Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Junaid

Expert Authority
1018 posts
1 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Construction Cost questions and answers. All your Construction Cost questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional Construction Cost answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new Construction Cost question now.
SyedAmjad
( 642 posts )

[86 Answers]
I am sure a lot of people visiting this forum would be considering undertaking some house construction, sooner or later whether for residence or investment. Construction of a house does not necessarily have to be in one go and can be completed in stages. While planning for house building it is essential to have a fair assessment of the costs likely to be involved at different stages of construction to ensure smooth cashflows. The first major stage is the completion of grey structure. Can someone with relevant experience please post a rough boq list for completing the grey structure on a 10 marla plot (4500 sq.Ft)? Thanks!

2052 days ago In Construction Cost
    HT
    (1115 posts)
    Best Answer
    AOA.
    CEMENT BAGS : AROUND 2000 TO 2500 MAX (including plastering and marble)
    BRICKS : 100,000/- TO 120,000/- give or take 5000 to 10,000/- bricks depending on the plot.

STEEL : NO MORE THAN 10 TO 13 TONS (WITHOUT BASEMENT)

GRAVEL AND SAND : ROUGH ESTIMATE IS 8 TO 10 TRUCKS EACH.(Gravel should be no more than 4 to 6 trucks)

yes that is just labour rates electrical and plumbing not included and electrical stuff is starts when the concreate is being filled in the lanter.

This estimate is according to my very recent project in bahria town phaze 4.(10 marla house).

If any contractors tells you other wise than he is boulshitting.If you wanna have your house built make sure you get all the material in the day time when your present there and measure it your self.they will tell you different stories that the trucks will drop at night blah blah blah.... Trust me they will con you at night. Dont go for very expensive bricks because they are only used for partitoning all the weight falls on column and beams so even an average brick will do.
    First lanter the steal bars should be put in the ratio of 6x6 this is the best even if your building for business or for your own residense. Second lanter the ratio can be 6x7 or 7x8 over that i wont recomment.ppl even put 8x9 aswell which is also ok but i dont go for cheap short cuts.

I hope this helps
      2048 days ago 

HT
      (1115 posts)
      AOA.

Your looking at 200 to 250(Grey structure) + depending on the location,and design aswell.... But thats about the average rates going in the market....

Key to key basis : Average house @ 1300 to 1500
      Good house @ 1500 to 1700
      In a class of its own house @ sky is the limit
        2051 days ago 

Real Estate ..
        (1046 posts)
        Hello sir,

@ H-T, what did you include in the grey structure.

regards,
        z@in N@deem
          2051 days ago 

HT
          (1115 posts)
          Aoa.

People have different definitions of grey structure but in my quotation it includes structure plastering and marble.
            2049 days ago 

Muhammad
            (283 posts)
            Iis it possible that i construct ground floor for now and leave 1st floor for later.

How much is the estimated cost for good contrsuction of ground floor only.

From where can i get a reliable contractor.

How much time it take normally.
              2049 days ago 

HT
              (1115 posts)
              Aoa

just calculate the total covered area with the rate mentioned by any contractor.Or just for info reasons take my quote mentioned above

depending on the size of the plot the grey structure for 5 marla it should be 50 days
              and just add another 5 to days by adding another 5 marlas.

I have worked on few projects if you like to visit them and decide for yourself.
                2049 days ago 

SyedAmjad
                (642 posts)
                @H-T. Thankyou for that useful information. From your post, I believe the cost of materials has not been included in the price of Rs 200-250/sq.ft and this is just labor, and your recommendation, which I read somewhere earlier, is to buy material yourself. Can you please also give an estimate, if possible, for the approximate quantities of following materials required for construction of double storey grey structure on 10 marla (4,500 sq ft):

Cement Bags:
                Bricks:
                Steel:
                Gravel & Sand:

This info should be really helpful as I believe these are the main materials required for the grey structure. If I missed anything you can add to the list. Thanks!

P.S. Is electrical wiring and plumbing not included in grey structure? I thought they have to be installed before the plastering.
                  2048 days ago 

HT
                  (1115 posts)
                  AOA.
                  Mr. Khan.

Thanks. Allah has rewarded me with so much got the most beautifull 2 kids Mashallah.
                  I love construction business but it has been polluted by most of the contractors.they try to rip off hard earned money of innocent people so atleast they can get an inside truth.
                    2048 days ago 

Prop Guide
                    (6961 posts)
                    Dear H--T,

You are doing a very good job. May Allah give you the reward.

Regards
                      2048 days ago 

SyedAmjad
                      (642 posts)
                      Very useful info H-T, Thankyou! Its good to know about the quantities, as prices change on a regular basis, but quantities are likely to remain constant, allowing some estimation at any time. Also, I think the estimates can also be used for upscaling or downscaling depending on plot size. Thanks again.
                        2048 days ago 

Post Answer (86 Answers)
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > >>
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL