Is investing in turkey real estate good idea?

AQ sahb can you please share with me email of the person you are in contact with?

Also the prices and rental he has mentioned are for commercial or residential apartments?

Thank you

Typoon bro, my brotherly advice would be to do enough tropical cyclones in islamabad and lahore Property, if acessable, before doing tropical cyclones in Turkey...... But if you have already done your jobs in Isloo( Islamabad) etc then you are good to go turkey ........ You can also try greece..... they are providing some visas or citizenship for real estate investment......

I did not see isloo 1 sahib around.....

Dear Typhoon

I received reply from the real-estate office:
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Mohammed,

Thank you for your kind reply,

Kindly be informed that there is no taxes on your rental income as you are simply renting your apartment on a monthly basis upon an obvious contract.

Upon Turkish law the only expenses will be added are 4.5% estimated need to are added on top pf the purchase price to cover all the fees& taxes included as below :
• Purchase Tax
• Buyers Fee
• Solicitors Fee
• Notary Fee
• Gas & Electricity
--------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:45 PM Mohammad Yousaf wrote:
Thanks, Kareem for the reply
Please teach me on ALL state bound taxes on my $ 450 income, before I make up my mind to invest?
How much money would be coming in my pocket each month?
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ilyas:

Yes, in Europe investment is good as their currencies are strong but their taxes are killer!
Even in Malaysia, taxes are matter of concern.

I am still in the state of evaluation, but Turkey, up to the info presented so far, seems much better.
unless/until Turkey start selling its gold reserves or start depleting on the foreign reserves, depreciation of Lira may not be so destructive?

Your take on this please?
--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Isloo1:

Getting along with this "mindless" man and respecting each other's political sides, yours take on this Turkey venture?
Brother Typhoon may be on your merit list!

No taxes on $450usd sounds good to me. Is the apartment in Istanbul? Any idea on the residence permit fees? Big question is, will this apartment be rented in USD or Lira? If indeed its Lira then it would be concerning.

Ilyas thank you for the advice, sir i lost about 8 million in rupee depreciation in a couple months time in a country which is referred to as a patient by the team in power. I dont want to spend a penny more on this patient anymore. I have some investments in plots in Islamabads zone 2 which are pretty stagnant at the moment.

Ill be visiting Turkey first ofcourse, AQ sb can you please share the agents email with me?

Respected Abdul Qayoom sahib, You are my all times guru and you are such a pure soul and you are in my Ashara Mubashira list. I can not add things to your experience...

I think donald RACIST trump got problems with turkey..... if donald was selected again then things will keep going in turkey as it is......

If i had to do investment in turkey, i would google extensively(like imtiaz sahib) to get the basic idea and then after having done full home work, i would fly to turkey( would love to smoke Marijuana with isloo 1 on turkey clean beaches in late afternoon) and would practically see the things and then would learn from the experiences of pakistanies who have done investment there, then i would go for commercial plot or building..........

Qayoom sahib, i believe we both have got ADDICTED to Isloo1.....

Here you go Typhoon:

Mr. Kareem Sayed Konswa

kareem@turkeyhomes dot com

email address with @ sing does not go through!

Typoon sahib, i believe this 8 million loss would give you very precious experience and you would make big profit with that In Sha Allah… do not invest in zone 2 but keep eye on zone 2 as you got experience there now… Good luck zama wroora( my brother) …

Dear Ilyas

I take it as a unique privilege being able enough to get in your merit list.
But mine being a primary student know my limitations as I always learning from respected members on this forum.
I am helping others with my little knowledge but I know my best is not good enough….this is a journey of teaching and being taught by others.
I believe if you help someone , it is “Saqa e Jaria” and if one benefits from your experience, you will continue to getting it as long as its worth keep getting materialized.
I also know a single person does have multiple IDs here on Zameen and replying in manifold manifestations but it is all OK if info is factual.

Regarding abroad investments, you are 100% right. One needs a lot of learning before getting to do it.

Thank you for your kind words Ilyas, jazakAllah. Khushala use..

AQ thank you for sharing. FYI you are in touch with this guy: https://youtu.be/E_SGZ9wIskU

Ilyas, definitely visiting and getting in touch with people who did some investment would be wise.

@Typhoon

In offshore we cannot access YouTube. I will watch once I am landing onshore home, In Shaa Allah and post my comments.

Ty Phoon,

You can also look in to US option. Prices have been consistently rising after a major dip in 2012 and next year they are expected to rise as well.

You also get investor visa leading to citizenship if you can invest 1/2 million to 1 million USD.

US real estate is most transparent system with lucrative returns for those investors who can do their due diligence.

Unlike, Pakistan where real estate holds all black money and 100% satta-bazi. No transparency whatsoever.

Dear JDM

Canada is also good. I think 6-6.5% appreciation is normal on your investment in a villa in Toronto.

@Typhoon, Any foreign property investment must have a good clean exit strategy i.e if you need to sell out how quickly you can sell your property and how quickly you can get hold of your funds. Please also check on any capital gains tax issues (if applicable in Turkey).

@ Khan

Yes, you are right. I had been through when I sold mine in Dubai back when Dubai was in high waters.
I sold my property successfully but when it came to wire money to Pakistan, a problem popped up!
The exchange guy told me, I cannot more than a limit, if I do not have UAE RP?
Luckily, the dealer was helpful and I transacted on his ID.
My return seat was booked and carrying cash on the streets of Dubai was not all that great idea, had I failed to get help from dealer!

Rauf Khan, agreed sir. That is my primary concern.

AQ sahb, curious why didnt you wire via bank?

JDM, I dont have that much amount to invest in the US, I also looked into condos in Washington area, within a 30 mile radius to Boeing, Microsoft and Amazon, good rentals but US is too far for me and is too stern with some things and there is a fear that they can deny entry on any of their port of entries and God knows what you can do with your property while not being able to visit the country :)

@Typhoon

This situation was somewhere back in 20007 and I was told that to send money to bank account, I must deposit in any account holder, as money was handsome & there was limit on transaction without an RP, and then do transaction to the destination.

Also no one in the Dubai registration office was able to tell me the next of kin situation on my investment, had I retained the property with me?

There are lot of legal bindings if invest outside and a thorough work is a must before buying!

Here in Qatar, another situation popped up with my friend who invested in "Pearl Qatar". While apartment was still not in his name, he lost the job: I do not how exactly he managed the exit permit but I know he transferred his flat to a Qatari friend to get an exit permit. Now he is back and OK!

Yeah that is scary, I am a frequent US visitor on B1 and reason not buying any property there is their strict visa rules they can deny entry even if you have a valid visa.

How is Turkey looking so far, what are your chances of buying a property over there? I am doing my home work but relying on your expertise and experience also :)

Please keep me updated.

Turkey seeking to go to IMF

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/439558-its-time-for-turkey-to-go-hat-in-hand-to-the-imf

Interesting discussion re beautiful Turkey. Wouldnt mind owning a villa in Princess Islands near Istanbul. But that place is for people with deep pockets not working class people like me. For guys like me its only visit and admire the beauty.

Mr AQ, Think you might be right about person engaging with multiple IDs. As i also think one might be actual zameen.com employee considering their time devoted to this site.

Bhai logo,

Invest in your own country.Turkey ma doodh ki nehar nie bhati.We have lot of options and really people are earning more in different type of business.

AQ bhai try to explore tourism and mining,Farming act and other hand in real estate Adiala and Chakri road.

Regards