Update - Margalla Avenue Project

The firm of contractor for margalla avenue is refusing to submit bank guarantee to cda (as guarantee for project completion on time). The firm is 'rakhshan' owned by a ppp senator.

Here is the news item:

Http://tribune.Com.Pk/story/563336/margalla-avenue-project-contractor-refuses-to-submit-bank-guarantee/

Despite all problems, i am hopeful that the margalla avenue will be constructed soon or later due to its importance for the new sectors if cda intends to launch i.E. C series. Thanks

If cda sectors C-15 and C-16 are announced this year then I think the Margalla Avenue Project will start next year insha.Allah.

Sir do u think these sectors will be launched so early???I dont think so…

Published on July 20, 2013

When contacted CDA Spokesperson Asia Gull to seek the official version, she confirmed there is delay in the project due to some technical reasons and claimed, "The authority has completed 75 per cent project work, as a piece of six kilometres has been completed while the rest of three kilometres would be completed soon."

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/islamabad/20-Jul-2013/delaying-tactics-may-make-margalla-avenue-project-costlier

I visited the Margalla Avenue project site during the holidays. Took some snaps of the road and managed to speak to someone related to the project on site (ID withheld on his request). He told me that more than 60% of the Earth Works had been completed and the real issue now was funding by CDA. If CDA addresses the financial and administrative issues, technically, based on his experience, this road can be opened for traffic in 20 months max.

One more thing he told me was that this road also has a significance as second entry point for Islamabad from motorway, from the underconstruction interchange at sangjani. After the new airport is opened, the Kashmir Highway will often see VIP movements so the CDA needs a second entry point, becoz if the main interchange on GT Road is closed for any reason (protests, dharna etc.), traffic will have to be diverted to some other road and no existing road can take that much load.

From what I saw on the site myself, I think he sounds correct. But thats just my observation.

Thanks for sharing your observations. Could be very beneficial for the members. Regards

Margalla Avenue Delayed due to shortage of funds, today this also appeared in daily jang news

http://jang.com.pk/jang/aug2013-daily/13-08-2013/cities/islamabad/index.html

Syed Amjad bhai can you post the photos you took on facebook group page titled Multi Professional Cooperatice Housing Society (MPCHS). You can type the name in facebook search box and it will appear. People are discussing this project there.

I think prices of plots in societies in Zone 2 will be stable for some time as margalla avenue is delayed.

Http://pakobserver.net/201307/26/detailnews.asp?id=213736

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/islamabad/20-Jul-2013/delaying-tactics-may-make-margalla-avenue-project-costlier

Any update on the construction of Margalla Avenue ?

I have heard that some has been restarted but not sure.

I mean some ‘work’ has been restarted. Any updates?

Prices have jumped in sector b-17 all of a sudden. I wonder what’s going on. Any good news coming regarding margalla avenue?

Good news? Airport, Motorway, Somegovernment installation in the area, what else may be !!

Dear all at last it is pakistan the land of no trust, the land of criminals , the land of curruption , the land of all evils that could exists in this world.this could be our last conclussion noting else.

Dear Muhammad: Despite of all bad and evils in Pakistan, it is my country. I love my country. Most of us love Pakistan. Not everyone living in Pakistan is criminal, corrupt, evils. Please do not try to spread hatred.

Muhammad Zaman bhai its is not that bad.

I have met many good people in Pakistan, and there are many positive points in this country. This is why we are all investing here. Just read the history about where Pakistan was when we started in 1947. Yes we lost one arm, but still we have made good progress.

Some people come to power and speak as if they are God. This is our problem. Now is the chance to make a lesson in history. I hope we dont waste this chance and dont take pressure from outside. InshaAllah.

Good News For Zone 2 Investors

http://www.dawn.com/news/1084828/cda-to-change-margalla-avenue-extension-plan

Any updates on MA? Kia keechri pak rahi hai bhaio?