Islamabad Highway Expansion Layout

Signal free islamabad highway expansion into 10 lane.

Http://epaper.Dawn.Com/detailnews.Php?Storytext=12_02_2015_153_006

Malik can you please share the link again. Its not working.

Is there any progress on that yet?

That is all great news but how will they squeeze 10 lanes under the Faizabaad interchange?

A good news for the nation.@Paki-1 why to squeeze down the FAIZABAD INTERCHANGE CLOVERLEAF , why not have a 10 lane beauty. Flying above the interchange instead.

Sorry MBS. I was out and Adnan posted the link.

By the way, in newspaper, it was a very small news item.

DK must be very happy for his investments at Bahria Town :-).

DK, seriously; you’ve got to be kidding me.

I think it is already 10 lanes-5 on each side till coral chowk/airport exit

Dear B.R Malik,

Many thanks for informing this great news.It's really good news for zone5.I hope it will be complete before MA.

Regards

Paki-1 brother ,when we look at beautiful double/triple flyovers in different directions in other countries ,then it makes us wish for one such in our own capital SIR.

Lets hope it materializes soon, I am sceptical as it looks like a planted story with that little end note , which says " Residents also appealed for early start of the Project…:slight_smile:

I agree with Matrix. Some property groups/mafias are very actively using news media to circulate stories which suits their vested interests. Every now and then you see a news story like that appear in the media with no head or tail. That doesn’t mean the project itself isn’t genuine. I am just saying some ppl are trying to cash in on it. Look at the progress on Margalla Avenue phase II. That is how things really get done.

DK bhai ... Islamabad is much more beautiful without double and triple flyovers. I never liked these concrete monstrosities. Islamabad's beauty lies in its greenery, its forests and hilly environment.

I wish Mian sahab had understood that before ruining the beautiful Jinnah Avenue with the Metro bridge going right through the middle of the road where we had a wide lush green belt.

Why could they not erect the metro bridge on the nullah running beside Fazal-e-Haq road on the back of Blue Area next to G-7 and G-6???

But they had to make it pass through the middle.

It is commonly believed that metro bus on Jinnah avenue was the wish of Shahbaz Sharif as he wanted “his” metro to be on most prominent place.

Metro bus= Asthma + Infections + Discomfort +

@Arshad…brother these are temporary problems …INSHAALLAH after a year from now it will be a comfort for many…WE should praise such developments(roads/bridges/highways/hospitals/schools) BUT THERE should be no corruption and dishonesty in such projects executions.

I think 10-Lane Expressway is already there till airport chowk. They need to extend it from airport chowk to Rawat. Please correct me if I have wrong information.

I think that kind of rush in the morning and evening hours on expressway till airport chowk they should make it 20 lane.

@irfan they will make it signal free also

Signal free is even more significant than lanes.

Ok got your point, Thanks. Signal Free is more important than lanes. As per my assessment, Nawaz Shareef is behind this idea & this project would be completed within their Govt time. Sides of this road would also be used for commercial activities.