Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Isloo1

Expert Authority
1098 posts
7 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Investor
( 168 posts )

[1332 Replies]
Pakistani rupee value is doing a nose dive and currency value has depreciated 30% compared to british pounds since 2017.

I bought 2 plots back in 2015 in bahria town. Even though the price of plots have gone up by 10% each year, the value of currency however depreciated and the investment is completely worthless.

Anyone seeing anything positive coming out of pakistan's economy in the next few years?

952 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Isloo1
    (1090 posts)
    @Asad, I most SINCERELY hope and PRAY it happens as you say.
      70 days ago 

Imtiaz
      (2438 posts)
      Gents being an Optimist or Pessimist could be a preference (because desires say so), being Realist must be a compulsion (because data reflects so).

IMF Projection for Percentage Growth of GDPs:

Region: 2021 | 2022

- Global: 5.5 | 4.2

- PRC: 8.10 | 5.6 

- IND:  11.5 | 6.0

- PAK: 1.5 | 4.0

- BDH:  4.4 | 7.9
        70 days ago 

Asad Cheema
        (26 posts)
        @Imtiaz

Projections work as per fiscal year which is usually June of Year X till June of Year X+1... Pakistan's growth for fiscal year 2020-2021 (which is finishing) is 1.5%... For next fiscal year it is 4% and for the one after that it is 5.5% . So your comparison is slightly incorrect, it should say PAK: 4.0|5.5

Note that we are one of the few countries that have a positive growth during corona times... Our economy has done quite well in such difficult times.
          70 days ago 

Imtiaz
          (2438 posts)
          Asad sb, thanks for adding.

Yes FY cycle is Jun-Jun, the subsequent years. The above data, as per Calander Yaer, i.e., Jan-Dec.

Factual Correction: However, still, 2021-2022 FY GDP is not 5.5. (per IMF and independent evaluators)

** Its our Govt. ambition, target to make it grow to 5.5 that too by end 2023

Here are the 10 years data, 2016 - 2025 (2021 and beyond anything is a projection)

4.56, 5.22, 5.53, 1.91, -0.39, 1.5, 4.05, 4.52, 5.0, 5.2

As you can see, independent projection (not Govt. of Pakistan) projects it to be at 5.0 by the end of years 2024 or lets say mid of FY 2024-2025

=============

I would like, if you please share and that for sure enlighten myself and other forumers too. As things stand now PAK

- fell from 5.5+ to 1.9 (pre-COVID),
          - reached -0.34 (during COVID),
          - stand somewhere at 1 - 1.5 as of now

Neighboring mainstream countries have a rebound in 2021 much higher!

70 days ago 

Ilyas
            (527 posts)
            Dear All,

Please read all the comments under the subject " Devaluation of Pakistani currency" since November 2018..... This is very interesting topic for the buck($) lovers vs Real estate..... The discussion will prove you " who is who & what is what"........ Very important lessons are there.....
              69 days ago 

Sohail Khan
              (392 posts)
              Some one now starts accepting "dar" was maintaining rupee value artificially, earlier was saying its not carrot, or wheat to maintain fake values :)

slowly slowly will accept other realities also.
                69 days ago 

Sohail Khan
                (392 posts)
                Ilyas Khana, welcomeback !

in curency matters Here no one is arasto to listen to always, i was in plan of investing again in pakiatsn but could not travel so I transfered some bucks few months back in Naya Pakistan shariya certificates, it will be mature in this month.

giving me currency correction 8% plus 10% profit. now will invest in property or otherwise will fix for another 6 months.

If was listening prediction of 185 , then gai Bhains pani me.
                  69 days ago 

Imtiaz
                  (2438 posts)
                  Same thread, same folks, just 838 days apart:

==================
                  I wrote:

"Some interesting predictions, may or may not come true.

Prediction in 1 years is approx 164 PKR/USD, if that comes true than 4 years prediction will most likely become a reality with approx 192PKR/USD."

https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/devaluation_of_pakistani_currency-30943-9.html

=================

Fast Forward 2 Years!! now beat that prediction!!!

Yes, you read that Right, *Predicted* that to 164 in 1 Year Frame 838 Days (approximately 2 years back) Follow the Link to Double Check.

You can say Thanks or Sorry later on, whichever you prefer as one of them becomes due :)
                    69 days ago 

Ilyas
                    (527 posts)
                    Sohail Khana wroora manana, i have been around but i do not see you around.... I do not know sharia certificate or something like that but in long terms that is mathematical suicide when compared with a standard currency..... In Pak, nothing works other than real estate or if you have a unique idea...... On your next visit to pak, please pay a visit to DHA Peshawar and multi orchards and residencia AWAIN(da maza da para)............

& Take advices of Nadeem sahib as well He is all times guru and very honest soul i have ever seen before.....

For investment in currency... the only time you can earn in short time is when the THRONE in Pakistan is about to change.....
                      69 days ago 

Imran A.
                      (130 posts)
                      Cheaper dollar rate ko chatein jab GDP growth hi negative hai and unemployment is on rise and industry is on a decline.

Think this
                        68 days ago 

Post Answer (1332 Replies)

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL