Suggestion requested for investment

Dear experts
Can anyone suggest if one has to choose between i-16/3, i-16/4 and dha-3, which one is better ?

Regards

Between 16/3 and 16/4 go for 16/4.

I-16 vs DHA-3. You can check exactly same discussion going on at this most recent thread.

https://www.zameen.com/forum/answers/buying_property/dha3_or_i_16_or_b_17-31229.html

Laanat bhejo property per. Property k gubarey sey hawa nikal chuki hi. Ab kuch ni rakha property mn.

Property Mafia will soon lick dust

This is the time when rising inflation is leading to enhanced profit rates at National Savings and other bank accounts. A large number of people who were investing in property in last 3 years will now run towards saving schemes to get their money invested and get premium returns for sure. When the rates were low in these schemes, they were putting their money in plots, but now the economic cycle has turned, at least for the 3 years, if not 5.

At the moment no more charming investment in property so try to start or investment in any business.
Big brands in trouble like Dha and Bahria so avoid to investment in undeveloped land.
5 marla developed is 100 time better than one kanal undeveloped plot.Non brand should verify NOC before investment.
Very hard time in property market and it true.Dha,Bahria and many more are facing many cases and many more cases explore in near future.
Regards

Yes, there is no doubt about the diversification of investment portfolio and not to put all the (investment) eggs into same (revenue) basket, whether that is real estate, national savings or any other venture.

1. Real Estate: Property market has been stagnant post-mid year but it may not the be the first time or last time. It has happened before and will in future as any asset moves along the time in cyclic fashion with stagnation, sometimes negativity and then the growth. Post 2014 to mid 2018 has seen growth in general, in real estate so now stagnation may not be unnatural. Right now real estate worth more than 2+ million is facing a slow down but investments less than that are reasonable comparatively. Projects with small investments are at the moment ok than the bigger ones. Again, real estate is one option there can be many other lucrative and promising options.

2. Saving Schemes: National Savings can be a good option as recently Govt has increased premiums on savings but not very sure if that is 'interests' free. Moreover, for time being Govt. fiscal policies are like a headless chicken and fragile with mini-budgets, confused tax netting and PKR fragility. Also, in recent years, there have been issues with national savings too.

- ‘Biggest-ever’ fraud detected in National Savings schemes
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2018/11/05/fraud-worth-rs3-6-trillion-detected-in-national-savings-scheme-report/

- Strike at National Savings Causes Massive Losses
https://mettisglobal.news/strike-at-national-savings-causes-massive-losses/

The important thing is Right TIMINGS for Best Judged DECISIONS! - that is how investments grow.

3. Cases against the Big Fishes

I wish the cases and legalities were pursued the way they were started and on merit. But those cases now have started to fall like dry leaves in the wind of power & money.

Deal is on the table to buy out all clear chit!

Pay RS 500 Billion & your cases are dismissed- CJP to Malik Riaz

https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/pay-rs-500-billion-your-cases-are-dismissed-cjp-to-malik-riaz.667642/

SC lashes out at PTI govt for placing 172 names on ECL

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2018/12/31/sc-orders-review-of-decision-to-place-172-names-on-ecl/

Fake accounts: Supreme Court unfreezes Bahria Town’s accounts

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/01/fake-accounts-case-supreme-court-unfreezes-bahria-towns-accounts/

Imtiaz Sb, does this mean currently its good time for buying property if someone wants to build own home (rather than for selling purposes)?

As the common saying goes: 'The Right Time to invest in Real Estate is Now'. For the end buyers (people planning to buy real estate for personal usage, i.e., construction for living or rental), the best times are when market is down or stagnant. After that its going to go up because it has already been slow. The difference between crash and stagnation is that in crash most of the assets/entities start to see dips, whereas in a stagnation the market gets halted with no plus or minus (except for minor fluctuations) for a certain period of time.

Two of the most important factors:

- Holding Power: End Buyer can have long enough or lets say virtually unlimited holding power so for them market slow down is not a big deal as they can hold it long enough to sale at at their own will (if they ever wanted to). For investors, holding powers matters because they like to rotate assets. Market slow down or negativity can impact them as holding it for longer and waiting for gains may compromise their routine business.

- On ground and possessed property: Only in exceptional cases, for a possessed property (documents + land clear) to go into negative. Unless there emerge some litigations that can devalue a possessed property. Most vulnerable are files that accumulate high premiums on them. In such situations File-based investments can be risky as they have (original price + premium) and their original price may not go into negative but the paid high premium may drop and the buyer may see the negativity in the premium.

For example, see the following (copy pasted as seen/received with Society Name Omitted)

---------------
30x60 Open File
xx Series
2.60 paid
22 lakh profit

25x50 Open File
yy Series
Paid..... 110
Profit... 1350
---------------

The figure above are self-explanatory to show where does the risk and possible crash exists (i.e., when you pay 1350 as profit for a file whose original amount paid is 110 only). Mostly the dealers games to create artificial hikes. After purchasing the file on those figures, if you want to sell that and not getting 13.5 or plus as premium, than it is negative and sort of a crash.

*Views are based on personal experience and welcome for factual corrections, in case any obvious information has been missed out.

One baba ji says : Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful......

it is the time to invest......

the other baba ji says : I buy when everybody is selling.....

“He who dares wins” is not only the motto for the SAS but also holds true for most investment type situations in life. Its all about your appetite for risk. Nobody ever got rich by knowing the “sure thing” type of investment where there was a guaranteed %profit. No doubt in every situation and property is no exception there will be winners and losers. The problem is the general public only ever gets to hear about the winners and nobody sees the blood littered on the floor. My advice would be to do your own homework/research and check thrice before making the final decision. This is coming from a guy who invested in the Bitcoin as well as a few altcoins!.

Paper currency is the possessed property & bitcoins have acted like a property file... Differences have been obvious.

Yes, bottom line is research, educated decision and a bit of luck on top of others!

@Imtiaz, Your comparison between a property file in BT/DHA etc and Bit/alt coin is spot on. On a separate note, would you happen to know if flats/apartments in BT/DHA are sold on lease basis and if yes, how many years is the typical lease agreement period for plse?. Thanks & rgds

In Pakistan wherever you happened to be around any lesser or highly placed development, house construction is going on the logarithmic scale. That means the actual property business is not in deep trouble.
People are fearing to put money in property as time is approaching when no one will be able to buy a piece of land, even a small one, without having a tax number. No one wants to come under text net.
The ruling mafia knows that only this sector is left to mint money to their pockets. They know millions of houses required and millions more will be there in the time to come.
Even if investors take their money out from real-estate, the genuine houses demand is there to sustain the market.
However the golden days of property business are over but as plots are becoming cheaper and cheaper, the genuine demand for house making is on the rise in the populated societies, so is the commercial construction in those areas.
There is no problem in property business, mates, it is just factual correction which was written in stone!
People are still habitual of doubling money right after they buy but those days, as I said , are gone for some time, if not forever.

Rauf, I assume you mean, if people who buy from BT/DHA get their apartments on a leased based status rather than personal ownership? Could you add, if I may have a wrong interpretation of the the following ...

"if flats/apartments in BT/DHA are sold on lease basis"