Electrical Wire Installation

Plz advise which wire should be used in a 10 Marla house fir electrical installations?

Pakistan cables and new age are turning to be too expensive. ....

Is there any cheaper alternative?

Sir my recommendation would be that do not compromise on wiring installations…go for pakistan cables…

Hello Tayyab,

I agree with Saadi,

Do not compromise on wiring installation. I am not sure about the reliability or quality of Pakistan cables but install the best quality cables, as it would be a one time expense dear.

Regards, z@in N@deem

Mr. Tayyab,

I think you should survey the market yourself ... Maybe you'll find a high quality brand at cheap prices.

Good luck! :)

@ farhan sb…Sir one thing for sure that high quality brands are never available in cheap prices…U have to pay according to the quality…

Oh yes, of course, I’ve missed the word ‘comparatively’ here :slight_smile:

But what is the quality? are there any building standards and norms that needs to be fulfilled by the contractors? i have noticed that the contractors/builders who make homes and sell compromise on every thing and focus more on the things that are visible like flooring, false ceiling and door etc. Who is responsible for ensuring that all safety norms are fulfilled and certain standards are strictly followed whiled building a house?

@ abrar sheikh sb…This is the only reason i always advise that build your by yourself because u will take care of each and every thing…What ever the case is do not go for constructed home.BTW there are some extremely well reputed builders as well but most of the builders usually maintains poor construction standards…In the societies like bahria town etc they restrict the builder to ensure the quality of construction that is why reputed builders are working there…

Thanks for your advise but are there any building standards and guidelines for safety and quality for building residential houses. Are there any regulatory bodies to ensure the quality of work and inspection after the buildings are completed. How completion certificates are granted? Kindly shed some light on my questions.

Sir these standards are followed in societies like dha and bahria town but at other places i do not think so that there are some regulatory bodies…

Thanks for your kind response. I will check with the DHA and see how they certify that a house is complete and complies with the standards for safety and quality

I have seen some horrible houses in DHA as well where electricity and plumbing related things have been compromised heavily.

The buyer should be protected from the incompetent builderss and their faulty projects.