Ceiling without pluster or with pluster

Dear all, aoa

Can someone help me that:

1- is pluster is required before doing ceiling on home roofs?

2- or ceiling can be done without pluster

Unfortunately, i have installed lights, marbles, tiles, and left roof pluster only thinking i will do ceiling. Now i am worried that if i do ceiling without pluster, it might get rotten by rain seasons (as simple lentel might not help going water across roof).

Many thanks for the help,

Kind regards,

-dr a.

No harm in having roof without plaster. Plaster cannot stop roof leakages.

Other than this issue, you should have water proofing on roof in any case. If you can afford ceiling than you can also afford water proofing.

Thanks B.R Malik saab for prompt reply.

Do you know, how much water proofing cost per square foot?

I m doing ceiling so there are no heating issues in summer/winter.

Many thanks,

I dont remember but common solution of yellow bucket "tarcoal" is of no use. Either do proper drum of asphalt ( tarcoal) or have some chemical.

There are a lot of ads regarding water proofing solutions. There is one company in F-11 Markaz which sells some good chemicals. Main thing is that person doing water proofing shoukd be very expert.

Thanks Malik saab,

thats helpful comments for whole community.

Lastly, do you know anything (e.g. Form) at cheap price comparing to ceiling.

It is Just to avoid heating issues, and ceiling for whole house is really costly.

Best,

-Dr A.

Yes. I have done insulation for my whole house. Transmission of heat from lenter is zero. I dobt think ceiling can really stop heat.

Pakistan is in such a great problem of electricity that insulation is most important part of modern houses.

I did diamond jumbolon insulation of two inch.

Dr Sb....

No need to do plaster on RCC ceiling just do your plaster of paris ceiling to avoid extra cost. But where you are not intending to do false ceiling there you must need.

Further you can use jumbolon or thermoplast sheet it is cheeper than jumbolon but the effect is almost same and you can get the result sheet from the installer and manufacturers.

But on roof no need for further water proofing but normal roof treatment of bitumen/plstic sheet/earth work is fair enough with tiles and pcc on the top.

Most importan the leveling and drains should be proper and in sufficient quantity

to drain rain water and it cannot be store at any place of roof... Which can be harmful

even you did many roof treatments.

I just amazed to know if ppls can start their house without complete design and working drawings....

Anyhow anything you need to know we are here at your disposal.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

designsource99@gmail.com

DSA... You said: "But where you are not intending to do false ceiling there you must need"... Why?

If we do the brick work very neatly, I think we can leave it as is. If possible we can leave a long steel beam exposed to make it look like a vintage house. And perhaps the look will be better than any artificial ceiling.

What do you think?

Sorry to jump in it. I think ceiling is liked a lot by people in Pakistan. Cost is not much in comparison with the perception that its highest level house in terms of quality. Options of concealed lighting increases.

Ceiling is a good option though I haven't used in my house because I wanted to retain the height of rooms. I think rooms look a loy more spacious with high roofs.

But people like ceilings a lot.

PK1... I told that the expose RCC ceiling should be properly finished with plaster or any

other way and ofcourse you can utilize them as design and can get max benefit of openness of the area but it will also effect your cooling level.

So low hight celings also benefit your cooling level.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

Ceiling can be done without plaster but its better if plaster is done before ceiling.Ceiling is temporary solution it has to replace after few years or if later some one wants to remove ceiling I think you need to do proper water proofing on roof top. Then its ok to have no ceiling the roof is smooth.

@Malik saab

Thanks again for educating the people in this forum.

What is the price tag of diamond "jumbolon" in terms of sq ft pls?

I have done pluster for the moment and I would go for jumbolon for heat treatment.

@CDA

It is highly appreciated and your comments will benefit a large range of community here.

"I just amazed to know if ppls can start their house without complete design and working drawings...."

Well, that's pity that sometimes, one dont have time to plan (that was my case). But as a rule, one shld never start without complete design

@Pk1

Amazed by ur critical analysis.

@Annie

Thanks for the comments

Cheers guys

-Dr A.

Welcome…when I bought Jumbolon, it’s list price for 1 inch was Rs 50/sq ft and 2 inch Rs 100/sq ft. I finally bought for around Rs 86/sq ft for 2 inch and Rs 42/- probably for 1 inch. I did most of the insulation with 2 inch.