Soan Garden... Future Prospects

I am interested in buying River Garden or CBR Town. Instead shall i go for Soan Garden. Prices appear to have rise alittle...

I am interested in C Block and H block and H ext...please advise me whether these are good blocks for construction on 5 or 7 mrla plot.

What are prices these days in soan garden

The price is going up monthly.

Now 10 marla plot in E block is around 4M, a rise of 1M in 6 month time.

@ Dr Musi What are the prices of good 30x60 and five Marla plots in soan.

Dear All AOA,

What is price of 30*60 single story house in soan

80 lak

Ive 30x50 doubble storey for 75 lacs

Whats the cheapest price of a possession plot in soan garden? In which block? It muat be sasta with qabza.

Has anyone been towards H Block EXT, it looks really bad! It appears to be flooded really bad and management are clueless! What will happen to the allotees?

Http://realestateislamabad.blogspot.com/

Soan garden is one the bigger societies along the highway on the Rawalpindi side of the road. The society enjoys some of the advantages when compared to others and also has a few drawbacks of its own. Below is a brief discussion about the society in general and block-H in particular.

Soan Garden covers a large area along the highway and sits adjacent to PWD towards the north end and River garden towards the south; Islamabad Expressway is towards the east and Agosh housing society, CBR Town and Accounts Group Officers housing society border west side of the society. Drive time from Faizabad is about 20 minutes for a distance of about 14 Kilometers.

Area and sectors

The society has several sectors named alphabetically, starting from A and ending at I. Most of the initial sectors are already extensively occupied and covered and now the construction activity is mainly concentrated in block-H and block-H extension. Limited number of plots are still available in initial sector but prices are steep.

Specific Sector of interest/Area visited

Sector H is at lower height and adjacent to River Garden Housing and the river. This sector has one of the highest construction activity at the moment as most of it is still unoccupied. Almost all sizes are available, starting from 5 marla and going upto 20 marla. In some of the streets big sizes have been split into small so in the same street you can expected 5 marla opposite to 20 marla.

Merits/amenities

Soan Garden has a general view of neutral to positive due to several merits that the place enjoys. The society one of the few to have direct access from highway which makes the approach easy. All the amenities to live a comfortable life are available; these include a big commercial area, availability of schools and basic health care. Not sure if there is any hospital in the society but good basic health facilities are available in private hospitals PWD, Bahria is also not that far.

Electricity wiring is underground and there is no eye soar in the form of cables mess. Most of the streets already have gas connection but some are still missing the line and one must discuss and ensure this aspect before buying. The whole area including other societies have water supply issues so a bore is a must in these localities. In some of the societies there is problem with finding water table below the ground and people have to go more depths or in rare cases bores are not very successful. Sector-H is low and close to river so has a better chance of getting adequate water even with a shallower bore.

Demerits

Streets are in poor condition in general but sector-H is particularly bad. One of the reasons is ongoing construction activity and since so much construction is still in progress so roads are under lot of pressure and decay. But this seems only a minor contributor the fact remains that the roads are poorly maintained and society needs to pay attention and as per the locals and property agents a new management has taken over after recent election and street improvement has already started in initial sectors and all the sectors are planned including sector-H and sector-H extension.

Law & Order

Dwellers of the society find the law and orders at a relatively good level; however there have been instances of thefts and robbers but this is applicable to all the places in the country in general. A few other cases of robbers and disputes over plots have also been reported and discussed but this again is possible anywhere and buyer has to be beware all the time and a good agent should be selected. Where possible, local contacts and acquaintances should also be involved during buying and selling.

Plot Prices

Prices vary with location and condition of the plot; in several sectors plots with depression or close to hazardous heights are available are low prices, a 3060 (almost 8 marla; depending upon which conversion is used, guide on marla conversion is available at the link http://realestateislamabad.blogspot.com/2016/01/kanal-marla-square-foot-and-square-yard.html) might cost you between 33 lacs to 40 lacs. Level plot at a decent location is going to cost more than this. Sector H 3060 is expected to be 35 lacs to 45 lacs and bigger size at good location could go upto 80 lacs.

Upcoming Projects In & Around the Area

Biggest upcoming project is the completion of planned signal free corridor that is being planned form Zero-point to Rawat. Work is ongoing and phase-I from Zero Point to Faizabad is complete already. The prices have already factored some of the expected gains however there is still some more to come in case the project gets completed in time. However, our history of delays in big project is phenomenal and very consistent so one has to be rational and skeptical and should not base a decision solely on the basis of this project. Metro took twice that expected time, Peshawer Mor interchange is already late by more than six months and end is still not in sight.

Conclusion

Overall a good place to buy for a middle class person and could also be beneficial and give a good return for a smallest investment and for people who cannot or do not want to CDA or Bahria. Builders are also active and people in construct and sell business are said to be making decent returns. As always, due diligence, good homework and selection of an agent and involvement of trusted local, where possible, are essentials in property buying and selling.

In Zone 5 after Bahria 1-6 and DHA-II best options are CBR Town and River Garden,both have under ground electrification. Comparatively more open spaces. Better management.

In future Gulberg will also be a decent place to live.

Mian Nadeem

Not recommended…frauds and poor management. Dealer mafia and management are running the business…

Can some body give estimate of current prices in h extension specially 10 marala level plots.

We have a whatsapp group of Jinnah garden. If anyone wants to be part of latest information about the society can message me or write his number here for inclusion in group.

I m new to this forum., i want to buy a house in A block of soan garden., can u people inform me about the water and gas situation particularly in A block. I need ur help on it.

Thank you for suggestion., i will visit and ask the residents for sure, anyother member have some idea about it.?

I am not sure but i think A block has severe shortage of water and boring is useless there…

Please any one can teel me that “Waht is the futrue of Soan Garden-ii” (near new air port and islamabad hosing soicity IChs town and state life society. Mày its price go up when air port is to be open in agust 2017.

Soan garden noc cancelled by cda

Sawan garden is the best place now a days comparitivly pwd police foundation roads are carpeted water issue is no more the goof thing is price is stable and affordabale