How to Do Verification of Property from Patwari

Dear Experts,

This query might sound a bit silly but for novice people not much into the property; it is very important.
Suppose some one opts to buy a house in any locality in Rawalpindi (outside societies), what are the important verification steps to be performed? House owners share old registry with details of Khasra, Khewat, Khatooni etc. but the question is that how to get it verified from Patwari and what are the potential issues that might exist and must be taken cared of?

Expert opinion from honourable like @Its_ImtiaX_88 , @yousafnoor & others are welcomed.

Abbasi sb.
In Pindi & Islamabad, this problem exists as at places khasra numbers are big & runs in 50 to 100 kanals.
Now you will just get a little part from this huge land & where your plot is factually located, becomes a big question…a lot of instances the plot will not exact but you would be legal owner of your part of khasra ONLY once you get your Roof built on your plot.
Why this happens?
In design, for example, the streets are 20 ft but on ground the dealer will sell 15 ft to make/sell extra land which disturbs the whole muhalla society’s locations…all plots are then not in chronological order…
Then comes the " Lease Problem"…in twin cities everywhere leased land exists where you never know " how long that lease" will get matured & you you have to buy your land again from govt?
May be a little money but headache is there.
Then " double registry" in Tehsil record…
Why this happens…
People get plots on legal papers from Patwari but after buying/selling in Tahsil record office, people delay the " Intiqal’ endorsement on the very same stamp paper registry…this is then big problem & you will lose that plot as in Patwari main register , you are not owner…this makes double registries of the same plot…
Also the land may be on " stay order" in cantt/court & dealer will sell you silently …this plot could not be sold as Patwari has notice but this is Pakistan, sir…???
Another dislocation problem shows up as dehi Marla is 272-1/3 ft but dealer will give you as 250 or 225 ft/Marla,…this also created extra land without papers & put your plot off-location.
Moral of story…
Deal with Patwari & get your plot done …???
In twin cities there is a general saying…you are not owner of your plot unless you put a " roof" over it…
Best of luck sir.

1 Like

Personal example:
My friend bought a commercial on Pindi range road…dealer told him that plot front Street is ok & so many other plots are already constructed & businessess are going on … big mistake …my friend had to lose 6 ft frontage to the cantt…
Why this happened…
Each plot in Muhallas looks the same but each one has a different story to tell once you deal with currupt cantt/RDA officers.

Range Road…Oops my area…

As far as Zilla Islamabad, also mostly in Punjab, personal experience that I vaguely remember. Most important in verification is Fard that represents the ownership of the land.

• Visit the land on spot
  • Get the Fard of the land from Patwaar Khaana
  • Fard has names of Khewat Number, Khasraa Number, Name of the Owner.
  • If It has Khasraa Number mentioned it’s ok to verify further, if not, don’t go for that (Hawai Number or Shamlat Number).
  • Open land will have 250 sq. ft per marla which is bigger size that society Marla.
  • I think Fard must not be more than 7 days old.

There is no hard and fast rule but at minimal check the name of owner, along with Khasraa Number. Mostly if an owner has multiple kanals under same Khasraa you can get that mentioned on Fard/Registry that out of X Kanal (Khewat Number A, Khasraa Number B) 5 Marla is sold.

====
Rest of the steps are next level to verification and they include Intiqaal of land, registry etc.

Kashif
I can ask my friend to give the exact location of commercial where he had to surrender 6 feet frontage to the cantt on range road.

If the land/property area has been computerised you can get the necessary information e.g Fard etc. by visiting the relevant punjab lands records authority centre computer office. They also have a web site from where you can now get an online Fard as well. You should be able to search for your land records by selecting district, service centre, search type (CNIC, bahi number, Name etc.)