ABOUT JOHAR TOWN LAHORE
Johar Town is a well-known neighbourhood of Lahore, named after Mohammad Ali Jauhar, an eminent political figure in the struggle for Pakistan. Located on Canal Road, Johar Town comprises two phases and around 17 blocks (A to R). Phase 1 of the project is situated between College Road and Khayaban-e-Firdousi, while Phase 2 is located between Khayaban-e-Firdousi and Canal Bank Road.
The society is a real-life example of what an upscale housing community in Lahore should look like. Johar Town boasts the most affluent residential projects in the city approved by the Lahore Development Authority (LDA). Besides featuring a comprehensive range of modern residential properties, the town also lies in proximity to significant arteries such as Maulana Shaukat Ali Road, College Road, and Khayaban-e-Firdousi. As for keeping the traffic in and around the town moving, Canal Road and Raiwind Road open a significant lifeline.
Among the many benefits of living in Johar Town, the availability of posh malls, fitness studios, community parks, markets, and credible academic institutions rank at the top. Since the town is connected to Multan Road and Raiwind Road, residents have ready access to significant arteries in Lahore, guaranteeing a quick and hassle-free commute.
Other attractions of Johar Town include the many significant housing societies in the neighbourhood such as Faisal Town, Model Town, PCSIR Housing Scheme, and Township. Adding on, one unique factor that attracts people from all across the country is the large number of hostel facilities available for boys and girls.
AT A GLANCE
- Well-connected to significant arteries such as Canal Road and College Road
- Access to gas, electricity, and water
- An upscale and posh community
- Well-developed infrastructure
- Opulent malls in the neighbourhood
- Several famous educational institutions in the vicinity
- Proximity to Lahore Expo Centre
- Green belts and carpeted roads
- Community parks in almost every block
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in Johar Town Lahore
Home to a population of more than 11 million people, Lahore boasts an extensive public transport system to help people move. The transport system is powered by public buses, coaches, traditional rickshaws, railways stations, and rapid transit projects, making daily commutes convenient for residents.
Beginning with bus stops within the housing society and near it, most of these can be driven to in around 15 to 20 minutes. These include:
- Ali Town Bus Stop on Raiwind Road
- The bus stop in Phase 2, Johar Town
- H-Block Bus Stop in Phase 2, Johar Town
- Hanjarwaal Bus Stop, pinned on Multan Road
- Block J Bus Stop in Johar Town
- The bus stop sited near Mughal Eye Hospital
Moreover, residents of Johar Town are only 10 minutes’ drive away from Raiwind Road, and the closeness benefits them in terms of catching the B-50 bus. The bus starts from Lahore General Bus Stand and passes through Bhati Chowk, Civil Secretariat, Yateem Khana Chowk, and Niaz Beg, ending its route on Raiwind Road.
One of the most frequented terminals in Lahore is Thokar Bus Terminal, which can be reached in 11 minutes’ drive from Johar Town. Located in Irrigation Colony, the terminal boasts a fleet of Daewoo Buses, known to offer comfortable services for intra-city travels. Other than that, quite a few public buses also have a stop on Thokar Terminal, including:
- Pakor Express takes the B-2 route to go from Lahore General Bus Stand to Maraka
- The route for B-22 starts at Jallo Mor and ends at Thokar Niaz Beg
- B-23 starts at R.A Bazaar and ends at Thokar Terminal
- B-56 starts its journey from Thokar Niaz Beg and crosses all the major towns, ending its journey at Bhatti Chowk, Raiwind Road
Another busy bus terminal in Lahore is Jinnah Terminal, which stands at an approximate span of 6 km from Johar Town. Located in Gopi Rai, the terminal features a fleet of buses by Faisal Movers. The company boasts an experience of 19 years and serves more than 300,000 passengers monthly nationwide. As per the official website, “Faisal Movers has a track record of outstanding comfort, security, and responsibility”.
Moreover, the government of Punjab launched the popular Metrobus system in 2014 in Lahore. The system is modelled after the Turkish Metrobus System and comprises 27 stations. Also, the Metrobus of Lahore features a fleet of around 60 buses. The network follows a route that starts from Gajju Matah and ends at Shahdara. There are several feeder buses available all across the city to make it easier for passengers to reach Metrobus stations. One such feeder route is Stop No. 27, which is present on Link Road, around 8 km away from Johar Town. More Metrobus stations that are near the community include:
- Naseerabad Metrobus Station, located in Model Town, approximately 12 km away
- Kalma Chowk Metrobus Station, sited on Ferozepur Road, roughly 11 km away
- Canal Metrobus Station, spotted in Gulberg III, around 14 minutes’ drive away
- Ichra Metrobus Station, pinned on Ferozepur Road, almost 9 km away
The Metrobus stations are a little far for the residents of Johar Town; hence, feeder buses are used to make matters convenient. The closest feeder bus route is in Block G-4, which is an 8 minutes’ drive away for residents. The feeder bus starts from the Daewoo Terminal in Judicial Colony, travels via the Canal Road, and ends its route in Muslim Town.
Furthermore, another essential mode of transportation in Lahore is the Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT). Expected to launch on 23rd March 2020, OLMT is scheduled to serve around 250,000 passengers daily. This is the first-ever mass transit electric train to function in Pakistan with a maximum speed of 80 km per hour. Boasting 24 stations, OMLT features quite a few stations near Johar Town, such as Ali Town Station and Orange Line Thokar Station. Located on Raiwind Road, Ali Town Station is 9 minutes’ drive away while Thokar Station, situated on Multan Road, is around 5 km away.
Lahore Cantt Railway Station, located in Iqbal Colony, is reachable within a drive of 27 minutes. Travelling via train is a popular mode of travelling as it is comfortable as well as economical. Besides, Allama Iqbal International Airport is around 25 km away from Johar Town.
Finally, the residents of Johar Town can also avail traditional rickshaws and taxis as they have access to popular roads such as Raiwind Road and College Road. Along with that, app-based cab services are also accessible for the people living in Johar Town.
Markets in Johar Town Lahore
Johar Town is home to many commercial markets within the society, making it convenient for residents to shop comfortably for their everyday needs. You will find everything and anything in Johar Town from stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, and food kiosks to upscale fashion outlets.
To begin with, some locally popular superstores in the area are:
- Decent Departmental Store, situated on Main Boulevard of Block G, Johar Town, is reachable within a minutes’ walk. The store stocks everything from canned food items and fresh groceries to cosmetics, crockery, and household essentials.
- Ri Cash And Carry, situated in Block M, Johar Town, is reachable within a 6 minutes’ walk. The supermarket sells an array of products, including household essentials and daily staples.
- Raees Superstore, located in Phase 2, Johar Town, is reachable in a 2-minute drive. Boasting everyday staples such as grocery, food, and beverages, the store is quite popular in the neighbourhood.
- Number 1 Super Store & Bakers, situated in Block H, Johar Town, is at a 3-minute drive. You will find all kinds of spices at this general store.
- Romania Superstore, spotted on the corner of Farooq-e-Azam Street (Phase 1, Johar Town), is about 11 minutes’ drive away. Situated on the ground floor of a residential building, the store boasts several every-day-use items such as bread and eggs.
Moreover, some popular hypermarkets such as Al-Fatah, Metro, Euro Store, Carrefour, and Rainbow Cash & Carry and also operational nearby.
An outlet of Al-Fatah is in Johar Town (Phase 2), at a distance of around 3 km. Al-Fatah Supermarket is a popular name in Lahore. Shoppers prefer it since it boasts all kinds of products, from household essentials and everyday grocery products to cosmetics and clothes.
Metro Cash & Carry, situated on Multan Road, is reachable in a drive of 11 minutes. Metro Cash & Carry also offers an e-shopping option, which makes shopping hassle-free for customers. Freshly Store, a franchise by Metro Cash & Carry, is also located in Johar Town (pinned on Abdul Haque Road), 2 km away. As per the official website, Metro Cash & Carry covers a broad spectrum of products, including essential, offering all kinds of business and personal care products.
Then, Carrefour in Emporium Mall, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is roughly 1 km away from Johar Town. The hypermarket is one of the largest in Pakistan with everything under one roof, including fresh foods, groceries, cleaning products, cosmetics, clothes, and crockery.
Euro Store, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, will take 7 minutes to reach on foot. Featuring several outlets, Euro Store is quite popular in the city. The store comprises many sections for groceries, cosmetics, toys, bakery items, crockery, and sporting goods.
Next, Rainbow Cash & Carry, situated in Model Town, features quite a few outlets in Punjab. Reachable in a 13 minutes’ drive, the supermarket boasts an experience of more than 27 years. Rainbow Cash & Carry claims to provide everything under one roof, including grocery, fresh fruits & vegetables, crockery, and pharmacy.
Besides, Johar Town is home to several popular commercial markets, such as:
- Block G-1 Market is around 1 km away and is home to several eateries, a gym, a snooker club, Millat Digital Printing, and a famous book store (Qasim Old Book City). You will also find a popular shop for uniforms and jewellery (Mani Jewellery) in the G1 Market.
- Block F Market is roughly 2 km away from Johar Town. The market is home to a locally famous milk shop, quite a few general stores, a fitness centre, and an auto shop (Nisar Auto Point).
- The commercial market of H-3 features quite a few mobile franchises, car dealers, furniture showrooms, marts, and bakeries. Cigarro, located on the corner of the market, is a popular cigar shop in the area.
- The commercial area of Block R-3 is home to an array of hotels, inns, cottages, and hostels for boys and girls.
Further, Model Bazaar Mian Plaza, sited near Aleem Dar Cricket Academy, is at an estimated distance of 3 km. This is one of the largest and most famous markets for buying fresh fruits and vegetables. The plaza also hosts the well-known Sunday Bazaar of Johar Town, which features everything from pottery pieces, crockery, electronic appliances, and household essentials to fresh fruits and vegetables.
Zenith Fresh & Hygienic Meat, spotted in Block G, Johar Town, is quite famous for featuring packed meat for steaks, mutton, and fish. Residents of Johar Town can reach the shop in a 4-minute walk.
One of the unique attributes of Lahore is its street markets. Many of such establishments are present nearby, including:
- Liberty Market, pinned on Noor Jehan Road, is approachable within a drive of 8 minutes. The market features many traditional items for women, such as embroidered clothes, shimmery dupattas, jhumkas, and bangles. You can also buy many souvenirs representing Punjabi culture and classic street food at Liberty Market.
- Moon Market, located in Iqbal Town, stands at an approximate distance of 9 km from Johar Town.
- Ichra Bazaar, spotted in Ichra Society, is a little far from Johar Town (around 11 km away) but highly frequented for economical shopping. The bazaar features one of the biggest cloth markets in Lahore.
- MM Alam Road, situated in Gulberg III, will take a 17-minute drive to reach. The road is home to a plethora of popular shopping brands for clothes, footwear, cosmetics, and accessories.
Mosques in Johar Town Lahore
Almost every block of Johar Town boasts a spacious mosque at a walking distance for residents.
To quote a few examples, Jamia Masjid Gulab Shah Wali and Jamia Masjid (Hanfi Brailvi) are located side by side at the end of Block G-1. It will only take a 9-minute walk for residents of Block G-1 to reach the mosque. Jamia Masjid Gulab Shah Wali boasts grand architecture, a well-carpeted interior, and a beautiful lawn in front of it. As for Hanfi Brailvi Mosque, it features beautiful architecture with calligraphy on the interior and exterior walls.
Jamia Minhaj-Ul-Hussain Masjid, situated in Block H-3, is approachable within a 2-minute drive from Block H. The mosque features a beautiful exterior of blue calligraphy, yellow minarets and domes, a proper ablution area, and well-kept interior space.
Another big name in Johar Town (Phase 1) is the E1 Society Masjid, which is at an estimated interval of 7 km. The grand mosque boasts a green dome, beautiful calligraphy on the exterior, and vast space for Friday prayers.
Some other names in Johar Town include:
- Jamia Masjid Ali, located in Block P, is at an estimated interval of 3 km. Nestled away from the busy road, the mosque is small but quite peaceful.
- Masjid Madina, spotted in Block M, is around 1 km away. Featuring a rectangular structure with no domes or minarets, the mosque is unique in its architecture.
- F-Block Usman Mosque is roughly 2 km away and features a madrassah.
- Jamia Masjid Ismail, pinned on College Road, is roughly 2 km away from Block B. Due to its modern facilities, the mosque is highly visited during Ramadan.
Moreover, there are also quite a few churches located in Johar Town, such as Jesus, The Savior Church. Spotted in Block J, the church is reachable within a drive of 5 minutes. Other popular names include:
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church, located near Thokar Niaz Beg, will take a 19 minutes' drive to reach from Johar Town
- St. John's Church, situated in Liaquatabad, is roughly 10 km away.
- St. Mary’s Church, spotted in Block A, Punjab University Employees Chs, will take a 17 minutes’ drive to reach.
Schools, Colleges and Universities in Johar Town Lahore
Residents of Johar Town are fortunate to have access to some of the highly accredited educational institutions of the city. Some of the best O’ levels schools in Lahore are present near Johar Town, such as the Beaconhouse School System, Lahore Grammar School, The City School, International School of Choueifat, Lahore American School, SICAS, and Lahore College of Arts and Sciences (LACAS).
The Beaconhouse School System features the largest network of schools in the country; hence, you will find many campuses in Lahore. Bock F, Johar Town, boasts the nearest campus, which is at a drive of 9 minutes. The Beaconhouse School System focuses not only on academic growth but also helps in nourishing the personal development of a child. As per the official website, “The Beaconhouse curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the 21st century”.
Boasting academic classes from preschool to O’ levels, Lahore Grammar School (LGS) is the most prestigious school in Lahore. LGS has made a name for itself by providing top-quality co-curricular and extracurricular activities, along with international exposure, the best campuses, and a holistic approach to education. You will find many campuses in the city, including:
- LGS Preschool, situated in Phase 1, Johar Town, is around 2 km away.
- Lahore Grammar School for Senior Boys will take an 8-minute drive to reach. Affiliated with Cambridge International Assessment Examinations (CIAE), the school prepares students for O’ level examinations.
- Lahore Grammar School for Girls, situated in Block D, Johar Town, is at an estimated interval of 3 km. The school offers education from grade 6 to grade 8.
You will find the famous Ravi Campus of The City School in Phase 2, Johar Town, at a distance of around 1 km from the community. The school provides more than 120 courses, including arts, music, science, mathematics, and English. The City School is known to provide quality education from pre-school to A’ levels, and Ravi Campus is one of the biggest campuses of the school.
International School of Choueifat (ISC), pinned on Abdul Haque Road, will take a 3-minute drive to reach from Johar Town. Prospective students will be glad to know that the International School of Choueifat offers SABIS education from KG 1 to grade 13. According to the official website, "ISC-Lahore offers students a high-quality, well-rounded education, allows them to learn foreign languages, and effectively prepares them for future success".
Lahore American School (LAS), located on Canal Road, is a little far (21 minutes' drive) from Johar Town but is one of the most well-known names in the city. The school claims to provide excellence in education while following a US-based educational system from preschool to grade 12. LAS features the best on-campus facilities such as fully equipped computer and science labs, a health clinic, a soccer field, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, an auditorium, and a modern cafeteria.
SICAS, situated in Block R, Johar Town, stands at an approximate span of 2 km. The school claims to be the oldest and the most prestigious network in Lahore. As per the official website, the school provides quality education from pre-school to A’ levels while emphasising on societies, clubs, and extracurricular activities.
If you are interested in doing A’ levels in Arts, then an eminent name in the city is Lahore College of Arts and Science (LACAS). Located in Block F, Johar Town, LACAS will only take a 9-minute drive to reach. Lahore College of Arts offers admissions from primary level to A’ levels while providing several scholarships and grants.
Moreover, few public schools are also comfortably accessible for residents of Johar Town, such as:
- Laurelbank Public School, located in Al-Hamra Town, can be reached in a 15 minutes’ drive. The school uses the Smart Education (computer-based) system to prepare students for CAIE and Matric-level examinations.
- Divisional Public School (DPS), situated in Township, is around 16 minutes’ drive away. DPS claims to be one of the top schools for providing matriculation and Cambridge O-levels education.
- Hamdard Public School, spotted in Model Town, will take an 18 minutes’ drive to reach. As per the official Facebook page, “Hamdard Public School is a reputed organization offering its services successfully in both Matric and O level”.
- Aligarh Public School, sited in Gulberg III, is at a drive of 16 minutes. The school comprises separate wings for kindergarten level, junior level, and senior level.
- Army Public School (APS), pinned on Abid Majeed Road, is reachable within a drive of 20 minutes. Offering intermediate as well as Cambridge level education, APS boasts an array of campuses in the city.
Moving on to colleges, you will find the best intermediate colleges in the neighbourhood of Johar Town, such as Punjab Group of Colleges, Forman Christian College, KIPS College, Aitchison College, and Superior Group of Colleges.
Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC) is a leading network of colleges in Punjab boasting an array of campuses in the city. The nearest campus is roughly 3 km away in Abdalian Housing Society. Boasting more than 490,000 students nationwide, PGC claims to provide top-quality education from playgroup to Ph.D. For intermediate at Punjab Group of Colleges, students have few subject choices, including science, commerce, and arts.
Forman Christian College spotted in Gulberg III is at an estimated interval of 10 km from Johar Town. The college offers intermediate degrees in a diverse range of disciplines, including education, philosophy, social sciences, natural sciences, and mathematical sciences. Prospective students would be glad to know that Forman Christian College boasts quite a few options for scholarships and financial aid.
KIPS Colleges, located in Phase 1 of Johar Town, is roughly 4 km away. You will find several academic degrees programmes at KIPS, such as pre-medical, pre-engineering, intermediate in commerce (I.Com), and intermediate in computer science (I.C.S). As per the official website, "KIPS College strives to create the best student-centric environment and provides quality education".
Aitchison College, pinned on Mall Road, is reachable within a drive of 21 minutes. Aitchison College boasts separate campuses for boys and girls, who go on to gain admissions in some of the top universities in the world (as per the official website). The college provides several facilities for students, along with well-stocked libraries, fully equipped laboratories, an amphitheatre, several canteens, and a squash complex.
Boasting many campuses in Lahore, the nearest campus of Superior Group of Colleges is at a 13-minute drive from Johar Town. Pinned on Multan Road, the college offers several choices for an intermediate degree such as FSC in medical, engineering, and commerce.
You will find quite a few top colleges and universities for women in Lahore, such as:
- Kinnaird College for Women University, located on Jail Road, will take a 17 minutes’ drive to reach. The college boasts an array of academic programmes for intermediate, undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels.
- Queen Mary College, situated on Durand Road, is around 14 km away. The college provides hotel facilities as well as transport facilities for those who might live far from the college. Queen Mary College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in psychology, statistics, mathematics, and English Language.
- Government Degree College for Women, spotted in WAPDA Town, is around 10 minutes’ drive away. The college offers quite a few undergraduate degree programmes in science, arts, and commerce.
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU), pinned on Jail Road, is at a drive of 21 minutes from Johar Town. The college features a teaching faculty of more than 500 members for Science & Technology, Management, Social Sciences, and Islamic Learning.
As for universities, residents of Johar Town will find many options in the neighbourhood for business management, engineering, humanities, and medicine.
To begin, Lahore boasts several famous universities for business management such as the Lahore University of Management Science (LUMS), the Lahore School of Economics (LSE), the University of Central Punjab, and the University of Lahore.
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), located in Phase 5, DHA, stands at an estimated interval of 18 km. LUMS offers hostel facilities for those who live far from the campus. The university boasts many academic programmes such as bachelors in Sociology, Accounting & Finance and Engineering, Masters in Education, and Ph.D. in engineering.
Lahore School of Economics (LSE), situated in Gulberg III, is at a distance of 10 km from Johar Town. As per the official website of LSE, "With 135 full-time faculty and 2700 graduate and undergraduate students, it is a leading academic institution of Pakistan".
The University of Central Punjab (UCP), stands at an approximate span of 5 km from Johar Town. Pinned on Mansur Road, the university features several fee waiver programmes, including scholarships, financial aid, and discounts. UCP offers many academic programmes for students, such as undergraduate in computer science and electrical engineering, postgraduate in computer science, and doctoral degrees in business administration.
The University of Lahore (UOL), located on Raiwind Road, is around 4 km away. The university features 2,000+ faculty members, 200+ degree programmes, 11 departments, and 3,500+ courses. As per the official website, “The quality of the teaching facility and research excellence has also earned its international recognition”.
Moreover, Lahore is home to several eminent engineering universities such as:
- University of Management and Technology (UMT), spotted in Phase 1, Johar Town, is at an estimated interval of 4 km. UMT boasts more than 125 degree programmes in a large variety of disciplines.
- FAST NUCES, spotted in Faisal Town, will take an 11-minute drive to reach. The university offers several scholarships and financial assistance programmes for students. Other than engineering, you will find many academic programmes at FAST, including business management and humanities.
- The University of Engineering & Technology (UET), located in Model Town, is roughly 6 km away. UET is one of the top government universities with 27 undergraduate programmes and 67 graduate and postgraduate programmes.
Furthermore, there are several universities in Lahore that offer hostel facilities for students. Some of the famous names near Johar Town include the Beaconhouse National University (BNU) and COMSATS University, which are roughly 4 km to 12 km away. BNU, pinned on Raiwind Road, features several undergraduate and graduate programmes in arts, design, architecture, business studies, and psychology. On the other hand, COMSATS University, located on Defence Road, is one of the highly ranked universities for Computer Science and IT.
Finally, there are quite a few top-ranked medical universities in Lahore, including the University of Health Sciences (UHS). Located in Muslim Town, the university will take a 12 minutes’ drive to reach from Johar Town. As per the HEC rankings, the University of Health Sciences is a highly acclaimed institution for medicine. The university offers specialised undergraduate and graduate programmes in medical, dental, and nursing.
Banks in Johar Town Lahore
One advantage of living in Johar Town is the presence of a plethora of banking services in the housing society.
For instance, the banks at a walking distance include:
- Askari Bank, located in Phase 2, at a 2-minute walking distance.
- Dubai Islamic Bank, situated on Abdul Haque Road, will only take a minutes’ walk to reach.
- Bank Islami Pakistan Limited, situated in Phase 2, reachable in 3 minutes’ walk.
- Silk Bank will take 3 minutes to reach on foot.
- National Bank of Pakistan, pinned on Main Boulevard, is a 7-minute walk away.
As for the nearest ATM services, you can visit Apna Bank ATM, Dubai Islamic Bank ATM, and Askari Bank ATM, which are 1 to 2 minutes’ walking distance away.
Clinics and Hospitals in Johar Town Lahore
Living in a well-developed society like Johar Town, residents have ready access to the most renowned general hospitals, skincare specialists, dental clinics, eye care hospitals, and rehabilitation centres.
Beginning with general hospitals, you will find several famous names in proximity, such as Doctors Hospital & Medical Care, Shaukat Khanum Hospital, and Zhongba Hospital.
Doctors Hospital & Medical Centre, located on Canal Bank Road, is around 2 km away. The hospital features 250 beds, a cancer centre, pharmacy, dentistry, emergency care, and various surgical services.
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, pinned on Khayaban-e-Firdousi Road, is around 3 km away. The hospital claims to boast a state-of-the-art cancer centre that offers diagnostic, clinical, and out-patient services.
Zhongba Hospital, situated on Main Boulevard, Johar Town, is roughly 1 km away. The hospital uses traditional Chinese treatments for gynaecology, infectious diseases, and physiotherapy-related problems. According to the official website, Zhongba Hospital boasts doctors who were trained in China.
Other general hospitals in the area are:
- Muhammad Hospital, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is reachable in 5 minutes’ walk.
- Life Line Hospital, situated near Khokhar Chowk, is a 2-minute walk away.
- Asaaf Hospital, located in Block E, Johar Town, is roughly 2 km away.
- Horizon Hospital, situated in Block D, Johar Town, is at an estimated interval of 3 km.
- Saadan Hospital spotted in Phase 1, Johar Town, is approximately 4 km away.
Moving on, Pets Care Hospital, located in Phase 2, Johar Town, is the most reputed veterinary clinic in the neighbourhood. Around 2 km away, the hospital boasts services for daily care, grooming, and boarding services.
Next, for skin specialists, you can visit the following:
- Dr Farrukh Skin and Medical Clinic, located in Phase 2, Johar Town, is reachable within a drive of 4 minutes.
- Cosmetique is a 4-minute walk away. The clinic claims to provide word-class facilities with the most qualified dermatologists in the country. Cosmetique offers services for skin, hair, laser, and plastic surgeries.
- Jahangir Skin Clinic, situated in Block A, Faisal Town, is around 5 km away.
Moving on, there are several options for dental care in the vicinity of Johar Town, such as OdontoCare and Perfect Teeth. Located in Phase 2 of Johar Town, the clinics are approachable within a drive of 4 to 5 minutes. OdontoCare provides several dental services such as braces, dental implants, teeth whitening, teeth cleaning, and root canal treatments. As for Perfect Teeth, the clinic claims to boast UK-qualified dentists.
For eye care, one famous name in Johar Town is Mughal Eye Hospital. Located in Phase 2, Johar Town, the hospital is around 3 km away. Mughal Eye Hospital claims, “Our hospitals and staff are highly recognised for their skills and their dedication to delivering best-in-class eye treatment and care”.
Pinned on Multan Road, The Layton Rahmatulla Benevolent Trust (LRBT) Eye Hospital is another eminent hospital for eye care. Fortunately, residents of Johar Town can reach the hospital in only 11 minutes’ drive. As per the official website, LRBT is a purpose-built and well-equipped hospital for providing comprehensive eye care to its patients.
Other eye specialists nearby are:
- Eyecon Eye Clinic, situated in Block L, is reachable within a minutes’ walk.
- Hafeez Eye Centre, situated in Block J, is around 2 km away.
- Alnoor Eye Centre, located in Block B, PCSIR Employees Society, is at a drive of 8 minutes.
Finally, there are quite a few rehabilitation centres functional in Johar Town. These include Rehab Care in Block Q. The centre features a school for special children and a polyclinic. At an estimated interval of 2 km, the centre is home to state-of-the-art facilities such as nutrition therapy, physiotherapists, speech-language pathologists, and a home care department. As per the official website of Rehab Care, “Experts attached with us are highly profiled and experienced”.
Fountain House, located in Islampura, is the biggest and most famous rehabilitation centre in Lahore. Situated at a distance of 16 km, the centre is a bit far from Johar Town but offers boarding services for most patients. Fountain House provides treatments for several psychological illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar, and depression.
PROPERTIES IN JOHAR TOWN LAHORE
Sale Price Trends in Johar Town Lahore
Johar Town is one of the top five societies in Lahore to buy property, as per the trends of 2020. Discussed below is detailed information about the sales price trends in Johar Town, keeping in mind that the prices are subject to change with time and economic conditions.
Houses for Sale in Johar Town Lahore
The sale price of houses in Johar Town is comparatively higher since it is a posh locality. For example, 5 marla houses for sale in Johar Town can fall in the price range of about PKR 95 lakh to PKR 1.8 crore. The houses feature double-glazed windows, five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a drawing-room, a dining room, two kitchens, and parking space for one vehicle.
For more stylish and lavish houses, you can buy a 10 marla house for sale in Johar Town. Costing between PKR 1.1 crore and PKR 4.25 crore, such houses usually feature four bedrooms, six bathrooms, two kitchens, a drawing room, dining room, servant quarters, and parking space for two vehicles.
Finally, 1 kanal houses in Johar Town boast the lowest price of PKR 3.25 crore and the highest price of PKR 10 crore. The houses are more luxurious with a higher number of bedrooms, storerooms, and parking spaces.
Plots for Sale in Johar Town Lahore
Johar Town, Lahore, being an upscale community, features many plots up for sale. For instance, you will find 5 marla plots in Johar Town, costing between PKR 55 lakh to PKR 1.4 crore. On the other hand, a 10 marla plot for sale in Johar Town falls in the price range of PKR 90 lakh to PKR 2.3 crore. Similarly, the sale price for plots of 1 kanal varies between PKR 2 crore and PKR 18 crore. To get a better understanding of the available plots, you can have a look at the Plot Finder tool for Johar Town, Lahore.
Flats for Sale in Johar Town Lahore
You have many options available for flats for sale in Johar Town. The price of units depends on the number of rooms and the area of a unit. For instance, the selling price of the 1-bedroom apartment starts at PKR 22 lakh and goes up to PKR 50 lakh. The flat features an attached bathroom, a kitchen, and a drawing-room.
As for 2-bed apartments, they boast similar features to 1-bedroom flats while boasting a price range of PKR 23 lakh to PKR 65 lakh. Moreover, 3-bedroom flats can be bought for PKR 45 lakh to PKR 75 lakh.
Rent Price Trends in Johar Town Lahore
Many students travel from all over Pakistan to Lahore in search of jobs or higher education, which is why Johar Town is a highly demanded society for rental properties.
Houses for Rent in Johar Town Lahore
The rental price trend in Johar Town for a 5 marla houses starts from a low of PKR 25 thousand per month and goes as high as PKR 60 thousand per month. The houses boast six bedrooms with attached washrooms, two equipped kitchens, a drawing-room, a balcony, and a spacious storeroom.
As for 10 marla houses available in Johar Town, they can cost anywhere between PKR 75 thousand per month to PKR 1 lakh per month. The houses typically have seven bedrooms, attached washrooms, one kitchen, two floors, five parking spaces, a storeroom, and servant quarters.
Finally, 1 kanal houses in Johar Town are on the market for a price range of 95 thousand per month to PKR 3.5 lakh per month. The houses offer many posh facilities such as five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, servant quarters, two kitchens, a drawing-room, and a dining room.
Flats for Rent in Johar Town Lahore
Several flats are available for rent in Johar Town with varying features and prices. To begin with, the monthly rent of 1-bedroom apartments ranges between PKR 18 thousand to PKR 25 thousand. The apartments feature double-glazed windows, a central heating system, individual parking spaces, and a lobby in the building.
Moreover, 2-bedroom flats can cost a sum of PKR 12 thousand per month to PKR 32 thousand per month in rent. The bedrooms feature attached washrooms, one kitchen, one lounge, a drawing-room, and a private parking space in the apartment.
Adding on, 3-bedroom flats boast a monthly rent of PKR 28 thousand to PKR 40 thousand. The flats feature an ideal location with several commercial properties in the area and easy access to Expo Centre and Emporium Mall.
Finally, 4-bedrooms flats have a high demand due to their nearness to famous universities such as the University of Management and Technology (UMT). These flats are ideal for student accommodation with many amenities available, including well-furnished rooms, attached washrooms, separate kitchens, carpeted floors, and a TV lounge. These 4-bedroom flats can be rented for a monthly rent of PKR 30 thousand to PKR 45 thousand.
There are several commercial properties available for sale in Johar Town of various sizes and prices. For instance, 5 marla properties available for purchase in Johar Town range between PKR 2 crore to PKR 4.5 crore, while 10 marla properties can cost PKR 6 crore to PKR 10 crore. As for 1 kanal commercial properties, you will find them available for the lowest price of PKR 12 crore and the highest price of PKR 16 crore.
Moving on, there are also quite a few commercial properties available for rent in Johar Town. Prospective renters will be glad to know that 5 marla properties cost be rented for PKR 22 thousand per month to PKR 95 thousand per month. As for 10 marla commercial properties in Johar Town, they can be rented for a minimum of PKR 60 thousand per month and the maximum of PKR 6 lakh per month. If you are looking for a bigger space with more amenities, then quite a few 1 kanal properties are on the market for a monthly rent of PKR 80 thousand to PKR 11 lakh per month.
Most Popular Areas in Johar Town Lahore
Divided into two subdivisions, Johar Town features Phase I and Phase II, and both phases are home to commercial and residential properties. However, Phase 2 is a little more popular than Phase 1, according to the buying trends of Johar Town, Lahore.
Same is the case for rental trends of Johar Town as Phase 2 is more prevalent amongst renters.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS AND BAKERIES
Malls in Johar Town Lahore
A posh locality like Johar Town does not rank low when it comes to boasting nearness to malls. For instance, Emporium Mall, located on Abdul Haque Road, is at a 2-minute drive from Johar Town. A project by the Nishat Group, the mall features a grand structure with a plethora of outlets. You will find more than 300 outlets of famous brands of clothes, shoes, accessories, and cosmetics such as Khaadi, Mango, and Nike. As for food, Emporium Mall is home to around 100 outlets that include top-notch restaurants and cafés. Other than that, the mall hosts several entertainment facilities, including a few aquariums, martial arts classes, a cinema, a bouncing castle, an ice rink, and a fun factory park.
Amanah Mall, situated on Model Town Link Road, is around 6 km away. The mall is home to a grand food court, a top-notch cinema, roller skating, bumper cars, trampoline park, and a soft play area. As per the official website, "Amanah Mall is the one-stop shopping attraction for the latest in clothing, accessories, grocery, dining, and fitness".
Pace Shopping Centre, sited in Block P, Model Town, stands at an approximated distance of 6 km. The shopping centre is small but houses quite a few popular brands, including Nike.
Sultan Shopping Mall, spotted in Muhammadpura, is home to several national brands of clothes, footwear, and accessories. It will only take a 14 minutes’ drive to reach the mall from Johar Town.
Usman Plaza, located on Abdul Haque Road, will take a 9 minutes’ drive to reach. The plaza features several popular shopping brands such as Edenrobe and Asian Craft. You will also find a designated section for children at Usman Plaza, which features everything from clothes, shoes, and accessories to toys.
Near Service Road of Abdul Haque Road, Block L boasts several popular shopping brands such as a big outlet of Bata. Along with that, you will find a small mall that features Minnie Minors, Bareeze, and Home Expressions.
Restaurants AND Bakeries in Johar Town Lahore
Living in a high-end society such as Johar Town means that residents will enjoy convenient access to the best restaurants and cafes in Lahore. Known as the land of food lovers, Lahore has an answer to every cuisine-based question.
Focusing on only Johar Town, you will find a plethora of eateries in almost every block of the housing society, but the most famous blocks in the housing society are Block G-1, Block F, Block D, and Block R.
To begin with, Block G-1 Market is home to several big names, such as:
- Forks N Knives Pizza Kitchen, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is roughly 2 km away. The restaurant features a grand building with a posh interior and a comfortable ambience.
- Chhintalia, located opposite Doctor's Hospital, is one of the best Chinese places in the area. Residents of Johar Town will need a 5-minute drive to reach it.
- Karachi Silver Spoon features an outdoor space at a 6-minute drive from the location. You will find all kinds of traditional food at the restaurant, including spicy shawarmas, freshly cooked naans, and delicious rolls.
- Rajasthani BBQ is a family restaurant with a delicious Continental menu of chicken karahi, jalfrezi, handi, and kababs. The restaurant is at an estimated distance of 2 km.
Moving on, Block F boasts quite a few popular eateries in Lahore, including:
- Jumbo Jutt is around 2 km away with its fancy outdoor seating area. Along with a comfortable ambience, the restaurant offers a delicious menu of pasta, pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches.
- Chai Studio features a traditional setting of Punjabi artwork with a game of ludo available for diners. At an estimated interval of 3 km, the studio serves the best matki chai, along with freshly cooked parathas.
- What a Paratha serves the most delicious pizza naans, Nutella naans, and barbeque naans. It will take a 7-minute drive from Johar Town to reach the eatery.
- Chaaye Waala will only take a 6 minutes’ drive to reach. The eatery features a beautifully decorated indoor and outdoor setting that resembles a traditional dhaba. Along with regular tea, you will also get delicious gulab jamun, snacks, and sandwiches at Chaaye Waala.
Furthermore, you will find an array of eateries in a row in the commercial area of Block D-2, featuring everything from local cuisines and fancy burger joints to famous tea cafes. Some must-visit names in the area are Daily Deli Co, Bhooka Brigade, Ze Grill , Johnny & Jugnu, and Houlihen’s- Pizza Wraps and Burgers. It will only take a 9-minute drive to reach all these restaurants.
As for Block R, some of the most favourite eateries in the locality are:
- Bayzel-The Restaurant, located near Shaukat Khanum Road, is roughly 4 km away. The restaurant is one of the best fine dining places in the area with a delicious menu for hi-tea and dinner.
- Burger Maestru features big, juicy, and perfectly cooked burgers with several tasty options for sidelines and desserts. You can reach the restaurant in a 7 minutes' drive.
- Yasir Broast is around 4 km away and boasts a delectable menu of desi cuisine.
For some people, the setting of a place or the cuisine matters more; hence, they are more likely to be looking for work-friendly cafes, restaurants with live music, fast food joints, Chinese restaurants, Japanese restaurants, or barbeque restaurants.
For instance, for work-friendly cafes in Lahore, you will find Second Cup (Block R, Johar Town), which is approachable within a drive of 5 minutes. Not only does Second Cup boast a comfortable space to work, but it also offers a large variety of coffee flavours. You can also try Coffee Planet, which is roughly 1 km away in Emporium Mall. Boasting many branches in Lahore, Coffee Planet offers free internet services along with delicious sandwiches, and a hot cup of coffee.
Next, if you love eating at one of the famous fast-food chains, then you can visit the following places:
- McDonald's, located on Al-Hussain Road, can be reached in 6 minutes’ drive.
- KFC, situated in Emporium Mall, is at a 2-minute drive.
- Subway, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is at a 5 minutes’ walk from the location.
- Pizza Hut, spotted in Block N, Johar Town, is around 2 km away.
- OPTP in Block M, Johar Town, is at 2 minutes’ walking distance.
For a more pleasant environment, you can always eat at the top-notch live music restaurants in Lahore. The best option for that is Monal Restaurant, which is present near Liberty Market. The restaurant stands at an estimated span of 9 km from Johar Town and affords diners a beautiful view of Lahore’s skyline. You will find a well-decorated setting at the rooftop, soft music in the background, and the most delicious menu of soups, prawns, handi, and kababs.
Furthermore, many popular burger places in Lahore, such as Burger King, are situated nearby. Spotted on Abdul Haque Road, the burger joint is approachable in 9 minutes’ walk. Another option is Daily Deli Co, located in Block D, Johar Town (8 minutes’ drive away). Daily Deli Co serves delicious juicy burgers with well-cooked patties and mozzarella cheese.
Not to forget, several renowned Chinese restaurants in Lahore are located close to Johar Town, such as The Rice Bowl, which is reachable within a 3-minute drive. Located on Abdul Haque Road, the restaurant serves individual portions in bowls for dishes such as Chowmein. The Wok Restaurant in Emporium Mall is another famous Chinese eatery in the area. Reachable in a 4-minute drive, the restaurant features several appetising dishes such as Kung Pao Chicken.
Moreover, you will also find the best restaurants for serving Japanese cuisine in Lahore. Bamboo Union and Asian Aroma are two popular names, which will only take 16 to 17 minutes’ drive to reach from Johar Town. Located in Gulberg III, Bamboo Union features a beautiful, well-lit place while serving an array of Japanese dishes. As for Asian Aroma, you will find it on MM Alam Road with the finest and most authentic Japanese dishes in Lahore.
Finally, a select favourite weekend destination for many Pakistani families is the barbeque eateries in Lahore. Emporium Mall features the famous Bar.B.Q Tonight Restaurant, which is reachable within a 1-minute drive. You will be able to find all kinds of delicious desi dishes at Bar.B.Q Tonight, such as karahi, handi, steaks, and kababs.
Other than the many restaurants, Johar Town is also home to an array of famous bakeries, including:
- Bread & Beyond, located on Main Boulevard (Phase 2, Johar Town), is 2 minutes’ walk away. Inspired by French baking techniques, the bakery serves delicious sandwiches, pizza, wraps, lasagna, and a variety of traditional sweets.
- Gourmet Bakers & Sweets, situated on Khayaban-e-Firdousi Road, will take around 8 minutes’ drive to reach. As per the official website, “Gourmet has believed in providing high quality, hygienic food at affordable prices”.
- Bundu Khan Sweets & Bakers, spotted in Block G, Johar Town, can be accessed in 4 minutes’ drive. The bakery boasts some unique traditional sweets such as Rainbow Qalaqand, Special Chum Chum, and Anjeer Dry-fruit Roll.
- Mini Treats, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, can be walked to in 8 minutes. Mini Treats is the best place to visit for cakes, brownies, and pastries.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres in Johar Town Lahore
Residents of Johar Town are at a great advantage to have some of the best fitness centres situated within the community’s boundaries.
To begin with, many traditional gyms present near Johar Town are:
- Muscles Mechanics, located in Phase 2, Johar Town, is at a 2-minute drive. The gym has a high rating on Google, and reviewers have claimed that the gym has great trainers.
- Synergy Fitness Gym, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, will take a 4-minute drive to reach. The gym features a clean environment, well-maintained equipment, and cooperative staff.
- Oxygen Fitness, situated in Block H, Johar Town, can be reached in 3 minutes’ drive. Oxygen Fitness features professional trainers at the gym and charges an economical monthly fee from members.
- Physiques Fitness Gym, pinned on Expo Centre Road, is around 1 km away. You will find several facilities at the gym, including daily cardio classes.
For posher and high-class fitness centres, you can visit Structure Health & Fitness and Shapes Health Studio.
Structure Health & Fitness is a highly popular name in Lahore, at a distance of around 1 km from Johar Town. Located opposite Emporium Mall, the fitness centre features world-class equipment, a swimming pool, boot camps, and intense workout classes. The opening hours for Structure Health & Fitness are 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturdays, and 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Sundays.
Another highly visited fitness centre in the area is Shapes Health Studio, which will only take a 2-minute to reach. Located on Abdul Haque Road, the centre features an array of exercise classes such as aerobics, Zumba, kickboxing, and core yoga. You will find the health studio open Monday to Saturday from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM.
Moving on, Lahore is also home to many sports facilities such as the best stadiums, sports complexes, and academies for cricket, football, hockey, and swimming.
LDA Sports Complex spotted in Phase 1, Johar Town is about 7 minutes’ drive away. The complex provides several facilities such as a swimming pool, tennis lawns, badminton court, snooker tables, basketball court, and a gym.
Maulana Johar Ali Sports Complex spotted in Block D, Johar Town, is at an estimated interval of 3 km. Dedicated to table tennis, the complex hosts national matches and boasts professional trainers for beginners.
Gaddafi Stadium is one of the top ten cricket stadiums in Pakistan. Located on Hafeez Kardar Road, the stadium is around 12 km away from Johar Town. The stadium is hosting quite a few matches of PSL 2020. Gaddafi Stadium features a capacity of approximately 27,000 cricket fans while boasting a history of 61 years.
Another famous stadium is the hockey stadium in Phase 1, Johar Town. About 6 minutes’ drive away, the stadium features state-of-the-art facilities. The hockey stadium can comfortably accommodate around 1,500 people and features a synthetic green turf and floodlights.
Speaking of sports academies, several cricket academies are easily reachable from Johar Town, including:
- Aleem Dar Cricket Academy (ADCA), located in Phase 2, Johar Town, is 9 minutes’ drive away. Named after one of the best cricket umpires, the academy boasts professional coaches to train players. You will find many facilities at ADCA, such as a gymnasium, a well-kept cricket ground, floodlights, jogging tracks, and basketball courts.
- Punjab Women Cricket Academy, situated in Block R, Model Town, is roughly 8 km away. The best coaches and cricket facilities are provided to players here.
- New Ittefaq Cricket Club & Academy, pinned on Abdul Hassan Isfahani Road, will take a 14 minutes’ drive to reach. The academy provides the necessary facilities for training potential cricketers.
- Pak Lions International Cricket Academy, spotted in Garden Town, can be driven to in 16 minutes. Pak Lions International Cricket Academy is one of the top sports academies in Lahore due to its experienced coaches and excellent training programmes.
- National Cricket Academy, located on Hafeez Kardar Road, is roughly 12 km away from the location. The academy is a little far from Johar Town, but it is the best in the city.
Moreover, Lahore Football Academy in Phase 1, Johar Town, is quite famous in the city. It will take a 5-minute drive to reach the academy and have the chance to train under highly professional coaches. You will find several facilities at Lahore Football Academy, including a large, well-maintained football field, a jogging track, and a few training programmes.
For tennis, you can visit the eminent Talent Hunt Academy of Tennis. Situated in Block K, Model Town, the academy can be reached in 16 minutes’ drive. Talent Hunt Academy of Tennis features highly qualified coaches and specialised training programmes for young children and adults.
Johar Town Badminton Academy, situated in Block P Park, is accessible within a 10-minute drive. The academy features a well-maintained badminton court and quite a few professional trainers.
Pakistan Archers and Archery Academy (PAAAL), spotted in Gulberg III, is around 9 km away. The academy offers specialised training programmes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels by highly qualified coaches.
Also, residents of Johar Town will be glad to know that there are quite a few top-notch swimming pools in Lahore. One of the famous names in this regard is Lahore Gymkhana, which is at an estimated distance of 12 km from Johar Town. Pinned on Mall Road, the swimming pool is 25 metres long and features the best filtration system. At the same distance, you will find the Punjab International Swimming Complex in Gulberg III. The complex boasts a 25-metre swimming pool, a 50-metre swimming pool, seating capacity for more than 2,000 spectators, and all the necessary facilities for carrying out international swimming competitions.
Salons and Spas in Johar Town Lahore
You will find a plethora of salons or parlours in different blocks of Johar Town, including:
- Madeeha’s Salon, located in Block M, is at a 2-minute drive. The salon offers several grooming services for clients, such as bridal makeup and body care treatments.
- Star Cut Salon, situated in Block G, is at 3 minutes’ walk.
- Blade Hair Salon & Studio, situated on Abdul Haque Road, is reachable within a walk of 6 minutes.
- Royal Hair Dressers & Beauty Parlour, spotted in Block M, is reachable on foot in 5 minutes.
For some fancier salon options, you can visit Depilex Beauty Clinic, which is roughly 3 km away. Located in Block B of Johar Town, the beauty clinic boasts a national reach. As per the official website, “The staff at Depilex is fully trained because Masarrat feels that skin and hair are the two most important areas that need to be handled with care”.
Another eminent salon in Pakistan is Toni & Guy, which has the nearest outlet in Block D, Johar Town. It will take a drive of 10 minutes to reach the salon and enjoy the many services provided here. Toni & Guy boasts an international reach along with having an experience of more than 55 years.
Jugnu's Bridal Salon & Studio, located in Block F, Johar Town, will take an 8 minutes’ drive to reach. The salon offers the best bridal care services, including makeup, photography sessions, haircuts, and skincare treatments. You will find Jugnu's Bridal Salon & Studio open from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
COSMO Salon spotted in Block E, Johar Town, stands at an approximate span of 5 km. The salon provides hair care treatments, massages, makeup, facials, and photography services and is a popular choice for both men and women—the price of various services offered at the salon range from PKR 400 to PKR 7,000.
Royal Hair Dressers, located in Block M, Johar Town, is approachable within a drive of 3 minutes. As per the official Facebook page, "Royal is a full-service professional hair & body salon that uses high-quality professional products under expert care".
Finally, for spa centres in Johar Town, you can visit one of the many posh outlets functional here. These include Leaf Hair Salon in Block G-1 and Riviera Salon & Spa in Block E. Both salons are around 2 km away and provide many luxurious body treatments and massage services.
Parks and clubs in Johar Town Lahore
An affluent society such as Johar Town is bound to have a plethora of community parks in the housing society; hence, you will find several options in the vicinity. Some parks found nearest to the town are:
- M Block Park is at a 3-minute drive and features large well-manicured lawns.
- Hussain Park, situated in Phase 1, features vast lush green lawns, swings, and morning yoga classes. You will be able to reach the park in a drive of 4 minutes..
- Block P Park is home to a jogging track, several flower beds, and swings for children. The park can be reached in a 9-minute walk.
- The community park in Block J can be reached in 6 minutes’ drive. You will find a well-maintained jogging track and quite a few swings at the park.
Gulistan-e-Zehra, located in Block H-3, is one of the largest community parks in the housing society. The park stands at an approximate distance of 2 km. Gulistan-e-Zehra features a beautiful rose garden, a jogging track, several swings, and Ghazi Taekwondo Martial Art & Fitness Club.
A popular family park in Lahore is Gulshan Iqbal Park, which is at an estimated distance of 7 km from Johar Town. Spotted in Allama Iqbal Town, the park features sprawling laws that are used for recreational activities. Stretching over several acres, the beautiful park hosts a tulip garden, several fountains, rows of flower beds, and a pond. Visitors will also find a play area and several rides for children at Gulshan Iqbal Park.
Another popular name is Model Town Park, which is around 7 km away from Johar Town. The park features lush green sprawling lawns, rows of beautiful flower beds, several fountains, and a walking track. Model Town Park is one of the largest public parks in the city and is visited by hundreds of people every day.
A highly visited and talked about amusement park in Lahore is Joyland, which is at an estimated interval of 15 km from Johar Town. Although the park is a little far from Johar Town, it is ideal for a weekend trip. Located near Fortress Stadium, Joyland is the best place for a family gathering with its many adventurous rides, lawns, and quite a few eateries. Offering several packages for birthdays, schools, and corporations, Joyland is popular for its Top Spin and Discovery rides. You will find the amusement park open every day from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
Lahore is home to many historical buildings and gardens, and as such, many people from Johar Town visit famous gardens such as Bagh-e-Jinnah. Located on Mall Road, the park is around 14 km away from Johar Town. Dating back to the colonial era, the original name of the park was Lawrence Gardens, named after the viceroy of India. Bagh-e-Jinnah is home to a cricket ground, a jogging track, two libraries, few fountains, an open-air theatre, and more than 150 varieties of trees. These features make Bagh-e-Jinnah one of the top picnic spots in Lahore.
Moving on, you can also find several popular clubs in Lahore, including Lahore Gymkhana, Punjab Club, Youth Club, and Township Whites Cricket Club.
Lahore Gymkhana, located on Mall Road, is at an estimated interval of 12 km from Johar Town. Gymkhana is the poshest club in Pakistan, with several branches across the city. The club offers many luxurious facilities for entertainment, business, sports, and recreation. For instance, you will have the choice to enjoy many facilities here, such as a swimming pool, tennis court, and a cricket ground.
Punjab Club, pinned on Danepur Road, is roughly 13 km away from the locality. The club features exquisite dining services with lavish dining halls and a menu of modern and traditional cuisines. Being a social club, Punjab Cub attracts many people for its sports facilities such as a swimming pool, gymnasium, tennis court, and a billiards room.
Youth Club, located in Garden Town, will only take a 14 minutes’ drive to reach from Johar Town. The club focuses on religious awareness and publishes monthly magazines and arranges many workshops, events, and sports activities for the youth. The opening hours for the Youth Club are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.
Township Whites Cricket Club, pinned on Shah Jilani Road, is at an estimated distance of 8 km from Johar Town. The club is one of the oldest in the city with a well-maintained ground, a pavilion for cricketers, floodlights, and several turf practice pitches.
Cinemas in Johar Town, Lahore
If you love movie night with friends, then you will be glad to know that you can get to the best cinema halls in Lahore such as Universal Cinemas, Cinepax, and CineStar Cinema comfortably from Johar Town.
Universal Cinemas in Emporium Mall (located on Abdul Haque Road) can be walked to in 12 minutes. The cinema features several 2D and 3D halls with a luxurious seating arrangement for movie watchers. Universal Cinemas boasts several eateries outside the movie theatre. Screening all the latest Hollywood and Lollywood movies, the cinema charges a ticket price of PKR 500 to PKR 2,000, depending on the screen (gold or silver).
Cinepax, sited in Amanah Mall (Phase 2, Muhammadpura), can be driven to in 16 minutes. Present in 9 cities, you will find around four cinema halls of Cinepax in Lahore. Cinepax boasts a nationwide capacity of 7,000 seats along with gold, platinum, and CMAXX experience for customers. Each experience features a higher level of luxurious facilities, such as better resolution and sound effects. Cinepax claims to provide unmatched quality entertainment with comfortable armchairs, a great 3D experience, 100% digital imagery, and the perfect sound system by Dolby Atmos.
CineStar Cinema, located in Township Society, is approachable within a drive of 15 minutes. CineStar is one of the first cinema companies to feature an IMAX theatre, which features a great picture and sound quality. Considered as the best cinema in the city, CineStar offers an online platform for a hassle-free experience of booking tickets.
The Lahore Zoo, located on Mall Road, will take a 20 minutes’ drive to reach from Johar Town. Boasting a history of around 160 years, the zoo is home to almost 1,200 animals of 120 species, which includes birds, amphibians, reptiles, and amphibians. You will find one of the largest aviaries at Lahore Zoo with unique species such as peafowl and macaws. The Lahore Zoo offers many other facilities such as camel rides, horse riding, a jumping castle, a mechanical elephant, and a café.
Depilex College, located in Garden Town, is one of the few academic institutions for beauticians in Pakistan. Residents of Johar Town will be able to reach the college in a drive of 14 minutes. The college boasts diploma courses, short courses, and professional courses in hairdressing, salon business management, makeup, and body therapy. As per the official website, “Depilex Institute is one of Pakistan’s largest beauty training institutes with an internationally qualified staff”.
Expo Centre, located on Abdul Haque Road, is approachable within a drive of 6 minutes. The centre boasts many halls that often play host to grand exhibitions for art pieces, books, real estate, and international universities.
Finance & Trade Centre (FTC), situated in Phase 2, Johar Town, is at a drive of 4 minutes. FTC is a business hub of international standards with several popular corporate names in the centre. You will also find a five-star hotel, a golf club, food court, art galleries, and executive apartments at the Finance & Trade Centre.
Jalal Sons, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is one of the most famous bakeries in the city. It will only take a 3-minute drive to reach the bakery and enjoy the most delicious baked goodies like pizzas, sandwiches, and burgers. Every outlet of Jalal Sons has a ground floor allotted to baked goods while the lower ground floor boasts household essentials, groceries, and canned foods.
Then, Nishat Hotel, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is one of the best hotels in Lahore. The hotel is just a 10-minute walk away from Johar Town. Nishat Hotel is a 5-star establishment boasting luxurious accommodation services such as stylish deluxe rooms, comfortable executive rooms, iconic junior suites, spacious royal suites, and stunning residential suites. Along with that, you will also find lavish banquets, dining halls, a gym, a swimming pool, and quite a few corporate facilities at the hotel.
Berlitz Language Institute, situated in New Garden Town, is one of the top language institutes in Lahore to learn Chinese. Boasting several campuses in the city, the institute can be driven to in 15 minutes from Johar Town.
Humpty Dumpty, situated in the basement of G1 Market (Block G, Johar Town), will take a 4 minutes’ walk to reach. You will find many arcade games at the entertainment centre for a minimum price of 15 rupees. Humpty Dumpty is ideal for kids aged 7 to 8 years.
Chaman Ice Cream, spotted in Faisal Town, is reachable within a drive of 12 minutes. Featuring few outlets in the city, Chaman Ice Cream is the most famous shop in Lahore. The cost outlet serves delicious ice creams with a variety of toppings and flavours.
Another point of attraction for many Lahoris is the array of banquet halls functional in the city. Residents of Johar Town, in particular, will be glad to know that the poshest wedding halls are reachable in a few minutes' drive. Grace Event Complex, situated in Block G, is approachable within a 1-minute walk, Dynasty Event Complex, sited in Block H, is a 7-minute walk away, and The Nishat Banquets, pinned on Abdul Haque Road, is about a 3-minute drive away.
Many people working in the city or studying in the popular academic institutions of Lahore need hostel services. The hostels charge an economical price and also provide regular meals and laundry services. Some famous names in Johar Town are Al Banat Girls Hostel (11 minutes’ drive) and The Boys Hostel (8 minutes’ drive) away.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Johar Town provides all the necessities to its residents, such as gas, electricity, and water. Other than that, all the posh facilities, including restaurants, cafes, healthcare, and academic institutions, are accessible at a convenient distance from Johar Town.
According to the bidding document, Provision of Security Services for Lahore Development Authority, there are a total of seven security inspectors, 32 armed security guards, who are former military servicemen, 53 unarmed security guards, and four lady security guards assigned for the protection of Johar Town, Jubilee Town, and Mohlanwal Scheme. These security measures taken by the local government and the LDA make the area of Johar Town incredibly secure to live in.
Not to forget, the society is well-linked to famous roads such as Multan Road, Raiwind Road, and the National Highway, which are around 10 minutes’ drive away. This ensures that residents of Johar Town can easily commute to remote areas of Lahore via the many transport networks operational on the road, such as the Metrobus, Orange Line, rickshaws, taxis, and public buses.
Importance of Johar Town Lahore from major locations nearby
- Model Town (20 minutes’ drive)
- Faisal Town (13 minutes’ drive)
- Wapda Town (14 minutes’ drive)
- Wafaqi Colony (10 minutes’ drive)
- Nespak Society (14 minutes’ drive)
- PIA Housing Society (10 minutes’ drive)
- PGECHS (14 minutes’ drive)