Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Construction Cost questions and answers. All your Construction Cost questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional Construction Cost answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new Construction Cost question now.
SyedAmjad
( 642 posts )

[86 Answers]
I am sure a lot of people visiting this forum would be considering undertaking some house construction, sooner or later whether for residence or investment. Construction of a house does not necessarily have to be in one go and can be completed in stages. While planning for house building it is essential to have a fair assessment of the costs likely to be involved at different stages of construction to ensure smooth cashflows. The first major stage is the completion of grey structure. Can someone with relevant experience please post a rough boq list for completing the grey structure on a 10 marla plot (4500 sq.Ft)? Thanks!

2426 days ago In Construction Cost
    HT
    (1114 posts)
    On 35 x 75 with basement in bahria town ive spend almost 58 lacs to b exact with above average finishing.....
    Than on a 30 x 50 plot ive spend 40 lacs but this plot was in depression and minimum 9 feet had to be brought up before ground floor could start...
    So in the current market your looking at 1300 per sqft for above average house and state of the art finishing maximum its 1500 to 1600 per sqft/
    so over all 35 lacs should be ok and by summer i would imagine add an extra more or less 5 lacs..
      2399 days ago 

Sheikh Abdul..
      (1750 posts)
      I estimated it to be roughly 25-30 lakhs, based on my past experience but their has been big inflation since so the price you have mentioned sounds right.

Can you give a rough time scale of how long you would generally take to complete the project considering its only 5 marla but state of art development standards?
        2398 days ago 

DSA
        (1456 posts)
        Dear Sheikh Sb,

We gave you rates on the basis of recent material prices and also kept in mind for coming year escalation which client never like to give. Also we never did to give any
        interim bill to client once committed. Normally contractor attract clients to give them
        imaginary rates and then making lame excuses to get the rest of their profit later.

We commit and do legal contract with all specifications and scope of work and our clients always know what they have to get in these rates.

If Mr HT doing the social works it is not mean that every one can do as he is not running a complete design/execution firm like we do. He is actually expecting the actual cost of the project which is of course will be less than I quoted but it is also inclusive of our profits.

These are general rates and exact price can only be calculated once the layout and clients intentions are on paper.

Hope you guys understand and will not be in bad situation once you start your project.

Thanks and Regards

Zulfiqar
          2398 days ago 

HT
          (1114 posts)
          The structure takes about 1.5 months and than if you have finishing guys on the stand by than another 2 months it should all be done
            2398 days ago 

DSA
            (1456 posts)
            Dear Sheikh Sb,

Yes rates are for Lahore and Islamabad same.

Projects 5/10 marla house can be completed in 6 months
            and 1 Kanal can be one year.

Thanks and Regards
              2398 days ago 

HT
              (1114 posts)
              I agree with you DSA that i am not running a business and hence you are but one thing i ask myself that is the client willing to pay your office bills.The bigger the company the less they should charge because of the quantity of work they have on there hands and ppl like me should charge more because the limited work i choose to do.
              And i did mention 5 lacs extra for inflation which is on the maximum side.
              The estimate you gave was way over the top like 2500 i believe there is atleast Rs700 to 1000 extra going from the clients pocket to run your business.
              No offence to you or any other business.
                2397 days ago 

Adeel
                (54 posts)
                Dear HT first of all a bundles of thanks to contribute in that forum and to give us ur useful information and tips.
                Now i come toward my issue.
                I built a home for my self 3 years ago, single story.
                Mistri to whom we hired was a good in his job,
                but what happened that after 3 years i found cracks in my room wall, specially that area on the top of door and , which i believe is due to weight of lenter , because i have 3 feet wall on the top of door , and this crack is on both side of wall.
                I need the tips to get away that problem.

Secondly i found a crack at the bottom of my window which is also both sides.
                Plz help me out.

Our mistri did not raise any columns, only he made some beams on the top if window or door.

If i plan to raise the 2nd story i am worry that i am going to put more load on that cracked walls, so before i plan 2 nd story i need to get rid from that cracks .
                Please some solid solutions, will be highly appreciated.
                  2396 days ago 

DSA
                  (1456 posts)
                  Jis ka kaam usi ko sajhe....

This is worthful saying by elders.....

To avoid such things dont listn HT...He is doing his marketing on wrong cost ideas
                  and make clients confuse weather they should get HT rates in market or get works
                  done by professional experienced ppls to avoid such problems.

This is actually a problem in our society if they can get panadol from a medical store
                  they think they can get any medecine without consultation of a consultant and result so many die in this process....

Anyways hope HT will not confuse ppls by his actual cost whatever he is doing in his 1 in a year project and concentrate to do his own job which I hope he is doing perfectly.

This is not mean if you are working and doing your project you can satisfy others by the same.

Anyways Good luck to all to get what they actually looking for.

Regards

Zulfiqar
                  CEO
                  DSA
                    2396 days ago 

HT
                    (1114 posts)
                    I may be misleading ppl by giving lower rates but the fact is that i have build 3 houses in last 6 to 8 months and my estimates are backed by that.
                    I am not marketing nothing like i have mentioned i m not here to market my business or anything its just for information porposes.I make money from my own investments not others....
                    But i honestly welcome your concerns and most people who are on this forum have got construction expierence,let them be judge..

aur my brother ive never seen any one dieing because of panadol
                      2396 days ago 

DSA
                      (1456 posts)
                      This is what I said that you are quoting ppls actual cost and even dont know the quality or works.

Do not take on mind or heart and carry on your social work we have no objection at all.

Regards
                        2396 days ago 

Post Answer (86 Answers)
                        << < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL