Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Upcoming Projects discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Upcoming Projects advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Upcoming Projects discussion.
Ch Shahid
( 278 posts )

[1453 Replies]
Yesterday PM Nawaz Sharif approved the road network for new Islamabad airport. There will be two roads one for people coming from Rwp/Isb and one for people coming from Chakri, Chakwal, Sargodha etc.

The main road from rwp/isb will start from Golra more Haji camp towards new airport. It will pass through sector i-14,15,16,17, mouza noon and bajnial. This road will also have fence line. And the second road will be from thallian interchange towards new airport, this road will also handle cargo traffic. All the aviation related commercial activities will be on this road because it has no fence line. Pm Nawaz Sharif also ordered immediate construction for this project.

2353 days ago In Upcoming Projects
    Post Answer
    Ali
    (631 posts)
    Topcityy & University Town both r on plus side. This is the best alignment. If Golra Army depot is not shifted then this portion of Road has to be widened from both sides on the road. If you receive minutes of Cabinat Div. Then kindly share with us at this forum. However, these are in NBBIA office. I am trying for this.
      2341 days ago 

Malik Majeed
      (476 posts)
      Our currupt and 'shatir' beurocracy, 'ghhaghh' ministers with their greedy relatives and friends and above all our 'masoom' PM.
      Nothing surprising what is happening to the fate of general public in PK.

See this:
      http://e.jang.com.pk/08-29-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=611.gif
        2341 days ago 

Ch Shahid
        (278 posts)
        Just read news paper.
        But majeed sahab this seems to be a paid story. Because reporter was unaware of ground realities. KH extension was only beneficial for top city and mumtaz city. What about those people who are living in the surroundings of these socities. If we look at new alignment than we will come to know how beneficial it is for cda sectors, and the people who lives near these sectors. Also this new alignment reduces distance for those people who are traveling towards airport.

@Ali
        This new alignment is proposed by ministry of defence so they are well aware of depot there. Also Right of way already available there.

Instead of development they have started politicising the issue now.
          2341 days ago 

Malik Majeed
          (476 posts)
          Ch. Shahid sb: Prime need of the road is to link the airport with Capital and Rawalpindi as well as perople travelling from GT road and Motorway, and not just building a new road for the benefit of the housing societies and CDA sectors.
          Logically Kashmir Highway is simple most approach road to Airport. It already has interchanges with GT road and Motorway. To provide quick access to airport with little cost, KH part from motorway interchange to airport has to be constructed only. Why spend huge money and lot of time for construction of a new road via Golrra morr/I-14 route. Oh yes if someone has other interests and government MUST serve that, then it is another story.
            2341 days ago 

Ch Shahid
            (278 posts)
            I m in view that they should start some development whether its KH ext or the new one. They should start now.
              2341 days ago 

Ali
              (631 posts)
              I agree with Malik Majeed sb. Old design is the best optimum route. 4 a poor country why to spend billions of rupees on such royal style road. Actual plan of NHA IS to add 2 more lanes on each side of KH beyond the present TOLL PLAZA, which in my opinion is also a wastage. Also a V. Big interchange will built on GT Road at Golra more which is again another thick populated area. It requires at least 20-30 billions.
                2341 days ago 

Intern
                (219 posts)
                @Ali, which interchange are you talking about? Is it planned and finalized? Is there any Golra morr on GT Road as well?
                  2341 days ago 

Ali
                  (631 posts)
                  @Intern Golra More is located on GT Road/Haji Camp Chok. In my opinion plan approximately final.see what happens if pressure mounts against this plan. The person behind the scene is Malik Riaz Thekedar. Some people think that it is Nawaz Sharif's plan. No not at all. Actually i learnt about the possible change in plan in Feb./ March. Actually this route is suits Bahria town. As beyond this Possible road is Ring road and bahria
                    2341 days ago 

Intern
                    (219 posts)
                    @Ali, But you see that Malik Riaz is getting opposed by Ch Nisar and other PMLn factions. And as you say in Feb./ March there was PPP govt and now PMLn. So how come Malik is still being entertained? What do you think opposition from NHA/CDA would work in favor of old route thru KH?
                      2340 days ago 

Ali
                      (631 posts)
                      @Intern Sir, it makes no difference for such a tycoon in Pakistan like Malik Riaz or Mian Aamir that who is ruling. U should know that idea of Margalla Tunnel & Rawat Airport was very favorite plans of Malik. Therefore there are rumors in RWP/ISD that there is an understanding between Malik & Nawaz Govt. Particularly if both or any one plan matures. Malik had already purchased a big land across Margalla. U must know that Malik thekedar sponsored punjab govt in Aashiana Scheme. As far as NHA/CDA r concerned, bhai paisay mein bari power hey. Now if media takes this KH realignment, the i am convinced Mian sb. Will cancel this plan. Because it seems that Mian is looking v. Serious or at least for some time. Again i rapeat that this realignment suits to Malik Riaz the most.
                        2340 days ago 

Post Answer (1453 Replies)
                        << < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > >>

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL