Devaluation of Pakistani currency -- duplicate

Dear Zameen Admin.

Just when there’s something to share on the topics this wonderful thread “Devaluation of pakistani currency” is blocked.

Can you plz reactivate it and delete this duplicate thread, which is only meant to.alert you. Thanks.

Agreed to Isloo, a classical thread being murdered and the contents of it are quite relevant at any point in time…

No justification or clarification as to why it’s being killed out of the blue …?

Rupee has reached 190 today and headed fast towards 200.

Allah humaray mulk par reham farmaye.

Koi baat nahi Moazaz Uzmaa abhi Rupay aur Dollar ko bi bhi Sunay gi …

Fil waqt woh Naeem Bukhari kay saath Chutkloon main masroof hai!

Hyper Inflation on the way, in the mean time we repeat 1971. Tum Ghaddar, Tum Agent …

What does this mean? how will this rate increase impact on economy and property market? Experts requested to shed light upon it.

my non-expert, but obvious stuff view on it …

• Rate increase means at minimum all small/medium/large business that require financing will either not borrow (stagnation) or borrow at high rate to produce stuff/products that will be sold at higher prices to recover the high rates, to be paid back to the bank …

• It will impact each segment that will use any sort of financing from banks.

• Govt borrowing from banks will have to pay 2.5% extra so that will be an extra 2.5 PKR (exclusive of all other taxes) with each 100 PKR,

Thanks Imtiaz, but for a layman as myself, how will this rate increase impact on overall economy and exchange rate.

BTW, Rupee has celebrated court decision too by gaining historic PKR 3.48 to a dollar in a single day.

Stock market is also skyrocketing, already gained 650 points.

Yes positive news and good vibes …

Me too being a layman, for me in simpler terms: When Govt and Businesses will borrow at more rate they will charge more to deliver products and services to customers (citizens, end-buyers).

If no borrow that will be economic and growth stagnation.

If there was ever a “best” time to take position in stocks or buy PKR, then it is now. I am expecting at least 4000 points increase in KSE within a month as PMLN govt takes over. Also rupee will come down to 150-160 range.

Pick discounted stocks and/or with high dividend (PSO, PPL, OGDC, HUBC, KOHE, EFERT, POL, PICT, SNGP) and see your investment grow rapidly. If you miss this boat, then the next low cycle might take 3-4 years.

Overseas Pakistani’s can also invest in PSX through Roshan Digital account.

It is time to leave politics behind and make some money folks !!!

As Isloo said, now I will say look out for USD reversal on Monday morning. If you have some and want to have a good Eid times, sell …

Hope so PKR gains good …

How do you see USD coming down considering possibilties of Dharna and Containers and no big increase in $ reserves execept IMF package.

Frankly, I don’t see any potential in dharnas and containers. That was all heavily sponsored and supported from the power that was defeated last night.

As far $ and stocks, let’s see how the market reacts when opened on Monday morning. But since the drop scene was huge and decisive therefore I consider it too late to catch stocks and rupee at rock bottom.

Market has made a huge come back, it jumped 1500+ points at the start.
Dollar lost PKR 1.43 to a rupee.

PSX Gained 1700 points. This is the biggest single day gain by PSX in last 5 years …

Today open market dollar buying rate was 180.
If this trend continues, most likely it will touch 175 by the end of this week.

People listen when Munshi speaks.

True that he has a proven record to stabilize the PKR and actually strengthen it to bring USD under 100, once.

However, at this point I say best for him will be to be cautious. Claims not fulfilled or going wrong can backfire big time in the time and age of social media. Let things get done and action to speak for themselves will be best strategy!

Imtiaz, a lot of dollar hike owes to hoarding by speculators. Although buying dollars from exchange companies has become so difficult due to required proof of source of funding that it is almost impossible to buy now. But there is a strong possibility of black market functioning in parallel that is controlling the flow of dollars.

Rupee is back to 187 and its slide continues. Fast depleting foreign reserves, ballooning imports and uncertainty of IMF programme are apparent causes. State bank is doing little to control rupee decline.

Economy is on ventilator; inflation and budget deficit are record high GDP will remain 4%. Drastic measures are needed to put things back on track.