 3 floors while some others could do only 2 floors?

Now the returns:

I have 6 months old data with me…..You can do 3 floors. The basement, ground shop and an apartment above. The plot was at little more than 1 crore, another 50 lacs for the quality construction. The basement rent min 25,000, the ground min 50,000 and the apartment min 25000.

So in 1.5 investment, you can have at least 1 lac per month guaranteed Halal income. This might be little less but think you own the land and that is investment whereas, Allah Forbid, any earth quake will make you a “Ghakhar Plaza” type victim where people bought shops again in millions.

I do not want to be specific as you may think that I am dealer.. I am not, sir!

Thanks Abdul Qayyum sahib!

People like you and Malik sahib are the reason people like me come here to learn. I am not very knowledgeable but can usually tell who is a dealer, so please be as specific as you can, I don't see anything to worry. You can email it to me too if you prefer, at musafar456@hotmail.com

Can you please give me some specific info with names of the commercials etc so as to help me search more effectively. Please comment on different commercials if you can, my budget is along the same lines that you mentioned, ~1.3 crore which can stretch to 1.5 crore top. Getting 1 lac of rental income seems pretty good to me.

One other thing I want to ask, and that is about legal or litigation issues with tenants. Are these better and more transparent in Bahia? Thanks again and may Allah bless you with his special blessings, Amin!

Dear Izhar Ahmad,

According to your budget Bahria phase7,8 and other hand Dha phase2.

Regards

Nadeem bhai! comment on my questions too please, thanks

Musafar Sahab

Sorry for a late reply.

My 2 cents were from the BUSINESS point of view and that’s what I thought from your message.

I think Nadeem Sahab is suggesting you for the INVESTMENT, which is good upon what is now available.

Regarding the legalities of renters, the renter problems in BT and DHA are at minimum whereas in Islamabad, the small houses, they are much more visible. In Islamabad, the big houses are rented in Dollars and generally speaking no issues with the renters as usually they go to the NGOs and to the corporate executives.

Being specific, I have mentioned several here time, my own experience with the dealers.

Repetition makes the things cosmetic. I am having > 20 years business with mainly one office, the Chinar Property, and never lost even during the worst times. My very early own decisions put me in loss a couple of time in the past.

In BT and DHA, most of the dealing community is honest but you have to do the homework also prior to buying.

Rents are good in BT phase-7/8 but I would go for BT phase-4 civic center as I bought apartments there, still paying installments and got the good profit offers for the completed one.

If you are not for the apartment, then in the same location, as I said earlier, check in BT phase-3/4/5 for a small commercial and make a plaza for renting…..here for sure rents are on par with investment to return ratio.

To avoid the renter issues, I would reiterate that go only for BTs and DHAs.

If you can wait for some years then with this money buy 3 no of 15-20’ sub commercial in BT phase-8 valley. You can get a good location plot in 40-45 lacs in Usman/Abu Bakar etc. Alternately get 2 no of 20*30’ sub commercial in the same blocks. There would be fluctuations but within 5 year, you will get mouth watering returns from these plazas, In Shaa Allah

Of course Allah Knows and Decides the best for us.

Thanks brother Abdul Qayyum! Very helpful analysis. Reading your views, I feel that sub-sector commercials in Bahria Phase 1-6 is a better option. Could you name some commercials there and any comments you might have about individual commercials, so as I can search more effectively. What sort of a cost will it be to buy a 600 sf or 300 sf commercial plot there and then build it.

As a 2nd option, what do you think about buying a 600 sf plot in safari valley and building it. How much will this cost and can one get some rental income from it now, or it's not populated enough yet to get tenants and generate income.

Lastly, any option in populated or possession areas of DHA with a budget upto 20 million?

@ Abdul qayyum sb. Plz inbox your mob number. Want to get advice from you many thanks