Lahore smart city

Can any learned member shed light on this project. As per media news, it have no noc, location somewhere outside lahore(near kala shah kakku), price seems double then avg plots in that area (as per a vblogger). .

Brand sells! (Fortunately or Unfortunately)

Ones who bought @ Pre-Launch in ISB had profit demands of 4.5+ lac.on 5M ballotted residential!

The question is not about When to Enter, it's about when to Exit? (Sell off at right time).

Strategy remains same that now attract Lahore-centred Overseas Folks complemented with fast paced development and target (active) marketing!

NOC seems to be no issue for it's developers. It doesn't suit end buyers either. That pretty much leaves short term investors with key to exit at right time...

Its a project by Habib Rafique Group - HRL - Same Project Previously started in Islamabad - Named Capital Smart City. Its a good project to invest. Will be the first smart city in Lahore and 2nd smart city of Pakistan. Project is currently in pre booking stage and LDA Approval is in process which is mostly completed in 30 days (till now update). For more details and bookings https://www.estateagents.pk/lahore-smart-city

Sir 'Smart' is a just gimmacky to sell-off, thats pretty much it! Let's be straight about it. Home automation and alike stuff is not smart by any means.

Low Cost is what Pakistan needs before Smart.

Sir the SMART term is getting popular day by day in real estate projects. Often the Owners are quite Smart.... Sometimes even oversmart :)

On a serious note, Capital smart city has been a good project till now with a reasonable pace and development. I hope this one follows the same.

I am not an expert but would like to state my brain-storming session outcome on LSC:

Positives:

1. Better location compaired to Capital Smart City with a fully development and alomost 70% populated scoiety SA garden across the road.

2. Some ground work was already done by a previous developer and should help the pace of development.

3. Another brilliant marketing compaign.

Negatives:

1. The prices are without development charges. A 5 marla is marketed at 18 and 19 lac undeveloped where one can get a fully developed plot in SA garden for around 25 lac. 3 to 5 years will not see much profit (Allah u alim) after the development charges overlay.

2. Capital smart city has been a brilliantly but deceptively marketed project with still unsold plots. Exective and overseas blocks brought in later on at higher prices finally moving to the rip off of Harmony block with 3.5 marla plots fire sale.

Note: 8 Km down the road (closer to Rawalpindi) to CSC you have Kashmir Model Town, which was developed in 1982, where you can buy a fully deveoped 5 marla plot for 4 to 8 lac. However, even after nearly 40 years there are only few houses built in that socitey.

https://www.zameen.com/Residential_Plots/Rawalpindi_Kashmir_Model_Town-1423-1.html?area_max=125.419104&sort=date_desc

Similar game will be played here and 3 marla plots will be brought in afterwards which is the new bench mark. One can get a 3 marla in SA Gardens for around 17 lac.

1. Around on average 5% annual profit after 4 to 5 years (Allah knows best) is not a good offering and HR has proven that with right kind of marketing he can keep all the juice.

I will stay few thousand kms away from this new trap. Hopefully GURUs will enlighten us with there thoughts as well.

Location of LSC seems reasonable and yes Capital Smart city is their success story so far. Let’s see what smartness out of the claims they will achieve once completed

I think its a good project and will appreciate in future specially if one will invest in pre-launch phase. The proposed land of LSC is plain and easy to develop as compared with CSC Islamabad.

HRL have a potential to develop on the good pace. We know the fact that CSC Islamabad is hilly and un even still in 2 years time they made a good progress on the project.

Allah knows the rest, but if the intention of developers is good and they want to take on the reputation that they have built, definitely it will provide a good chance for investors/ buyers to get good gains in future.

Btw CSC got NOC from govt to build interchange. Good news for everyone, congratulations to those invested timely. Now looking forward to good news on LSC NOC

Yes for sure, heard that NOC granted somewhere end of July and the interchange at motorway makes it far better (proper) access existing from ISB or new Airport into CSC.

Lahore Smart City location (as seen on Google map) is excellent. It is at the junction of Lahore By-Pass that connects M2 with G.T. Road at Kala Shah Kaku and then continues to connect brand-new Lahore-Sialkot motorway, from where you can connect to Lahore Ring Road non-stop (thank u Mian sb).

So you can by-pass Shahdra traffic congestion to reach DHA or Lahore city within minutes. Location-wise, this project is gold-mine !

Baqi features kayliye company zimadar nahin hey.... :)

Without a doubt, the Lahore Smart City project is more feasible for investors as compared to genuine buyers. In fact, the introduction of smart automation features in such projects is always a more attractive feature for investors. However, many genuine buyers have this demand too. However, Pakistan does need more low-cost housing projects at the moment.

Meanwhile, the practice of prices being exclusive of development charges has been becoming common. Again, this is not something genuine buyers would appreciate. For Lahore Smart City, the developer may charge around PKR 100,000 per marla.

From an investor’s benefit point of view, the developer has plans to introduce commercial plots at a later stage.

100K/Marla can still be decent enough, I believe it will be more than that (that is where Smart (actually trivial automation stuff) will be sold yet again & cashed) ...

1 Teer ('Smart' City)
2 Shikaar (Selling, Increased Development Charges)

@Isloo 1 sahib of ours:

"Tell me and i forget. Teach me and i remember. INVOLVE me and i LEARN."

Not much aware about Lahore but the Capital Smart City project surely wins the award title for most deceptive marketing campaigns ever handsdown, considering the project is in the middle of nowhere supposedly exists atleast 30 km away from new Isb airport which itself is at a distance of around 20 km from Isb boundaries making it a society almost over 50 km away from the capital Isb being marketed as "Capital smart city". I suppose theres no regulating body in pk to keep a check on blatant false and misleading advertising claims.

@Slick, not that I endorse Capital Smart City and its marketing gimmickry in any way, but if others (Bahria, DHA, PVC) can sell their remote projects, then why can't CSCI sell in the middle of nowhere.

My concern is different. They have not yet delivered Islamabad project and have already launched Lahore. This is highly risky proposition for investors and they must observe caution.

Ilyas sb: In this hour of doom and gloom of property market, Capital Smart City, the new kid in the block, has apparently stirred up market with their relentless marketing and some show-off development. Having registered some success in Islamabad they have immediately expanded to Lahore, shows they are in a hurry to siphon off money from equally greedy investors.

Having no personal investment to date, as much as I was skeptic and a critic of CSC, I am appreciative of their (1) Marketing Campaign, (2) Development Pace of this Smart City Series.

I still donot endorse (A) the way they handled the launch of most recent commercial and (B) trivial automation stuff that they refer to as Smart. All in all getting M2 Interchange approved for me is their best possible achievement to date.

Time seems to be high for them to expand. Also, when land acquired, why to delay and be a victim of deteriorating economic circumstances and increasing inflation. The core ingredient to their success, whatever so far is the magnitude of their work force and quantity of machinery that can be rapidly deployed on-site.

When Project Owner and Developer is same (probably first time in PAK, unless I am missing some obvious), the only remaining factor to a mega success is intentions to deliver!! Let the time be the ultimate decider, as usual!

Imtiaz, I have no other reason to doubt the project, it is just that this is such a cookbook method to siphon off money that you can smell it from miles. I still remember how Eden expanded exponentially and then collapsed without delivering fully paid houses to their owners. Thousands are still stuck waiting for any relief.

Without any regulatory procedures, it is so easy to deprive people of their hard-earned money that it sucks. Just as banks used to loot and plunder only few decades ago.

Unfortunate realities of the system that we survive in.

CSC, at first place thrived due to the fact that likes of BT, DH dragged themselves into too many controversies and unfulfilled deliveries even after a decade. If the Smart thing gonna go down that route, it will be a huge potential being missed due to short-sightedness...

Hope not, but, as I said earlier only hind-sight decides best...

Mr Isloo you seem to have misunderstood my post. I wasnt specificaly criticising the projects location, anybody has the right to develop anywhere be it planet Mars or wherever, i was criticising their false and misleading marketing claims, people deserve transparency, for example from overseas point of view if you do a few google searches most of the online information projected by their own marketing and associated dealers give an impression that its a project close to the Capital or near to the Capitals new airport. Most of the info across various websites keeps coming up with a 9km figure that is very misleading for people abroad. It is only when you zoom into zameen.coms own detailed info about the project there is only one paragraph that states the society is at a distance of 30km from the new airport. It is approved by rawalpindi development authority RDA. Further reading of the project details amuse you with more lies regarding proximity to various places within Rawalpindi and Isb. Travel times, travel distances, so much disinformation its unbelievable. On their own website they claim it takes "5 minutes drive from new airport", now admittingly i like a bit of torque sometimes but even on the autobahn i highly doubt if i could manage 30kms in 5minutes in my twin turbo machine. Maybe the smart people employed Lewis Hamilton to helpout in this regard OR they have gone full sci-fi and secretly mastered the even smarter concept of teleportation. This project has absolutely nothing to do with the Capital Islamabad. It is false and misleading advertising.