Bahria Town is it a good option for me?

Assalamu Alaykum,

I am an overseas Pakistani and intend to visit Pakistan quite soon, during this visit I want to consider purchasing a plot to build a property on (around 10 marla) around Islamabad/Bahria Town.

In an ideal situation I would like to build and keep it empty and occupy when I visit, although I am unsure whether it would be safe to do so. The plan is to visit initially maybe twice a year for a few weeks so low level occupation (4-6 weeks a year) and over time increase that with a view to moving to Pakistan in the next 5 - 10 years.

Bahria appears to be a good option because of the security, facilities, and lack of load shedding, I know my kids would appreciate these facilities!

Before I explore exact locations do you agree that Bahria is the best option for me? and would it be safe to construct a leave it empty?
It has been suggested that I construct a 2 portion property and rent one portion out, however it is trouble to rent and obtain the money when overseas, maintenance issues and when I move permanently in 10 years I would need to make it back into one house (i guess that would be relatively easy if suitable planned at construction stage)

Look forward to replies so I can decide on Islamabad/Bahria and then home in on exact locations.

by the way I do love F sector Islamabad but could never afford that! My budget to buy and construct would be around 200 - 250 lak.

1 Like

Amaan, buy an 8 Marla plot on a possession and solid cutting (non-filled) land in Bahria Enclave and build a 2-unit house. You can use it as vacation home and/or rent out a portion. This will fit your budget.

It is relatively safer and quite manageable to leave it unattended in any Bahria project. Just don’t put very expensive sanitary fittings and lighting.

If you had higher budget (twice as much) then I would have suggested Eighteen Islamabad. It is unmatched in luxury and security and perfect choice as vacation home for overseas Pakistanis.

Check out both the options on your next visit to Islamabad.

Given the context of the question: I would also recommend Enclave as the very first option to explore.

I would recommend Bahria enclave and second choice would be Bahria phase 8 also it all depend upon the personal choice however i would recommend to visit the places when you are in pakistan and then make the decision.

Now there are good companies who can take care of your property and rental income. I would recommend to have 2 portion house and give one portion on rent.
As far as security is concerned , to be honest there are few places which are safe , only option is to install wires around your house , CCTV and alarm security system. In this case you will not be at target list . Thefts and deceits happen to those houses which has easier access than others.

Regards,
Anees Abbasi

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, very useful information and guidance.

In Sha Allah I will look at both Bahria Enclave and Phase 8 on my upcoming visit, Isloo whilst ‘eighteen’ does sound rather magnificent I think it is outside my budget and I am not that ‘posh’!

Anees I don’t want to make my house like a Jail! or be constantly watching CCTV cameras here from the UK so will somewhat reluctantly have to strongly consider making 2 portion, one for rental.

Can you kindly help to guide me a little further on the best areas to look at within Enclave and Phase 8, I know this is rather subjective so some of the things I would require are:
A larger size plot (ideally 10 Marla but 8 would do - I would like some garden space)
Corner location/not squeezed in amongst lots of houses/feeling of space
walking distance to Masjid and local conveniences
Plot with a slight elevation/view

I have heard of many locations within phase 8 being recommended but I am rather confused due to the number! if anyone can recommend a few in Phase 8 and a few in Enclave that would be great.

Best Regards
Amaan

Amaan , Its your personal choice to install the CCTV or not however i can tell you that is a good deterrence for robbers. Telling you from personal experience.

Phase 8 and 7 and Enclave different sectors have different price range and different advantages so visit the sectors and then make your mind. My personal choice is overseases heighted located plots without filling area in phase 8 and H block in enclave.

Kind Regards,
Anees

That’s great, jazakallah khair brother Anees.

In terms of approximate price range what I am looking at for an 8 -10 marla plot in phase 8 (overseas heightened no filling) and what about the same in H block Enclave?

For Enclave my personal preference is F or N. Both the sectors offer good location, mostly solid land (must double-check before buying) and good view of hills. In F some high-rise commercials will block the view, so you want to stay clear of that.

Sector H is great too, but that’s in Civic Zone, surrounded by commercials and apartment projects. It is for someone who prefers busy areas.

Both, 10 and 8 marla will fit your budget.

Thanks Isloo, a few potential sectors to examine in Enclave. Does Enclave have permanent electricity, gas and water?
I definitely want to avoid busy areas but need to be walking distance to a ‘good’ masjid and basic facilities and want a nice unobstructed view so I think you have figured out what I am after!
I have read a little about road width and it appears to vary between 30 feet to 70 feet. Any advice on what should be the minimum to avoid feeling like your neighbours across the street are too close!
In terms of whether the land is solid and good for building on should I take the advice of a ‘trustworthy’ property agent or ask an architect/builder/engineer?
Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated

@ anees_abbasi07

Abbasi sb, can you kindly refer me to some company that can take care of my property and the rental income? Here on in DM?

1 Like

Dear Amaan,

Enclave takes electricity from IESCO and re-distributes. Plus it has its own power generator, so the supply is pretty stable and uninterrupted. Due to rising electricity cost, many residents have moved to Solar power.

Gas is approved for Sector A but connections not provided as yet.

Water supply is in the making, in the meantime, Bahria provides free water tankers on daily basis, which is sufficient.

Street sizes are 50, 60, 80 and 150.

Look at the this map for more details like masjid., commercials, playground, etc Zoom and pan around, its bit slow in rendering but updated.

My advise would be to visit Enclave and BT Phase 8 yourself and then decide. Their terrain is up and down so you’ll not get a good sense from the map alone.

Thanks brother. Appreciate your advice, and yes the next step is to visit on the ground.
Will be visiting in March Inshallah.

Bahria 8

RRR Today

bahria

now the time is zone-2 and zone-5 so invest in Bahria-7,8 and Dha-3,4,5 if you calculate profit ratio in last two to three years then easy to understand,For investment point of view in big brands Bahria and Dha are best and other hand B-17 is best option.Enclave may good for living purpose.
Regards

1 Like

walikomsalam,
sir i read your post and supposed to write you here for your kind information, i am professionally medical doctor i worked in foreign for 10years,your concern buying plot its your own choice but i want share an innovative construction model which is very much common in Europe and USA, but unfortunately we don’t follow bcoz we for hundred thousand years know the construction of houses from bricks and blocks only,which is too much costy boc of labour cost…my suggestion is to build steel concert and polystyrene which is completely insulated model and the strongest construction which is following in all developed countries,we at least overseas who are blessed to exposure in foreign need to change the trend.we can bring change and prove yes there is also other model exists

Dear, I would suggest investment in Bahria EMC (Education and Medical City) Lahore. Having a house of your own is one of the biggest blessings of one’s life. Today middle class families can’t afford/purchase developed plot in low budget price. The same sized plots in other developed projects are very very expensive as compared to the Bahria EMC Lahore. Developed Plots in Central Park, Palm city & there surrounding has gone out of the range for peoples. If you can drive or cross Gaju Matta & came to Central park, Palm city or 5 No stop at Ferozepur road etc then there is no harm of some more drive for 8 minutes only to reach Bahria EMC for come into budget. The investors should definitely invest here without hurting their pocket even if anyone wants to build house for residence then it’s a Good Time to Buy & construct the house. The 5-marla are priced around PKR 31 Lakh. 8-marla plots are priced at PKR 39 Lakh which is the cheapest rate as compare to other nearest societies. In this price you can only purchase file of under dveloped of 3 Marla plot in other societies. Don’t miss this golden opportunity even 100+ families are residing here too in Bahria apartments built in EMC Block B. The rates are also increasing day by day as the population of the residents increasing.

The main feature of Bahria EMC Lahore for investors is that it is the part of Bahria Town which is country-wide famous for the luxurious housing society development across Pakistan.

Bahria EMC Lahore (Bahria Education and Medical City) is one of the beautiful projects developed by Bahria Town Lahore.

Bahria EMC Lahore is a budget-friendly housing society with fully developed residential plots for residents and investment purposes.

Now a days Bahria Education & Medical City (EMC) is one of the most affordable of Bahria projects in Lahore, it holds a degree of attraction for that reason. It is also holds potential for the future with its promise of education and medical complex that is going to be established there.

Good Luck :blush:

Rrr