Buying a shop in bahria or pwd........

Is it better to buy a shop in civic center bahria town or main pwd road?Pwd main road commercial seem to be more successful than commercial inside bahria town.But i have heard from few friends that bahria town is making some new entrance for phases 1 to 6.Is that true?And from where?If that happen then that will definately effect the pwd commercial.So comparitively whats better investing in pwd or bahria…

Yes Bahria is making new access from GT road having better look than the first one, also from the GT road.

PWD is also good but BT phase 1-6 will have more bzness than PWD after Bahria paradise commercial gets handed over

Even now rents in BT Civic center are very Competitive, in fact more at most places Bahria is more esthetic and 1000s better than PWD when it comes to the value additions.

There is and there will be No new access from Islamabad expressway, MR has no interest in investing billions in a signal free access from Islamabad Highway, as it will benefit PWD more..Bahria town dwellers will have to live with the pathetic Rajabazar entry from PWD and NFP road, there is no authority to stop these corrupt societies like PWD and NPF from carrying out illegal commercial construction on residential plots

As to your main question, depends on which shop on which floor and at what cost?

Abdul Qayyum sb I am curious about what is that big building / structure under construction that you see to your right when you enter bahria phase 1-6 from GT road? Is it also a commercial?

A way from Gt road might not make a difference to PWD commercial activities because everyone coming from Islamabad will still have to use to Main Pwd road.I heard they are making a new way from the highway is that true and from where…

I dont think right now if Bahria commercials in phases 1 to 6 have more business than PWD commercial.

You may be right Arif sahab but as per my info the commercial's rents in BT phase-4 civic center are way higher then the sister shops in PWD.

That ought to explain something! Sir!!!

Just be aware that some of the commercial plots in PWD are illegally converted from residential plots, and the case is already in NAB. Ofcourse nothing will happen if you are with big boys. NAB is just busy sniffing for small investors, who were caught off guard, and who they can easily trap and harass for commission.

Business activity in PWD commercial area seems to be much higher than BT. All major brands are there and list seems to be growing. Plus all BT commuters have to pass through PWD for expressway access. Just be careful you don't end up buying a shop that's in dispute on commercial vs. Residential. Rest, if you have a good location, not much can go wrong.

From pure numbers game, on a shop to shop basis (location, size, access to main road, floor etc) PWD seems to be better. BT phase 1-6 , as expected in one man shows, is in a state of neglect. Probably because of lack of funds, or maybe lack of interest by BT as these are mature properties now, and no more juice left in them to squeeze.

Bilal Sahab

Civic center of BT phase 1-6 is quite a success. I have my heavy investments there and returns are quite good with no problems with renters at all.

My cousin put all of his life savings in PWD plaza and having rental problems all the time. In BT these problems very few.

MR has history of giving additional benefits to BT residents after having BTs sold. Just look at phase 1-6 new entrance from GT road being provided now after a decade!

May be there is no juice left in 1-6, as you say, but there is an admirable up-keep in phase 1-6 which is 1000s time better than PWD

I have 3 apartments in civic center and rents are mouth watering with no problems with renters whatsoever, sir!

Abdul Qayyum sb, you may have a point, but then it makes me wonder why all the big brands and banks continue to set up in PWD instead of BT? I based my assessment purely from number of customers perspective, and gave pros and cons of each option. Shoppers from all surrounding areas, including BT, come to PWD commercial area for shopping, while BT is mostly within access of only BT residents. Also the returns probably matter on the location of shop, whether it is in PWD or BT. I would be surprised if all shop holders in BT are getting mouth watering rents. Lots of plazas there are lying empty. Same can be said for PWD. I don’t have any commercial investments in either BT or PWD, but just have been following development in these two areas out of interest.

PWD commercial is ideal for investment if there is no alternative road being made for Bahria from the highway.Someone was telling me that Bahria is in negotiation with the punjab government to make a alternative way from wildlife safari park and also heard from someone else that they are in planning to join a road with cbr soan garden main road.Any truth in that?

Old news and was died years before when MR gave interview, blaming ch Nisar interfering with his BT future developments.

Phase 1-6 is more of Pindi and less to Islamabad but nearness to Islamabad will never lose importance even passing through the PWD bad roads.

Old news and was died years before when MR gave interview, blaming ch Nisar interfering with his BT future developments.

Phase 1-6 is more of Pindi and less to Islamabad but nearness to Islamabad will never lose importance even passing through the PWD bad roads.

I feel its better to invest in a shop where multinational company or some brand takes it on rent, they give u rent on annual basis before hand. No issues then as compared to individual shop owners who delay and play games etc

Bilal Sahab

In Civic center, as per my little knowledge, no commercial is crying for rent!

In phase-8, a big YES, there are tons of commercials and rents are not per ROI.

I am having residential not any commercial but focused on commercials, too, if my resources ever allow me to do so!

In my case rents are mouthwatering , Al-Hamdolillah.

I am not denying PWD but just compare PWD & Civic center and you can easily make out the future of both on a longer time span. PWD is deteriorating on poor up keep whereas BT is nicely maintained so far.

Whats the market ROI for commercial after excluding the additional costs of owning a commercial? AQ sb if you can shed some light since you are first hand investor?

Junaid Sb

ROI has variances between area to area but if we generalize it on the broad bases, it stays at:

Commercial: 0.5% per month

Residential: 0.25% per month

For the last 20 plus years, my average is around the above figures with minor plus and minus.

On yearly basis, it is 6% & 3.0 % , respectively.

Some parts of Islamabad are little higher but then initial investment is also directly proportional.

We the expats, rent residential just because we want our houses built ASAP and need our properties more or less maintained, otherwise only commercial is good for investment.

I have long experience of Halal stocks, such as cement/fertilizers/power companies but the dividends & Share appreciations are not on par with the commercial; property investments, in the planned societies.

6% is good as even in Malaysia/Turkey, you cannot get more than 4% in good locations.

Dubai is of course different but this is another area of discussion.

Mashalah great. Can you advice any safe investment in commercial set up as being expat we are sometimes reluctant to go on rentals side as who will collect rents as we will he abroad. Do you know any recommended person in this regards who manage things? Also kindly emlighten about fbr filing as being expat i havent done it. Do u suggest i file before investment or is better go same.

Abdul Qayyum Sahib, can you please suggest / recommend some good rental yield areas for investment, I would say within a budget of 6 millions.

Thanks a lot for the contribution you have been giving it to the forum members, particularly to the expats community.

Yes AQ Sb i am also an expat and i agree 6% is really good. Even now Dubai has come down to same level except few areas which still maintain 8% mark. However, if you include maintenance and agency fees, the actual yield is around 6%.

So as the other forum members are asking, any recommendation. I went to check Bahria commercial ... That circle area in Phase 1-6 which is close to Bahria cinema and also Safari Villas 3. However, i found a lot of empty shops on ground floor and yet alot of other buildings coming up as well. While PWD was totally occupied. So it gave me second thoughts on investing in Bahria in some commercial shops etc. Would be good to hear your comments and feedback keeping in mind that expats dont have unlimited time and energy to manage things on the ground