Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Property Evaluation discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Property Evaluation advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Property Evaluation discussion.
Zeeshan Khan
( 5 posts )

[26 Replies]
Hi,

I would like to know the current property price in
Al-mehran cooperative housing society
Khawaja mohammad hasan town
Sector 53-a, kda scheme-33, karachi.

Its next to malir cantt dha and on malir link superhighway and also very close to hakim villas.

What is the 120 sq. Yards land price their? And what is the prospect of buying their?

Regards.

2681 days ago In Property Evaluation
    Post Answer
    FooBar
    (55 posts)
    Where is this society, are you are asking about the gulshan-e-mehran ?

-----------------------------------------------------
    Http://tinyurl.Com/qcspakistan
      2680 days ago 

Zeeshan Khan
      (5 posts)
      No its not in gulshan-e-mehran its very close to airport.. Here is the google map coordinates: 24.965401,67.18825

Search it in google maps above coordinates and you will find the location. Its owned by dadabhouy.
        2679 days ago 

FooBar
        (55 posts)
        Price of 120 square yards is between 150 and 175 thousands and the price of 200 square yards is 250 thousands to 300 thousands. The society has plots of 400 square yards as well and i did not manage to get their prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
          2678 days ago 

Zeeshan Khan
          (5 posts)
          Hmm, thanks for the reply some one from my close friends bought in that location 5 years ago and it was 720,000 for 120 sq yards, i wonder how come it dropped so much? And any chance in future that it will go up before i do the investment.
            2678 days ago 

FooBar
            (55 posts)
            One day karachi will get the attention and appreciation which it deserves (inshaallah) but, for now hold on to your money, stay alert, informed and may be do not invest in al-mehran or gulshan-e-mehran like societies. Look for places like gulshan-e-maymar, saddi town etc; prices there should be lower than their actual worth/value.

----------------------------------------------------------------
              2676 days ago 

A
              (13 posts)
              @FooBar

Kindly mention any number of plots at your advised price, i.e 150k to 175k for a 120 square yard and 250k for a 200 square yard, I can offer you more than your mentioned prices if you have anything to sell, let me know.

About not investing in Gulshan-e-Mehran or Al-Mehran: There is absolutely No comparison between Maymaar / Ahsanabad and Mehran.
              Gulshan-e-Mehran / Al-Mehran have far superior location, you have to travel miles and miles 'after' Gulshan-e-Mehran to reach Maymaar, Gulshan-e-Mehran on the other hand is 10 minute drive from Shahrah-e-Faisal via Airport, excellent location, you don't need to go the other side of the Highway (No need to see Sohrab Goth Traffic Jams) and on top of it this area comes under Malir Cantonment.

Al-Mehran has the best location, plots next to Al-Mehran (inside the boundry wall, DOHS phase I) are at 3 Crore rupees for a 550 Square yard, as of today's market.

The only drawback to Al-Mehran is that society's site plan is still not approved by Malir Cantt. Hence the plots are not leased yet.

But thats not the case with Gulshan-e-Mehran, Plots in Gulshan-e-Mehran (Sindh Govt. Employees Co-operative Housing Society) are Leased and possession has been given by the society.

Gulshan-e-Mehran's Plot price of 400 square yards in area right next to Al-Mehran in Gulshan-e-Mehran 1-C Extension is 11 Lacs and at the said price there is no plot available.

The Price is rising in this part of Karachi, it is a safe and sound investment at such low prices.

(These are my own opinions after Years of Study of different parts of Karachi's real estate, please make your decisions on your Own, You yourself would be the one to blame, study thoroughly before taking any step).
                2638 days ago 

Kk
                (156 posts)
                @A
                Nice very nice.Detailed and informative analyzing.Mr.Zeeshan he is right if its approved by Malir cantt than the price will increase.Same thing if current operation going in right direction as these are areas affected by worst law and order situation(Only Dha,Shahrah-e-Faisal and adjacent areas,Gulshan and Askari rises during that)they are bound to increase.Sohrab goth is one of worst area consider no go area and these project give you alternate route through Sharah Faisal by Jinnah avenue which i might add one of best built and fast road in Karachi but most important suggestion he gave is to check yourself esp by agents working there so they tell u exactly what status of its approval or any chance in recent future.

@FooBar
                Maymar was and still is nice society but always that never hot favorite by investors as for both Ahsanabad and Maymar you have to travel kilometers even from main highway and there is already so many societies on superhighway for them.After current flooding of Saadi town its value goes even more because the dam which broke and caused flooding is remain in same condition no intention from govt of repairing it soon so cant rule out another flooding.Btw its good to see other contributors from Karachi.
                  2637 days ago 

FooBar
                  (55 posts)
                  @A

Even with the advantage of so called 10 minutes distance from the Shahrah-e-Faisal, people largely have no interest in these areas. In Karachi, with the current security situation it'll be insane for any body to consider these areas for future investments.

----------------------------------

http://www.tinyurl.com/qcspakistan

2635 days ago 

A
                    (13 posts)
                    @FooBar

Please have a thorough trip of this particular area along the boundary lines of Malir Cantonment, I can assure you that at present it is safer than DHA, I am living in DHA, in phase 5, my neighbor (living just next to me) sold his house a few months ago and moved to Malir Cantonment, he had a robbery at his house, even with so many guards, they took jewelry and other stuff estimated at 6 to 10 Million Pakistani rupees (very rich guy). A few months before he had his nephew shot in his stomach while snatchers took his car with them.

And the house just before mine, they came at night, and the list goes on, May Allah keep us all safe, but if safety is your prime concern then nothing beats Malir Cantonment, I mean 'inside' of Malir cantt i.e DOHS phase I and DOHS phase II of Malir Cantt.

And about the so-called 10 minute drive from Shahrah-e-Faisal, I went there the other day it was 8 minutes to be precise :)
                      2635 days ago 

FooBar
                      (55 posts)
                      Dear @A, I live in Malir Cantt, I've a home there for the past 19 or 20 years(In Cantt Bazar Area). I know why robberies happen in Malir Cantt and all I also know all the areas around Malir Cantt. DHA has been unsafe for like may be ever. My very close family got robbed twice in the same night and they live in Phase 7 of DHA. I don't know why and how you can call the areas close to super high way safe for living. It is a troubled area and even a 10/8 minutes drive to them has not increased their values and interest.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/qcspakistan
                        2635 days ago 

Post Answer (26 Replies)
                        1 2 3 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL