Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Isloo1

Expert Authority
1098 posts
7 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Investor
( 168 posts )

[1332 Replies]
Pakistani rupee value is doing a nose dive and currency value has depreciated 30% compared to british pounds since 2017.

I bought 2 plots back in 2015 in bahria town. Even though the price of plots have gone up by 10% each year, the value of currency however depreciated and the investment is completely worthless.

Anyone seeing anything positive coming out of pakistan's economy in the next few years?

952 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Isloo1
    (1090 posts)
    It is always good to keep some bucks in shariah compliant investment schemes. It gives dividend and higher liquidity, that is, you can encash whenever needed. Property gives higher returns, only if bought and sold at the right time. But then your money is stuck for a long time and you can not draw a single penny from your plots worth crores until sold.

CASH IS KING.

as they say.

68 days ago 

Imtiaz
      (2438 posts)
      Imran Brother, among all these technicalities of Currency and Economics ...

At times, its good to pretend to be a Cult Follower with Ultimate Claim:

صاحب اگر معیشت تباہ کر رھے ھیں تو کچھ سوچ کر ھی کر رھے ھونگے ...

(End of Story)
        68 days ago 

Sohail Khan
        (392 posts)
        @ Isloo, agreed cash is king :)

some properties needs ages to be liquified, so what's the benefit of such values.

I was used to have one senior Indian friend with me in the company, he was just trusting the cash and cash only. He invested all his earnings in such calculative way that till the age of 90 he will be getting the decent monthly cash income to have a comfortable life including unforeseen situations and may leave some bucks also for his kids before dying.

We being Muslims cannot do this but also important to have some in liquid form also.
          68 days ago 

Sohail Khan
          (392 posts)
          Since they are around now in UAE, it is famous about Jewish that they never struck their money in properties for long, they just act like bees to suck the juice of the flowers and fly to other one,

so any countries launching dollar bounds or any desperate interest rates or stocks exchange are their targets, otherwise the business of their own.

we are sitting waiting appreciation of B-17 from 20 years in the HOPE one day MA will be completed :)
            68 days ago 

Ilyas
            (527 posts)
            Wa zamoonga Sohail Khana,
            Sometimes i come to a conclusion that life is nothing but a math........Your indian friend will enjoy milk even at the age of 90 but he will not have the cow or will have not control of the cow...... Instead of buying cow for others and he enjoys milk only, Why should he not buy cow himself and then hire a man to feed the cow?????? ( matlab mi da da, Why should he not buy a shop or commercial unit and enjoy the rent for the rest of life and he can shuffle the investment once matured or keep enjoying the milk while having control of the Cow).........Why should others enjoy his hard earned money and just taste the milk which is adulterated with water, Chemicals and much more..........

In my life experience " NO ONE WILL EARN FOR YOU EXCEPT YOU"

or i will quote a kafir baba ji

" THERE IS NOT SUCH THING AS FREE LUNCH"

You can follow Indian uncle ji or Jew, Our cousins, but in your own Mathematics wisely..........
              68 days ago 

Ilyas
              (527 posts)
              Sohail Khana sta ov da Isloo Naghd maal khwakh da..... translate it for isloo as you please.....
                68 days ago 

Ilyas
                (527 posts)
                """"we are sitting waiting appreciation of B-17 from 20 years in the HOPE one day MA will be completed :)""""""""

WAYI DA GHAREEB MOOLA PA AZAAN SOOK ROOJA NA MAATAWAI(Translae it for isloo in Gulabi urdu please)......

In 2018 or 2019, I had requested you to visit F commercials of B-17, In those days the OWN was 40 lac, Now it is around 3 to 4 caror for 10 marla Markaz Plot........... :D
                  68 days ago 

Isloo1
                  (1090 posts)
                  Ilyas bro, My Maths is simple, it is 70-30 rule. Put 70% in long-term (10+ years) with part of it in rental property, and rest 30% in more "liquid" options, such as: mutual funds, stocks, bonds (of course, non-interest based) or foreign currency and gold.

Property investment returns are non-linear. They move with triggers. Maybe you get 10% increase in 10 years, and 100% in just 1 year. Its all about price drivers. So when you do your maths, place these triggers on timeline with an anticipated percentage value of increase. Assign likelihood (probability) to each trigger. That will give you good base for buy/selling timing.

We all do this maths intuitively. It would be fun if someone comes up with an equation for this. (I am sure there already exist such formula, perhaps some financial expert here can enlighten us).

68 days ago 

Ilyas
                    (527 posts)
                    Isloo bubba, If you are keeping the 30% for the rainy days in any form and readily available when needed then i am fine with that.... But i never derived an effective formula for long terms investment in mutual funds etc and i got a big No....A man had dumped his buck in fixed deposit in 2012 and when i calculated the end result in 2020 so he was standing in the same shoes as in 2012...

Stock is a big game on Trump's planet..... That needs pretty knowledge, experience and patience....

Mathematical equation? Each individual will have to drive own empirical formula because my IF may be your BUT and vice versa.....
                      68 days ago 

Zubair
                      (204 posts)
                      Dear Brother Isloo1,

Can you please explain/simplify the terms triggers and probability etc to get an idea of buying selling time.

It’s quite informative but I could not understand how to use it practically.
                        68 days ago 

Post Answer (1332 Replies)

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL