Investment In Resditential Plots Vs Shops

Assalam o alaikum everyone!

So I wanted to have a clear idea about the investments in shops against the residential plots.

Say, for example, I have enough money to buy 2-3 residential plots situated at a very posh location, or I can buy a shop that too at a commercial area with handsome amount of rent. I know very little about estate investment so please kindly give your comments.

Thanks

2-3 residential plots at posh area , rough estimates ,bet 3-10 crores against just one shop for rent in commercial area?

WHY NOT HAVE A plaza at an average commercial [ but populated ] area,

will give you returns far greater than a shop in fully commercial area.[ my idea,]

@Dk, certainly mate, however, pardon my lack of real estate knowledge. What I actually wanted to say is that, say you have 1- 1.5 crore, and option to invest in residential plots of 220 sq.yds, say 2-3 plots, or you could invest in shops located at a good location.Given the situation, that the said residential plots could yield you 2 the times the paid the money in like 3-4 years. I am thinking about investing in Hyderabad, but can’t seem to find much ads or discussion pertaining to my interest. Thanks !

Anyone?

Please go through this thread !

http://www.zameen.com/forum/answers/buying_property/installment_options_in_rawalpindi_islamabad-5644.html

Residential property is better than commercial shops...

Plus, when you buy a shop and give it on rent, the qabza issues, plus pagri and their is a lot of things which should be taken care of, which not everybody can do.

@ISBase, I've read you past post, and I would like to add that am interested in investing in shops or residential plots. I can't even think of investing in residential units given the management requirement and all that. That leaves me with the two options. I bought a residential plot some 4-5 years, and its value has tripled since then.

Now, I've been thinking about similar investment. But I am more interested in shops. So,am thinking about shops of the kind where I can rent out the shop to some reputed brands, and of course I've such location in my mind, Autobahn road in Hyderabad to be precise.

I haven't done much homework about the market over there, however, I'll let you know soon about it. There are some projects in the early phases where I can invest. However, I would to know about good investment in this regard, things like rent, property value, and others.

@ Nasir, Well hopefully qabza mafia won't be an issue, and am not sure what you mean by 'pagri'.

Any suggestion/Advice shall be appreciated. Thank you so much !

Dump…

Pagri means goodwill my friend and if you have not tasted it yet consider yourself lucky

i agree with Nasir, residential is peace of mind while Commercial will give you a lot of tension with no peace of mind. Its not always about MONEY.

Considering islamabad, Islamabad Rent Ordinance 2001 banished the pagri system in 2001 yet you will see most shops operating on this system in islamabad.