Bahria Town vs DHA

Dear all,

Can you highlight the facilities given by both societies? Which one is better? Whose security is better? Other facilities like electricity, gas, schools, shopping, cinemas, business opportunities etc etc

Please focus the comparison on Bahria Town (Phase 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Enclave) and DHA 2 (including extension)

Thanks

Junaid Bhai, the question seems to be from some Question paper of an Exam.

Though I am not well versed with DHA2 and Bahria Town mentioned phases, the answer is simple. Bahria has much better services in all departments. Without services, Bahria will lose its catch.

Haha Malik Sb, you are right about the exam question thing, i feel that too..

Yes, I'm doing my research and BT seems to be ahead in almost all the departments. But the only thing concerning me is the fact that DHA is backed by Army and is solid whereas BT is private (some people say a one man show). Rest, security is a major point and I think BT is better because they have gated/walled areas with patrolling and cctv etc.. Now the issue of access is a bit confusing, both are approximately the same distance from zero point but DHA 2 has a direct route and BT has an indirect one (same goes for Enclave). Then, prices are lower in DHA2 (almost half) than BT.

We should consider that Pakistan’s living has two biggest problems everywhere. Security and Electricity. If you agree these are biggest problems related to living, the answer is straight.

Another thing wanted to add. It seems that PML-N wouldnt be successful in controlling electricity crisis even upto 2018.

I am kind of PML-N supporter in the sense that they should complete their term. But I don't think they will be able to add substantial electricity Megawatts in National Grid by 2018.

Pakistan needs serious reforms in electricity sectors and government focus is on ongoing war and road projects.

@ junaid sb…In phase pice of plot in BT is double than dha.I seriously wanna know about it…

Junaid you are missing something about prices, its the other way right , DHA prices are more than bahria

bahria is beautiful ,good services, and amenities of life ,best for living and investment ,but in the end your HEART BEAT INCREASES WHEN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING WRONG BEING PERCEIVED IN UNCONSCIOUS WITH GOOD LOGIC,AND (that's the one man show dream). Although its the same for all societies in Pakistan (almost) and bahria is SUPERIOR AND IN BETTER POSITION TO ALL EXCEPT TO BE DOWN GRADED AGAINST DHA AND CDA.

I was comparing the prices between BT's established phases and DHA 2 KLMN.. I think 10 marla in BT and 1 kanal in DHA2 is about 80 lakhs? I might be wrong, someone please correct me..

Malik Sb is right about electricity and security, these are serious problems.. Chalo electricity manage ho jaegi kisi tarah but security and a good environment is very important..

Rahi baat Dk bhai ki.. I think BT will stay there even if things go bad.. The worst case scenario would be that the courts will intervene and set up a system of running the township comprised of its residents or the ownership/management might go to someone else.. The plots and houses on land (moqa) and municipal services etc will be there, only the file holders will be in trouble..

Malik Riaz Khappay.

In my opinion the problem of private ownership is not a minor one. If Bahria wants, it can at any stage decide to sell off any of its schemes to any other party. If that happens, there is no guarantee that the new buyer will maintain the same level of services. There are many examples of this kind of deals in Pakistani real estate. The fact that home owners do not have legal possession of their plots should be a matter of concern in this regard. But I think even if bahria ever plans to do that, it will only happen when they decide that they don't want to launch anything in Pakistan ever, because it will demolish their market repute.

So what I am saying is that possible risk is there, but I don't feel any immediate problems.

Yes. Problem of degradation in services is always there. But it's highly unlikely that people living in Bahria town will lose their houses at some stage.

If some knowledgeable member can shed light on the issue by having example of any real estate developer in international market.

YE KOI GOL GAPAY NAHEE HAIN.....remember very influential mindset and intellectuals have stakes in bahria, it will never fall a free blizzard in unknown weathers.

PPL will hold up the shaking ship in high sea,bcz they have the means for that,as top most brass of our society have been in action in bahria, so not to worry about total loss.WHAT MY THINKING MEANT WAS THAT," JUST THE SPECULATORY TREMORS IN THE AIR MAKING FLIP FLOP IN FLIGHTS ROUTES ARE ANNOYING FOR SCARY JOURNEY ,BUT THE OVERALL CONDITION OF THE AIRPLANE IS STABLE( WITH 100 EXTRA ENGINES ,SO EVEN WITHOUT THE PILOT ,THE PLANE CAN LAND AT LEAST .

@ DK. Though I am against this one man show issue and feel that it's highly improbable that all Bahria residents will lose their homes and Malik Riaz's son or someone else will do qabza on all these homes.

But regarding your argument of highly influential people's involvement in Bahria projects, I want to highlight a fact in Pakistan that whenever something bad is going to happen in anything, influential people already know the developments and jump out in advance of any sinking ship.

Very true agree sir ,your view is correct in generality and even in some particulate issues as well.

But in bahria where 3-5 lack ppl with plots/homes in bahria are lower middle to upper middle class, and some percentage of rich ones, it will not be easy to blindfold them all , and number 2 ,due to shared interest these ppl will stand up to the task as well to turn it into corporate type, and it will be a hell of affairs to deny ppl their plots/homes/investments ,totally unrealistic thinking.

Only headache will be services maintenance

Totally agreed with dk sb but sir we know that bahria is recognized because of its matchless services and development and if this maintenance will not be done,it will lose its charm and prices can see a major dip.

Waisay dk sb influential ne konsa apni khoon paseenay ki kamai se property bnai hai wahan..In the end,comon man suffers.

I agree with B.R. Malik and Saadi, nobody can lose their house. The only issue can be of providing services. I know the example of a society called Gulshan e maymar on super highway in Karachi. It was a well planned decent middle class society but after it started getting populated, the owners sold it to some other group. After that the standard of services really dropped.

But I don't see why that is a risk in Bahria. They are not short of money and every successful project they manage becomes their showpiece for future success. Off course, DHA does have an edge because of Army factor so it has more permanence and long term reliability, but the service quality of Bahria is unmatched.

I agree, with respect to the original question, Bahria wins the contest hands down.

We met with Asad Umar today. We were discussing some issue. In discussion he said that he had a plot in Karachi Defence Phase 8 and after many years they sent all residents Rs 1 Crore development charges. He hasn't said whether they paid it or not.

Can it happen in DHA?