ABOUT Kashmir Road, Sialkot
Kashmir Road, Sialkot is a 2.3-mile stretch of road commanding immense importance in Sialkot, as it leads to many well-known societies and is connected to several other major routes, such as Wazirabad Road, Defence Road, Marala Road, Gohad Pur Airport Road, and Cantt Road. Given the location and strategic importance of the road, many promising real estate projects are underway on the road, while others have been entirely developed. The construction of a shopping mall named Al-Khalil Plaza (a project of Al-Khalil Developers) has recently begun on the road, and a flyover is also being constructed on Kashmir Road to improve the flow of traffic coming from several avenues.
In terms of residential appeal, Kashmir Road, Sialkot, features many ideal sites and thoughtfully designed housing societies. The road is also a perfect place to establish a small business. More than 100 shops are located on this road, and the development of several new shopping malls are making way for more commercial opportunities.
History of Development
Sialkot is an ancient city, the foundations of which were laid by Raja or King Sul, while the town was further developed by Raja Salivahian. The latter also constructed a fort in the city, which led to the town being known as Sialkot, meaning the fort of Sia. The city is famous for many things, including manufacturing fine swords and daggers, sports gear, surgical equipment, and leather goods. The city is continuously developing and expanding, due to which the real estate market of the city is relatively active and vibrant.
Better yet, property prices in the societies around Kashmir Road are quite reasonable when compared to the amenities offered. These include several educational and medical institutions, transportation, parks, and sports complexes to name a few. The area boasts a genuine sense of community and even though the road and the surrounding areas are entirely commercialised area, Kashmir Road, Sialkot is surprisingly green.
AT A GLANCE
- A commercial area
- All the amenities readily available
- Well populated societies
- Several medical and educational institutions
- Wide double road
- Connected to other significant arteries of Sialkot
- Several mega projects are under construction on the road
- Plenty of entertainment options available
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Residents of neighbouring societies can get around pretty quickly via this road, as it is connected with other significant routes offering instant access to neighbouring areas and the city. Several modes of transportation are available on the road, including intercity buses and coaches, chingchis, traditional rickshaws, taxis, and ride-hailing services. For intra-city travels, you can comfortably use a chingchi or a regular taxi and rickshaw. Chingchi is the go-to choice of people for commuting since it only costs PKR 10 to 15 per head.
Other than that, there’s General Bus Stand Sialkot on Jail Road, from where you can catch a bus to travel to various cities of Pakistan. The fare is economical, and the buses are pretty comfortable. You can reach here in only 5 minutes from Kashmir Road. Just opposite the General Bus Stand of Sialkot, you’ll find a Daewoo Terminal, right in front of Lorry Adda. The fare charged by Daewoo to travel to other cities is reasonably economical compared to other private bus services. The terminal is clean, and around 800 to 1,000 commuters travel daily from here.
Besides these, a few more private coaches, such as Usman Coach, and Bilal Travels, Humrahi Travel Agency, and Kohistan Bus Agency can also be used to travel to other cities. All of them are located on Jail Road and can be walked to in almost 6 to 7 minutes.
Markets near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Sialkot and markets have a long history. As a part of United India, Sialkot used to boast many huge departmental stores such as Ghulam Qadir & Sons, and Abdullah’s were so popular that people from far and wide came here to shop.
Also, Paris Road, which is only 4 km away from Kashmir Road, used to be the most fashionable area of Sialkot. Many famous, rich, and stylish people of their time once lived here. Having such a rich history, the city is abundant with markets and bazaars. The road contains around 100 shops, and since it is not possible to mention all of them, some departmental stores or marts near Kashmir Road, Sialkot are discussed below.
- Abdullah Mini Mart on Market Road, near Model Town, is only 7 minutes’ walk away
- A-I Mart situated on the east end of Kashmir Road, near Zeeshan Colony is reachable in 7 minutes
- Mag Town Mart on the main road of Mag Town can be reached on foot in 7 to 10 minutes from Kashmir Road
- Bismillah Mart, an electronic store, near Zohaib Road, Deenpuran Colony is 2 km away
- Soni Shopping Mart and Departmental Store on Khadim Ali Road, Kotli Behram, is 9 minutes away
- Mart Gloves & Co (safety equipment supplier) situated near Khadim Ali Road, Hassan Pura, can be reached on foot in 9 to 10 minutes
Some wholesale and vegetable markets around the area are:
- Khan Tower on Gohad Pur Airport Road, Kotli Behram, can be comfortably walked to in 4 minutes
- Shabbir Centre near Music Hall, Mag Town, is only 6 minutes’ walk away
- A-One Auto Parts & Wholesaler, located near Khan Tower, on Muhammadi Malik Street, Kotli Behram, is reachable in 8 minutes
- Madina Market on Defence Road, near Allama Iqbal Town, is only 7 minutes’ walk away
- Hassan Plaza in Allama Iqbal Town is only 9 minutes’ walk away from the south end of Kashmir Road
- Shoukat Market on Roras Road, Miana Pura, Sialkot, is around 8 to 10 minutes’ walk away
- Mujahid Sabzi Frosh in Mohalla Chah Pisswan can be reached on foot in 10 minutes
- Yousaf Interiors on Kashmir Road, Pakka Garha can be reached in 8 minutes
- Umer Mirza Light Repairing in Pakka Garha is only 7 minutes’ walk away
Mosques and Churches near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
One of the usual requirements of property seekers in Pakistan is to have at least one mosque near their residence. As such, you’ll be glad to know that while living near Kashmir Road, Sialkot, you will have many options to choose from. To name a few:
- Jamia Lal Masjid located in Pakka Garha Society on Kashmir Road is reachable on foot in 2 to 3 minutes
- Jamia Masjid Fatima-tul-Zohra, situated in Mohallah Darbar Sharif, Pakka Garah, can be walked to in around 6 minutes
- Jamia Masjid Madina in Pakka Garha, Sialkot is only 8 minutes away
- Ruby Villas Mosque in Ruby Villas Society, Pakka Garha, is only 5 minutes’ walk away
- Sheeshay Wali Mosque, a somewhat new addition to the list of mosques near Kashmir Road, can be reached in 8 minutes
- Jamia Masjid Gulzar e Madina near Bethania Hospital, Opposite Lakhan Darbar, is reachable on foot in 6 minutes
- Jamia Masjid Muslim near Al Rehmat Super Store is 3 km away
- Jamia Masjid Gulzar Latifabad Islamnagar can be reached on foot in 7 to 8 minutes
Schools, Colleges And Universities near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Living at a convenient distance from nearby schools provides better flexibility in daily time management. When hunting for a new home, families need to consider many things, including good schools in the area. If kids are going to attend the neighbourhood school, the proximity to the school is one item that should be seriously measured. With that being said, mentioned below are the list of schools around Kashmir Road
- Ninos Network, An Advance School System on Kashmir Road, Pakka Garha can be reached on foot in 4 minutes
- The Smart School - Iqbal Campus near Zeeshan Colony Sialkot, is only 7 to 10 minutes drive away
- Bloomfield Hall School near Zeeshan Colony can be reached on foot in 8 to 10 minutes
- Preform School located at Mag Town can be reached in 7 minutes
- Classic School System (Flagship Campus) near, Mag Town, is only 6 minutes walk away
- Govt Elementry School on Pakka Garha is only 8 to 10 minutes away
As for the colleges, you can send your child to Nisa Girls College or Superior College or Punjab College for Boys (PGC). All of them are located on Kashmir Road near Pakka Garha society, only 6 minutes drive away. Sialkot College of Technology, Punjab College for Girls near Sublime Chowk, Bahar College situated near City Public School, and Standard Polytechnic Institute Kotli Behram are located on Khadim Ali Road. All of these colleges can be reached in 3 to 5 minutes by car because the road is directly connected with Kashmir Road, Sialkot.
Besides several schools and colleges, the area is also well equipped with several universities, which makes it more appealing to parents. Listed below are the names and commute distance of the nearby universities.
- Network Communication Institute (Netcom) located at Zeeshan Colony, is only 7 minutes drive away
- Government College Women University on Kutchery Road, Sialkot, can be reached by car in 8 to 10 minutes
- Allama Iqbal Government College for Women on Khadim Ali Road, near Mohalla Lahori Shah is only 10 minutes drive away
- Imam Bukhari International Islamic University located Ugoki Road, Shahabpura, is reachable by car in 7 minutes
- University of Management and Technology, Sialkot Campus located on Shahabpura Road near Small Industrial Estate Sialkot can be reached by car in 10 minutes
Banks near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Having banks near your residence makes way for several benefits such as added security when transferring or withdrawing cash. Since Kashmir Road is a commercial area, you’ll find several banks located on and around it. For instance, Askari Bank near Pakka Garha, Summit Bank near Zeeshan Plaza, MCB Bank Limited in Mag Town, Bank Al Habib near Ruby Villas, Bank Islami Ltd near Galaxy Hotel, Allied Bank opposite Sialkot Passport Office, and United Bank Limited is situated near Venus Marriage Hall. All of these banks can be reached in 5 to 8 minutes.
Also, the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) is situated on Wazirabad Road, Harrar. It can be reached in 5 minutes.
Clinics and Hospitals near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Having hospitals or clinics nearby is more than just a matter of convenience. In case of emergencies, a few things are of the utmost importance, which includes how fast you identify the crisis and how quickly you reach the hospital. In such cases, being a short distance away from a hospital can be a lifesaver.
That said, the following are some nearby clinics and surgical stores situated near Kashmir Road, Sialkot.
- Shifa Clinic on Kashmir Road, near Kotli Behram, is only 5 minutes’ walk away
- Hafeez Clinic located near Sialkot Airport Road, Gohadpur Colony, is only 7 minutes’ walk away
- Sohail Dental Care Centre near Kashmir Road, Kotli Behram Colony, is reachable on foot in 8 minutes
- Madina Medical Store In Zeeshan Colony is only 7 minutes’ walk away
- Instrumental Industries of Surgical Instrument is situated near Pakka Garha, 8 minutes’ walk away
- AB Instruments near Mag Town can be reached on foot in only 7 minutes
As for hospitals, mentioned below are the name and commute distance of some hospitals located nearby:
- Bethania Hospital on Kashmir Road, Pakka Garha, is only 6 minutes’ drive away
- Bashir Hospital on Khadim Ali Road near Model Town is reachable on a trip of 7 minutes
- Memorial Christian Hospital in Puran Nagar is 8 minutes’ drive away
- Sialkot Medical Complex on Commissioner Road, Muhammadpura, can be reached in 7 minutes
- Allama Iqbal Memorial Teaching Hospital near Mag Town is only 8 minutes’ drive away
- Punjab Hospital on Commissioner Road, near Nishat Park, Muhammadpura, can be driven to in 7 minutes
PROPERTIES ON KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Sales Price Trends on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Properties around Kashmir Road, Sialkot are undeniably more affordable than other areas of the city. This could be one reason why the road attracts many first-time buyers. Since such is the case, it becomes imperative to study the sales and rental trends of this road to make a smart investment decision.
Houses for Sale on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Several 5 marla houses are up for sale around Kashmir Road, Sialkot. The lowest price of 5 marla houses is PKR 55 lakh, which can go as high as PKR 1.25 crore. These prices vary due to their location and nearby amenities. Also, a few 6 marla house is available for sale for PKR 58 lakh to PKR 1.5 crore, while a few 4 marla house in MB Villas, can be bought for PKR 85 lakh to PKR 87 lakh. The starting price of 10 marla houses located around Kashmir Road is roughly 1.7 crore, going up to 2.25 crore.
Flats for Sale on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Flats are part of an upcoming project on Kashmir Road. However, as of now, there are no flats available for sale here.
Plots for Sale on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
A few 5 marla plots on Kashmir Road is anywhere between 26 lakh to 35 lakh. Moreover, a 6 marla residential plot is up for sale on Kashmir Road, Sialkot, for PKR 40 lakh. Furthermore, a couple of commercial plots of different area sizes are also up for sale here. For instance, a 180 marla plot can be bought for PKR 42 crore, while the price of a 220 marla plot ranges between PKR 44 crore to PKR 45 crore. Also, a 500 marla commercial plot is up for sale for PKR 1.1 billion.
Rent Price Trends on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Flats for Rent on KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
A few flats are available for rent on Kashmir Road. For instance a newly built 3 marla flat near Al Khalil Centre will cost a sum of PKR 15 thousand per month as rent, while a 2 marla flat is available for rent for just PKR 14 thousand per month.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
There are several reasons why malls near your residence are one of the essential amenities you should look for when house hunting. The first and most apparent amenity is the availability of everything, including entertainment. People living around Kashmir Road have access to plenty of nearby malls, which include:
- Soni Shopping Mart in Khadam Colony, Khadim Ali Road, only 5 minutes’ drive away
- City Centre on Khadim Ali Road, Noorpura, can be reached in 7 minutes by car
- The Mall of Sialkot on 100 Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road, Sialkot Cantonment is only 15 minutes’ drive away
- Duran Shopping Mall near Ghazi Road, Sialkot Cantonment, is 4 km away
- Kent Mall Shopping Centre, situated on Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road, Sadar Bazar, Cantt, is only 11 minutes’ drive away
- 15 Div Shopping Center, Sialkot Cantonment, is 7 km away
- Mughal Plaza, Kachehri Road, Mohalla Water Works, is only 10 minutes’ drive away
Restaurants and Bakeries near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Sialkot is among the most vibrant cities in Pakistan. The city’s cuisine is a mix of Punjabi and Pukhtoon dishes and tandoori chicken, nihari, bhuna ghost, beef and chicken biryani, keema naan, and sarson da saag are among the most-liked savouries in the city, while some famous desserts include Jalebi, Phirni, and Sheer Khorma. Better yet, several restaurants that are known for their taste and quality are present near Kashmir Road.
One of the most famous and nearest restaurants is SubhanAllah Restaurant near Pakka Garha, Kashmir Road. It can be reached in 4 to 5 minutes. Besides, Haji Biryani is famous all over Sialkot and is located in Mag Town, only 7 minutes away, while Zaiqa Restaurant in Islam Nagar is reachable in 10 minutes. Moreover, Pizza Club in Pakka Garha near Superior College is only 7 minutes away.
Other nearby restaurants include Ali Baba Restaurant near Ruby Villas, reachable in only 9 minutes, Mashallah Ice Cream near Pakka Garha is reachable in 4 minutes, while Makkah Restaurant near Venus Galaxy Hall is only 9 minutes away. Also, Lazeezo on Kashmir Road, Zeeshan Colony, is 8 minutes away.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Discovering the perfect home isn’t just about a location; the facilities present in and near an area play a significant role in transforming a locality into a community. Gyms and fitness centres are among the amenities that make an area move liveable, and thankfully, quite a few of them are located around Kashmir Road, Sialkot. Some gyms and sports grounds located nearby include Fatima Jinnah Park Cricket Ground near Jail Road, Sialkot Cantonment, only 7 minutes away. The stadium is enormous with a seating capacity of around 10,000 people, and is fully equipped with modern facilities.
Moreover, Chalk n Cue Snooker Club near hot cake bakers on Kashmir Road, opposite Christian Town, is reachable in only 3 minutes, while Top Ten International on Nasir Road, near Islamia Park, can be reached in 8 minutes.
Additionally, Anwar Club, a gym located on Club Road, can be reached in 10 minutes. This impressive new Gym follows international standards and features state-of-the-art exercise machines. Also, KKC Ground on Street Number 17 in Mag Town can be reached in 6 minutes, whereas Model Town Cricket Ground in Model Town, Ugoke, is only 8 minutes away.
Furthermore, mentioned below are some more gyms located around Kashmir Road, Sialkot:
- Saga Sports Cricket Ground Sialkot near Mag Town is only 8 minutes’ drive away
- Faraz Sports on Daska Road can be reached in 9 minutes
- Altan Club near Model Town is reachable by car in 9 to 10 minutes
- Sialkot Gloves Industries at Arazi Yaqub, 13/485 of Model Town can be reached by car in 8 to 10 minutes
Parks near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
Parks and greenery provide a much-needed breathing space for people living in an area. Recent research has found that living near parks has many health benefits, and it could lead to a more active lifestyle. As such, Kashmir Road, Sialkot has plenty of parks situated all around. Take, for example, Fatima Jinnah Park, which is the best option for a daily breather. The park features a jogging and cycling track and children play area. The park is members-only and 3-month, and 6-month card options are available for people who like to go to the park daily or regularly. However, the park gets a little overcrowded at weekends. The park is located near Sialkot Cantonment and can be walked to in 8 minutes.
Besides, Muhammad Ali Park, situated near Kotli Behram, is only 6 minutes’ walk away, while Ladies Park in Model Town near Shah Faisal Road is reachable on foot in around 5 to 6 minutes. The latter is home to a jogging path, a playground, and even a bird sanctuary. There is no entry fee; however, you have to have a membership card. Moreover, Boys Park near Model Town is only 7 minutes’ walk away.
Furthermore, according to residents of Model Town, Captain Serosh Shaheed Park is one of the most beautiful parks in the city and is perfect for long walks. You can reach the park on foot in some 5 to 6 minutes. Further, Prem Nagar Park near Sarafa Street, Prem Nagar, is 18 to 20 minutes’ walk away, and Pakka Garha Park in Pakka Garha Society can be walked to in 8 minutes.
Salons and Spas near KASHMIR ROAD, SIALKOT
For beauty treatment and other similar services, people living around Kashmir Road, Sialkot can head to Jugnu Beauty Parlour near Zeeshan Colony, which is reachable by foot in 7 minutes. Also, Shine Beauty Salon on Khadim Ali Road can be reached in 10 minutes, while Rockstar Fashion Salon on Capital Road of Model Town is only 9 minutes’ walk away. Moreover, Mehwish Beauty Parlour, situated near Bank Alfalah, Khadim Ali Road, is reachable in 7 minutes, and Hero Hair Salon in Mohallah Chah Pisswan is only 10 minutes’ walk away.
Zeeshan Colony, Islam Nagar, Model Town, Mag Town, Zeeshan Colony, Pakka Garha, Ruby Villas, and Muslim Pura are some areas situated nearest to Kashmir Road, Sialkot.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Individuals, families, and professionals all are drawn to the commercial areas of a city since it keeps them closer to urban life. As such, the real estate near Kashmir Road, Sialkot offers the perfect balance of urban and rural life. All the amenities of everyday life are readily available. Traffic Jam is the only thing that should be considered, as it gets congested during peak hours; however, a flyover is being constructed on Kashmir road to ease the congestion. The flyover will be functional by 2020.
Importance of Kashmir Road, Sialkot from major locations nearby
- Allama Iqbal Residency, Kashmiri Mohalla, is 4 km away
- Jagannath Temple in Hasanpura is 11 minutes away
- Sialkot Clock Tower at Iqbal Square, near Saddar Cantt Sialkot Cantonment, is 5 km away
- Raghunath Temple in Sherwani Colony is 4 km away
- Sialkot Fort near Lal Bazar is 15 minutes away
- Shawala Teja Singh Temple, located in Kashmiri Mohalla, near Wasi Shaheedan Society, can be reached in 20 minutes