Al-Mehran Cooperative Housing Society Sector 53-A KDA-Scheme-33

Hi,

I would like to know the current property price in Al-mehran cooperative housing society Khawaja mohammad hasan town Sector 53-a, kda scheme-33, karachi.

Its next to malir cantt dha and on malir link superhighway and also very close to hakim villas.

What is the 120 sq. Yards land price their? And what is the prospect of buying their?

Regards.

Where is this society, are you are asking about the gulshan-e-mehran ?

-----------------------------------------------------
Http://tinyurl.Com/qcspakistan

No its not in gulshan-e-mehran its very close to airport.. Here is the google map coordinates: 24.965401,67.18825

Search it in google maps above coordinates and you will find the location. Its owned by dadabhouy.

Price of 120 square yards is between 150 and 175 thousands and the price of 200 square yards is 250 thousands to 300 thousands. The society has plots of 400 square yards as well and i did not manage to get their prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, thanks for the reply some one from my close friends bought in that location 5 years ago and it was 720,000 for 120 sq yards, i wonder how come it dropped so much? And any chance in future that it will go up before i do the investment.

One day karachi will get the attention and appreciation which it deserves (inshaallah) but, for now hold on to your money, stay alert, informed and may be do not invest in al-mehran or gulshan-e-mehran like societies. Look for places like gulshan-e-maymar, saddi town etc; prices there should be lower than their actual worth/value.

----------------------------------------------------------------

@FooBar

Kindly mention any number of plots at your advised price, i.e 150k to 175k for a 120 square yard and 250k for a 200 square yard, I can offer you more than your mentioned prices if you have anything to sell, let me know.

About not investing in Gulshan-e-Mehran or Al-Mehran: There is absolutely No comparison between Maymaar / Ahsanabad and Mehran. Gulshan-e-Mehran / Al-Mehran have far superior location, you have to travel miles and miles 'after' Gulshan-e-Mehran to reach Maymaar, Gulshan-e-Mehran on the other hand is 10 minute drive from Shahrah-e-Faisal via Airport, excellent location, you don't need to go the other side of the Highway (No need to see Sohrab Goth Traffic Jams) and on top of it this area comes under Malir Cantonment.

Al-Mehran has the best location, plots next to Al-Mehran (inside the boundry wall, DOHS phase I) are at 3 Crore rupees for a 550 Square yard, as of today's market.

The only drawback to Al-Mehran is that society's site plan is still not approved by Malir Cantt. Hence the plots are not leased yet.

But thats not the case with Gulshan-e-Mehran, Plots in Gulshan-e-Mehran (Sindh Govt. Employees Co-operative Housing Society) are Leased and possession has been given by the society.

Gulshan-e-Mehran's Plot price of 400 square yards in area right next to Al-Mehran in Gulshan-e-Mehran 1-C Extension is 11 Lacs and at the said price there is no plot available.

The Price is rising in this part of Karachi, it is a safe and sound investment at such low prices.

(These are my own opinions after Years of Study of different parts of Karachi's real estate, please make your decisions on your Own, You yourself would be the one to blame, study thoroughly before taking any step).

@A Nice very nice.Detailed and informative analyzing.Mr.Zeeshan he is right if its approved by Malir cantt than the price will increase.Same thing if current operation going in right direction as these are areas affected by worst law and order situation(Only Dha,Shahrah-e-Faisal and adjacent areas,Gulshan and Askari rises during that)they are bound to increase.Sohrab goth is one of worst area consider no go area and these project give you alternate route through Sharah Faisal by Jinnah avenue which i might add one of best built and fast road in Karachi but most important suggestion he gave is to check yourself esp by agents working there so they tell u exactly what status of its approval or any chance in recent future.

@FooBar Maymar was and still is nice society but always that never hot favorite by investors as for both Ahsanabad and Maymar you have to travel kilometers even from main highway and there is already so many societies on superhighway for them.After current flooding of Saadi town its value goes even more because the dam which broke and caused flooding is remain in same condition no intention from govt of repairing it soon so cant rule out another flooding.Btw its good to see other contributors from Karachi.

@A

Even with the advantage of so called 10 minutes distance from the Shahrah-e-Faisal, people largely have no interest in these areas. In Karachi, with the current security situation it'll be insane for any body to consider these areas for future investments.

http://www.tinyurl.com/qcspakistan

Bombings going on virtually everyday in Karachi hence prices have pummelled down to the grounds. Also the level of violence there is increasing day by day due to lack of opportunities and gov is not doing much about it. If I were you, I would invest in Lahore or Islamabad. Avoid Karachi.

@FooBar

Please have a thorough trip of this particular area along the boundary lines of Malir Cantonment, I can assure you that at present it is safer than DHA, I am living in DHA, in phase 5, my neighbor (living just next to me) sold his house a few months ago and moved to Malir Cantonment, he had a robbery at his house, even with so many guards, they took jewelry and other stuff estimated at 6 to 10 Million Pakistani rupees (very rich guy). A few months before he had his nephew shot in his stomach while snatchers took his car with them.

And the house just before mine, they came at night, and the list goes on, May Allah keep us all safe, but if safety is your prime concern then nothing beats Malir Cantonment, I mean 'inside' of Malir cantt i.e DOHS phase I and DOHS phase II of Malir Cantt.

And about the so-called 10 minute drive from Shahrah-e-Faisal, I went there the other day it was 8 minutes to be precise :)

Dear @A, I live in Malir Cantt, I've a home there for the past 19 or 20 years(In Cantt Bazar Area). I know why robberies happen in Malir Cantt and all I also know all the areas around Malir Cantt. DHA has been unsafe for like may be ever. My very close family got robbed twice in the same night and they live in Phase 7 of DHA. I don't know why and how you can call the areas close to super high way safe for living. It is a troubled area and even a 10/8 minutes drive to them has not increased their values and interest.

http://tinyurl.com/qcspakistan

Thanks @FooBar for letting me know :) but why would you call it a bad place when compared to Maymaar or Ahsanabad, you don't need to go through the worst to reach Gulshan-e-Mehran, so in my humble opinion at current prices this place holds a lot of charm if we look at the prices of Karachi all over.

I mean a 100 square yard Residential plot of DHA at 105 lacs having no security ? Is it worth it if so then I'd say a 400 yard plot at 10 lacs is a steal, compare it to Taiser Town's official price of 12 Lacs for a 400 yard one, people stood in lines for those and only 1 out of 10 got it and they felt like they have won a lottery or something.

The time has come for this area, I am all in for it, lets see what future holds.

Gulshan-e-Mehran Sector 1 and 2, Al-Mehran are not on Super Highway they are on Jinnah Avenue.

@A Before this link road between National Highway and Super highway, people used Malir Cantt gate number 2 and gate number 5 or 6 to cross over to and from super to national and converse. Few of my friends while studying in Baqai Medical used to temporarily stay at my home near and during their exams as their houses were on the other side of the city and they had to daily travel a lot to reach their college. To keep the long story short the link road is really awesome thing which happened to the whole city of Karachi, but also keep in mind that whole of the city is divided on sectarian basis(political parties basis), just visit the part of the university road which links the NIPA chowrangi and safora goth and, this is the future of that link road too, lets hope I'm really really wrong.

http://tinyurl.pk/qcspakistan

@A and others... The lease of Al-Mehran society had been started 1 year ago and some of my relatives who have the plots over there have got the lease. Obviously i was a bit confused because the prices got reduced recently as @FooBar mentioned that its around 200,000 for 120sq yards plot but obviously any one who bought it 5 years ago for 720K + another 90K for obtaining lease will not sell it for such price.

@A: I know some one who is selling at Al-Mehran society 2 plots 120sq yards each but he was waiting for some good price quote. According to FooBar it its 200K each plot then he will obviously will not sell it.

I do believe that due to its close proximity with Jinnah Terminal and just next to Malir Cantt DOHS phase 5 its prices should goes up. Also, the recent political situation in Karachi where rangers and police have started the operation i hope if things goes well then prices will increase. By the way I found out that there is 1 house already been built at Al-Mehran society. Any way i will try to get some more information on this.

And yes I do agree with most of you that these days almost whole Karachi is not safe. I have a house in Wireless gate and there was a robbery happened few days ago at our house, they took some jewellary and money... Our area was ok before only occassional robberies but these days so many groups in Karachi that its not safe.

But again its still attracting people and the way population is increasing the property in the mainstream market is difficult to get that is why I was thinking to get some thing over here with reasonable amount. The other factor is that there is very less chance of land grabbing mafia going over there.. Because it belongs to Dadabhouy (very strong party).

The current quote I got for a 240 square yard plot at Al-Mehran was 6.5 lac rupees, recently a plot of 400 square yard next to grave was sold for 9 lacs, broker quoted the same to me for 11 lacs but it was sold by some other broker for 9 lacs.

Brokers in this part are playing a negative role, they don't sell a property for their 1% or 2% commission but they only sell if they get a good 1 lac or 2 as their share, so be careful.

To me, only 2 Brokers look honest as I have dealt with them and we have struck a few deals, they are:

-Annas of Annas Jibrail Estate. -Imran at Rajput Enterprises.

One more thing that I must share with you that:

-The part of Al-Mehran touching the Boundary wall of DOHS phase 1 are not a safe investment because according to Karachi's Master plan a 200 feet wide road will be passing through, next to the boundary, so, the plots next to boundary will become the new 200 feet wide road.

-Leases (about 100 of them) were sent to the registrar a Year back and according to a trusted broker they have been put on halt because No NOC from Malir Cantt. Was given, kindly shed some light on it if you have more info.

Lahore & Islamabad had their turn, its Karachi's turn now.

Lahore's real estate was stuck for years, but in the past 2 years it has quadrupled, take the example of DHA phase 9's file: It was 14 Lacs 2 years ago, today it is 55 lacs. I see very little juice left in Lahore.

About Islamabad, it was good when a far flung area like E-16 / 17 was selling at 14 - 16 lacs, but now it is around 35 lacs, and it is so damn away from Zero point.

When Karachi's DHA rise I see a solid reason behind it, there is no more Land left, it is locked by the sea from 3 sides, and off coarse the law and order condition of Karachi make people run towards DHA, but it has gone over the top now, 25 lac rupee 100 square yard (4 marla) plot has gone up to 110 lac rupees in phase 8, either you can make a small house on it and park your car outside or make it your car parking, what more can you do with a 100 yard plot ?

@A Agree with you of the potential of in but still don't find any rush to there.Saw the boom of scheme 33 from 2002-3 to 2007.As you know most investor also works in stock exchange and not much interest there everyone waiting for output of operation and most top priority still Lahore & Islamabad.Two more friends just bought there last week but you know the mind set of investors when they find good return in Karachi market will switch from there to here.Defence is reach its zenith and our esteemed friend Shafi Jakvani of citi assocites predict it will fall in mid or later 2014.Have to give the credit to him of correctly predicting of uprising of Dubai and Defence market in 2008-09.At the time DCK is only game in town.

@Zeeshan Dont value so much on Dadabhouy name ek tu waisay hi un logon ko mushkil waqt chal raha hai second you don't seem to have experience of land encroachment on your property and i pray to Allah no one have as i had.Still few of our properties encroached in scheme 33 and gulistan jauhar.in 2007 was encroached by group of govt party,kda clean it 1 year ago now its again encroached by another group which also got govt support.Get the picture????The biggest reason of karachi law and order worst situation is land grabbing,Cant name the groups/parties here u know zameen.com policy but rem the Madhu goth near Safari park clash????know the story of Marvi Farm encroachment???Khalid got himself so much money and power even he appeal in national newspapers but to no avail.One more thing @A and me discussing as investment opportunities but nobody in his right mind have to think to buy there or many parts of scheme 33 for living esp with family.Know the wireless gate situation too saw the fight myself of taking hold of Falak Naz apartments.Always took the first left cut after railway crossing for going Rafah-e-Aam society but quit it now

@A and @FooBar Need your valuable inputs in this thread if you can http://www.zameen.com/forum/answers/buying_property/buying_a_house_in_karachi-3099.html