Is it a good time to buy property in bahria town, lahore

After the encroachment drive in bt lahore and strikes regarding the allotment of plots in sector f. Bt reputation took a hit. Furthermore, there will be ring road crossing the bt in coming years. Now fbr is saying, property prices will come down after july.

Considering all these scenarios, how long should i wait before buying a residential plot in bt.

If you are buying to build a house then just buy and forget for 10+ years.

Otherwise, wait and see as situation is very fragile and volatile right now. If there is real crackdown by FBR on those who owns properties, then prices will collapse very quickly as market will have more sellers than buyers.

There is a chance that FBR will begin crackdown after July as per current situation. I am looking to buy in december this year, so i have time to see how things fold out. In your opinion if prices come down, how much the difference will be from current prices?

@FlyaSaad,

It is hard to predict. Prices had already bottomed out in last couple of years after restriction on non-tax-filers to buy property was imposed. Now the realty sector will be completely crushed with millions to go jobless, but possession plot in genuine projects will hold their prices at current level with plus minus 10%.

This is pure hunch, situation can take any turn in this most incompetent govt's time. So hold on and watch till 4th quarter and then make your decision.

@Isloo1

How millions will go jobless?

@FlySaad

Real Estate, housing projects and individual house construction are the major employer where millions are working as self-employed. When a house is constructed 100s get contractual and waged jobs. When a new housing project is developed 1000s get employed in different capacities.

With this sector got strangulated about 3 years ago it stirred the market and scared away investors, and now completely dead with 2019-20 budget, all of these jobs will be gone.

That's what I meant by "millions will go jobless"

Dha Multan just flooded market with 37000 plots , and many pockets in map at least 25000 plots more to come.Map is poor vs Dha bhawalpur …less no of plots on bigger roads,small parks,highly pockets land and way more no of plots.avoid Dha multan for 12 months.And buy in Dha buawalpur which is 100% superior…Dha phase 13 ex Dha city ex Eme ph 2 flooded scattered piece of land whose supreme court given 6 years to complete .all stuck holders now in mood to sell high and victimize others avoid Dha ph 13 at any cost .done fell those dealer who bought on biana and those poor holders prey…Prime minister Imran khan urge vice president Ms imran of Lda to deliver lda city as per supreme court verdict which is one years As soon as possible and make lda corruption free.New era of lda coming which will make it better and superior than Dha greed.