Dha phase 5 - k block (overseas)

Dha islamabad has released new booking in phase 5 k block exclusively for overseas pakistanis. The ballot will be held in mid december. The cost of one kanal plot is 150 lakhs on three years instalments plan. Can the experts please advise if it is worth investing money in these plots. Will appreciate sincere feedback.

Sorry for a newbie question but is the ballot going to be for allotting plot location or allotting plots?

I believe it will be both i.e. Allotting plots to applicants who are successful in the ballot and plot numbers to the plots as per the map

I see, well, let’s see what the experts have to say about it.

Have you seen this, gentlemen? It might be helpful.

https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/overseas_plots_in_dha_5__sec_j_and_k_-33952.html

Yes I am also 50/50 , on one hand 3 years installment plan and the chances that they will give possession in 2021 attracts, overall in 3 years the prices will appreciate.

But on other hand the uncertainly of plot location after balloting and current prices at par with possession plots and location bit far then available cash options making me not to apply.

Same thoughts here.. I am also in doubt for 10 Marla.

It can be a gold mine or a dead investment that never appreciates...

Salam, I have a house in B block of DHA 5 built for my own use but I have decided to sell it. It is newly built 1 kanal double unit house.

I am available on whatsapp at +61448118657.

@OB , I don’t think so it could be a gold mine, the best is 3 years easy payments and it might give you right on possession (if the location is nice) couple of million jump. But this hope can also be washed away and put you on hold for long if bad location plot comes out.

If it is an unfavourable location, how bad is it going to be though? Surely not a total dead-end? Though we will likely have to dig our heels in and hold on…how long is the question.

Cant we apply and see the the approximate location of the plot after balloting on map and decide to proceed or not for 20% down payment

The experienced guys will give the definitive answer but I doubt that is going to be possible. They are going to link ballot to down payment or some other major payment, I think :expressionless:

Yes if someone here can please confirm what is the DHA procedure for balloting, plot # and down payment

OB, The balloting will not be done before down payment, I am not in Pakistan to go and visit the site however from google map and other videos where some agents visited the site, personally to me kanal area is looking overall developed and smooth with clean plotting, in 10 marla there are bit concerns on both side area plots and also it will take some time to be developed.

will appreciate the experts advise on this.

But they have announced the ballot date as 15 December and once the ballot is done then the successful applicants will do the down payment after that

@Arshad Khan

I havent seen anywhere on the website and FAQ's section they have given any ballot date.

Ballot means who is successful applicant.

If applications less then plots then every one will get, otherwise some will loose their application fee also.

@OB

Actually you are right - they don’t have mentioned the ballot date - 15 December is actually the ballot date for DHA Lahore overseas enclave

@ Sohail Khan

Yes it makes sense wat you said regarding the ballot

What is currently the price of one kanal plot (worst location) plot in DHA phase 5 - just want to compare if in ballot the plot comes out to be in unfavourable location then whether it’s worth to apply for it - thanks