Living cost in BT Rawalpindi.

I want to buy or build a house in BT, but I just heard that BT is very expensive regarding Utility charges etc. Could any one elaborate it why people say that.

Maintenance Charges: 10 Marla: 2500/month Safari Villa: 2800/month (not confirmed) 1 Kanal: 3375/month 2 Kanal: 6625/month 2 Bed apartment: 1900/month

Maintenance includes facilities like plumbing, electrician, garden/lawn maintenance, fire-brigade, security etc.

Utilities like Gas, Phone and Electricity rates are same as charged outside Bahria Town. If someone tells you that BT charges higher rate per unit, they are lying. I live in Bahria so I know what I pay.

@Zeb : It apply to BT own built houses or everybody. I also want to know if I rented my Safri Home who will pay these charges owner or the person who is living?

1 Like

@Zeb: You are absolutely right. One of my colleagues belongs to BT Lahore and he pays a lump sum amount of 1500/ month for 8 marla house which includes water supply charges, street cleaning, lawn & garden maintenance, street light service, security, etc.

I don't think it is a huge amount, rather general public, residing outside of the societies, is paying more e.g. a 10 marla house which is situated in any urban area, is billed round about 1200/ month for a Single facility that is water supply.

@Tanveer : Yes I agreed with you. Its not a big amount the facilities they are providing. But I think it is good for BT too if they mentioned all the things on their WEB site, so people knows all about it.

@Shahid: The charges apply to every property (be it developed or under construction). If you rent out your villa, the tenant will pay these charges since he will be availing those facilitates.

As far as I know they come up with unexpected charges too for maintenance or cleaning stuff. And there doesn’t seem to be a standard schedule of charges?

Hm, I want to join the discussion.

Is there any problem of load shading in Bahria Town Islamabad?

I heard they have their own power management system? And No Power failure there?

I am planning to move Bahria Town Islamabad from Karachi, which society is the best in Bahria Town? Like Safari Homes, Safari Villas, and all other phases? Please assist me to choose where to go.

I am living in Bahria Town (on rent) and apart from the monthly maintenance charges, I haven’t paid a penny extra to Bahria Town. They did increase the monthly charges a year ago but the residents have a union that protested against it and the charges were reversed. They recently increased that charges again but considering the inflation rate it was justified.

@Muhammad Imran: Last year, they did load shedding for a couple of weeks (1-2 hours/day) but it stopped and since then, no load shedding so far. BT has its own grid station and backup generators to provide consistent power supply during power outage. If you plan to move, I recommend safari villas 1,2,3 or phase 1-5. If you have less budget, you can consider Bahria phase 8 (Bahria homes etc).

Thanks Zeb.

You are very kind to answer me. Thanks again for helping me. What catches me in Bahria Town is peach, beauty, energy. I will visit safari villas inshAllah soon.

You are welcome… load shedding was the main reason i moved to bahria town 3 years ago and i am glad i did.

No load shedding is a plus point, plus for all these facilities 24/7, i don’t think they charge high, rates are very reasonable.

Its a rich mans place to live. If your on a good salary then it should not be a problem…especially with the maintenance charges!

Is there any apartment available on installments to buy. In bahria town. I am interested. Or any house 7 marla on installments.

Off the topic , what is the rent for 10 marla house at Phase 5?

I would imagine the rent around 55 to 65 thousand

Hmmm my family in Pak rented quite cheap for just 35 K(i can say Khuda kee naam per).

Is it doubble storey or single???

Dear

It is double story and corner house (5 bed rooms, servant room)...