Construction of frame structure building

I am constructing a commercial building having 35 front and 55 depth means total area 1925 sqft.
Floors i am gonna construct are basement,ground floor and first floor.
Can you guys please tell me how much its gonna cost per floor.
I live in a small city ,so cheap rates
Contractor rate is 135 per sqft
Brick rate is 4500 for 1000 bricks
Cement 490
Steel...Here i am confused karachi made rebar rate is 72000.Ittefaq steel rebar grade 40 is 84000 and amreli steel grade 60 rate is 88000.
Please guide me which sarya i should go for.Personally i want to go for amreli 60 grade though people here say ittefaq grade 40 will do the job.
Steel rebar available in my city are only these i mentioned above
My contractor says grey structure is gonna cost me max 35 lac for three floors.Here grey structure means only plastered walls thats it.No electrical wiring,plumbing doors etc.
Total columns in the building are 16 to 17 and i think they are 12*12 columns . 6 sooter sarya will be used in columns. Is it enough?
Please also tell me what exactly sooter is.
Please also tell me should i go for ittefaq 40 grade or amreli 60 grade.

You must consult with the architect first. He will be design its structure that will save your money.

Approximately it will be cost 65 + lack for grey structure.

You must go to 60 grade steel. These things recommend by engineer and architect.

"Sooter" is a desi term, it means "part" 6 sooter means 2/3" thcik steel.

If you need any kind of information regarding designing and construction, feel free ton contact me through my cell number.

Architect Wahab

arch five Architects

0321-5674022

You need to consult 2 people.

Architect for the overall design of the project while structure engineer for the structural design of the project.

You can't decide which bar to be used Bcoz structure engineer will tell you after load calculations and structural design and I think 12" x 12" column size may not be a good choice.

If we divide a single inch into 8 parts then each part is known by its number which is actually diameter of the bar.

For example 3/8 is known as number 3 bar or 3 sutar in local language.

@ Abdul Wahab

How constructing basement ground and first floor is gonna cost me more or less 65 lac.

I mean here contractor rate is 135 sq ft

brick 4500

cement 490

Steel 88000

I think grey structure without any paint tiles electricity etc should nt cost more than 40 lac

what do you think

@ Ar Bangash

can you please tell me why 12 *12 column size may not be a good choice

@Wikis

12" x 12" Column size is not even recommended for house unit of 2 Stories due to the lateral forces.

12" x 12" Column size may result in the increase of the overall cost of the project because 12" x 12" can't give you more span between the columns and also the number of columns will get increase in the whole project resulting increase in construction cost.

However a structure engineer can guide you better in this regard as he authorized to design the column size, reinforcement, Column Grid (span between columns), Slab Thickness etc which will help you to save your construction cost.

@Ar Bangash

Then what sizes are used for columns irrespective of syructural design Commonly?

Nobody can tell you exactly until designed by structure engineer.

Even structure engineer can't tell without having soil test of the site and its calculations.

Don't get risk by following contractors or some irrelevant person.

@ Wikis

Your total covered area will be almost 5775 sft in which 1900 sft is basement area. You need BOQ for final cost. BOQ cannot be prepare without drawings.

Now you don't know how much steel, bricks, cement bags, fine & coarse aggregate will be use. To know the quantities of each material that will be use in your project you need BOQ and BOQ cannot be prepare without architectural and structural drawings.

We can give you all the services regarding construction from Design to Build (Architectural Drawings, 3 Dimensional views, Structural Drawings, BOQ and Construction).

Contact us without any hesitation to make your dream project into reality.

Regards,

Ar. Wahab

arch five Innovators

0321-5674022

@ ar bangash

map was made by architect and structure design was made by structure engineer and he recommended 12 × 12 columns.he may not be an expert one as its a small city and there is nothing anything like soil analysis here.please tell me if 12 × 12 is not a good size then what are other common sizes used in frame structure irrespective of the design normally

If structure Engineer who designed its structure is ready to take the responsibility then go Ahead with these things.

The Column size may be consulted after having a look at the actual drawings

Best of Luck

Thanks Ar Bangash

One thing i want to ask you.Now he recommended 1212 columns and 44 footing for these columns.Now there are three rows of columns left,middle and right row.left and right columns will hide in the walls and its fine.but for middle columns (like he recommended 1212) if i go for 1812 columns though the cost will increase but i think it will strength the structure.

What do you think.

Plus he didnt recommended raft foundation.but i want to go for raft one.should i go for it or not??will it increase the cost too much??though my region is not mountainous region at all.

@ Ar Bangash

you said

12" x 12" Column size is not even recommended for house unit of 2 Stories due to the lateral forces

so i just want to know what normal column sizes are recommended for commercial frame structures generally.lets say for my plot having dimensions 35*55.constructing simple halls (like whoever is gonna rent it will make his own partition walls.)

Let me simplify it for you.

The Column sizes are different depending upon the nature of project plus its soil bearing capacity.

Normally we Use 15" x 15" Columns which may differ for other projects.

secondly the column size will give you the required span. I don't think 12" x 12" column have enough strength to accommodate 17'-6" span as you said that there are 3 rows of column.

As far as Raft is concerned, it is always suggested when the soil bearing capacity is very low to avoid differential settlement. Raft will surely increase the overall cost.

The simplest you can do is to talk to your structure engineer again and tell him to review the structure design by keeping these points in mind

Is there any difference between rebar supplied by different companies, I am getting very competitive rates from BM steel as compared to Ittefaq and others. Is quality of rebar same with in the same Grade i.e, Grade 60 or grade 40

Now mostly (debar) deformed steel use. BM steel not producing good quality steel. They used very low grade raw material. Take test reports from authentic lab before purchasing.

Regards,

@Abdul Wahab Thankyou for reply can you recommend good Rebar and also suggest which grade should be used for double story construction

In Islamabad Pak Steel, Itehad and Fazal Steel are the best industries which are producing excellent steel.

Always used 60 grade steel, it has more tensile strength. 60 grade and 40 grade price comparison is only Rs.4000/ton which is very nominal.

@Slayer

Using of 40 or 60 grade depends on your structural drawings. Mostly 40 grade is being used on residential construction. If your drawings shows 40 grade than using 60 grade is waste of money. Putting extra steel is not good. It will not provide any benefit rather than make your structure more heavier.

Put 2 spoons of sugar in tea is good put 4 and you wont drink it.

Before buying steel from any where few things to keep in mind the weight of the bar plus flexibility. Over weight bars are not good you will get less bars per ton and end up paying extra.

I hope this would help

For pillars always use 60 grade steel regardless of your drawings.