Incorrect Prices and Information by Some Dealers

Assalam o Alaikum,

Some dealers deliberately putting incorrect plot sizes and incorrect prices. I called one property dealer last week and after some argument he agreed that the info put in the add is not correct and he started giving lame excuses. This has happened before too.

I want to humbly request all property dealers that while someone buys a plot it is his all life savings and please don't play with people's hard earned money like that.

@Ehsan,

Your post is surely of high concern for all the genuine buyers and more of a responsibility for the experts in this forum. Do identify any specific post so that it could be reported or you could also mark it with a dislike symbol at the bottom of every post.

Ali MEYAAR Builders

Hi Ali,

The way I understood it, Ehsan is not talking about anybody on the forum. It's a general request from him since, as explicit as it is, this forum has a fair few professional realtors.

As for your request for like or dislike buttons, we have those in the form of a thumbs up and a thumbs down. Take a look, I just gave your post a thumbs up. :)

This is true. This is of great concern. Yes the problem as I understand and faced many times is as:

In plot for sale I searched plots for example F-16. In top right corner Rs 750,000 for 1 kanal plot. I called to the contact given. He was some property dealer in F-10 for e.g. and he told me that was profit; not total amount.

Other example:

Two plots in neighbour one demand Rs 20 lac and other Rs 29 lac. I asked from the dealer what is the difference between the two plots he told me that there is only difference of owner. One is demanding Rs 20 lac but other is demanding Rs 29 lac. It is owner he can put any demand may be Rs 70 lac of same plot. This is the problem!

I think that you have to do your homework and take your time before you buy a plot. You have to visit the site and confirm all the details. If something sounds too good to be true then avoid it. In a country like Pakistan it the duty of the buyer to satisfy himself. Until the agents become regulated in Pakistan we cannot really have much expectations from them, you just have to try to use the genuine ones from experience.