Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Zubair Amjad
( 2 posts )

[22 Replies]
Salam,

Which one of the mentioned options would be better in the long run if one has to buy a plot for living?

Please share your expert opinions.

14 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Abdul Qayyum
    (2240 posts)
    Zubair sb

No doubt CDA Pak envlave is the best for living as well as for investment:

1: Access much shorter and straight forward whereas Bahria access is a pain and will get even worse in future as you have to go through village market plus Long 20 km from faizabad flyover.

2: Holds CDA tag which is to some people?, still a fantasy saying " I live in Islamabad ".

3: Has boundary wall

Bahria more green, more clean better managed and have malls inside but still if one wraps up all prose n cons plus long drive to bahria especially in late night hours in veerana , Pak enclve is and will keep taking the lead in future.
      14 days ago 

Isloo1
      (801 posts)
      Zubair,

CDA Park Enclave enjoyes unique location advantage as AQ sb said. It has level land, direct access to Park Road, multile access, CDA's name and a higher price tag. But on the down side, it is small community surrounded by villages and one hell of a boring place.

Bahria Enclave is deep inside with conjestion and speed breakers on Kuri road. There'll be lot of traffic in future as 5-6 large universities/schools and a software technology park in the area, and businesses in BE commercials become operational and Kuri Model Town is built and populated. On top of it, typical chakar-bazian of Malik Riaz and his clan. But on the up side it is a self-contained, fully resourced and stylish living with a vibrant community with billions invested in housing and businesses. And the base investment in plots is lower than PE.

So end of the day, it is your choice, do you want to live in an accessible and boring place, or a remote but vibrant community with lot of fun going around you.

Investment wise, CDA tu phir CDA hey. You can not beat it. Period.
        14 days ago 

Ilyas
        (444 posts)
        :)
          14 days ago 

Imtiaz
          (1803 posts)
          As much as I am an advocate of CDA sectors and projects - as far as price appreciation & liquidity - recently, CDA has become an absolute mess.

-- In some sectors without going into names, allottees have been waiting for transfer letters to be issues for 6+ months.

-- People paid money to buy plot, paid CGT to Govt. Transfer Fee to CDA to get it transferred to their names and later realise that there were irregularities within CDA and transfer letters have been put on hold.

-- Per the claims, in previous years 'Mutasreen e CDA'/People Who sold land to CDA paid insider guys to increase size of their land (in documents) and later CDA realised such irregularities and it's the end buyers suffering.

-- Not that long ago CDA was after Safaa Gold Mall to retrieve the land that it claimed was for CDA hospital but illegally sold as commercial. By whom none other than CDA.

My point, unless that mess is sorted out just be careful for whatever bought in CDA as you may have CDA issued transfer letter on your name but CDA send you notice that there is an issue on the actual (first owner) allotment of a particular plot! Even the possession one getting into issues!

BE has its own share of mess and blessings!

14 days ago 

EmJay
            (106 posts)
            I would recommend that you visit both the places with your family...meet a couple of dealers there and get a briefing...and possibly, meet some families.

Then the decision will be your own.

My vote is for Bahria Enclave
              14 days ago 

Nadeem Ahmed
              (4391 posts)
              Park Enclave is best option for investment as for future living because of location and best access.
              Regards
                14 days ago 

Zubair Amjad
                (2 posts)
                Thank you all for your valuable input.Much appreciated!

A good location plot of 1 kanal in Bahria enclave is somewhere at 17.5 million to 22 million whereas in Park enclave it stands at minimum 25 million.

However I have been told that this price gap won't make much difference due to high construction cost in bahria.

Please let me know your thoughts.
                  14 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                  (2240 posts)
                  Zubair sb

Just one thing I cannot understand regarding bahria construction cost!

We are in earth quake zone and if bahria makes you to construct sound for any plate activity which is frequently happening, why we cannot appreciate BT standards?

End of the day we are beneficiary not bahria?
                    13 days ago 

Sohail Khan
                    (308 posts)
                    Agreed, specially if one is making his own home, should never compromise for just saving few millions.

Yes in property business access and location matters always in price appreciation as mostly population's need linked to both this basic factors.

However once again for personal living it is not on profit making but on your personal Happiness and quality of life, therefore as an example if one feeling happy even living in Pir Sohawa resort area for peaceful, natural and scenic atmosphere is also 100% wise.
                      13 days ago 

Imtiaz
                      (1803 posts)
                      AQ sb, adding the fact that, BT etc. try to compensate for filled land at the burden on constructor's pocket! I appreciate BT standards but in many cases they are to benefit BT rather than constructor due to quality of land underneath. Since standards remains pretty much same across, in many cases they benefit the structure and in many they are just to compensate the structure on poor soil underneath.

I have seen plazas falling in BT LHR. Houses cracked just under ceiling in P8. So all of that is actually not the constructor in benefit and appreciation bit but in a few cases constructor paying for developers' ambition to convert each inch of available land to residential or commercial. It's pretty obvious in any unfortunate incidence of a jolt, it's the filled land that is more prone to damage and cracking.

One of the good thing with CDA, I haven't witnessed any land filling. If it's depression, keep it that as that is and in many sectors we will see natural excavated land being kept empty and not filled to be sold as a plot!

-----
                      We had a dedicated thread on this topic sometime ago!

"Bahria town construction standards - is that all a hoax?"

https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/bahria_town_construction_standards_is_that_all_a_hoax_-29844.html
                        13 days ago 

Post Answer (22 Replies)
                        1 2 3 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL