New Route of Western CPEC- Who are the Winners?

Now the panama issue almost dead on word, He again tackled his opponents beautifully.

PM can focus on cpec issue, the last patch of this cpec Route till not decided and discussion underway for its joint with motorway at M-1(Peshawar motorway) or from bahter. Some strategic sites issues are there .

I guess strategic sites are more near from bahter side as compared to M-1 starting point from isb.

The Western route has also been approved by ECNEC now and construction will start from next fiscal year. The old route proposal from Bahter interchange is not entirely scrapped, but is being retained as a backup Plan B option. However, Hakla route is the preferred option. A final decision in this matter will be made by military authorities.

P.S. @Awais. We are awaiting your feedback after your site visit.

Middle east economies struggling under the crippling effects of low oil prices are also keen on getting a share of the pie.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print/115452-Saudi-Arabia-wants-CPECs-extension-to-Red-Sea-Africa

All Societies like FT, AWT, WT , E-17, E-18, E-19 will get benefit.

Buy plot and sleep for 5 years for turning Coal into Diamond. :)

Agreed Fruqas sb…

5 years Really? Is that how long it will take for getting returns or is this time for making cpec operational?

For a layman

HAKLA route

Why ?

it will have positive impact on these societies

Reasons with logic plz

What could be the

Reason?

Infrastructure Tamim bhai. Big roads passing beside a society will improve its access and potentially encourage some commercial areas to open up - a whole economy around the route

Well finally with the formal inauguration of DI Khan-Hakla motorway by PM the issue of CPEC route is finally settled, and the brahma bahter option is now all but a closed chapter. This brings us back to identifying which projects are likely to be the star performers.

So far the options being suggested by different gurus are Faisal Town, AWT, Gulshane Sehat, PAF Faziya and maybe ECHS. What we now need is a field report on what is actually happening on ground in each of them and are they even gearing up to derive any benefit or not. Any opinions by gurus will be welcome.

Yes the Hakla route has ben finalized, unsurprisingly. Meanwhile a very important statement by COAS Gen. Raheel Shareef today regarding CPEC. Read here:

http://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/124766-Gen-Raheel-says-ready-to-pay-any-price-to-turn-CPEC-into-reality

Essentially this statement conveys two important pieces of information. First one is the obvious i.e. CPEC is an economic game changer for the country and therefore enemies are hatching conspiracies against it, which will be neutralized by the security forces.

Second, the not so obvious information is that the Army is now completely in the driving seat as far as CPEC is concerned. Again not surprising because the Chinese wanted long term guarantees regarding their huge investments which only the security establishment can provide.

Consultancy request for this new route published in today's news papers... So good news for this Zone.

Regards

Thank you for sharing the good news Mr Khan and kashif sheikh. Its heartening to see that finally we have some progress on a project which is far more substantive and economically beneficial than some local bridge or underpass etc.

So now what are the opportunities for ordinary folks like us to benefit from this development?

In budget they hv kept funds for dis project. I think 22 billions.

@Mr Khan. Yes a very positive development in the budget with impressive budget allocations. Seems like government has gotten serious about this. Excellent news for projects located on CPEC.

@Kashif Sheikh. Your argument about army now in leading position regarding CPEC seems very logical. In this emerging scenario how do you rate the prospects of investment in AWT as it is the only Army owned project along CPEC route? A detailed analysis will be much appreciated. Thanks.

@Awais. Please read my previous posts on this thread, I have already shared my analysis. AWT's fortune is directly linked to getting its interchange access opened. Being located on the motorway/ CPEC doesn't yield any benefits without access for any society. AWT has an advantage that it is at least a candidate for getting that access, unlike most other projects who are out of the game already because they cant get direct access. However, whether or not that materializes is anybody's guess at the moment.

In some ways, investing here is like Shahid Afridi batting. If it connects, it will be a six otherwise a duck. That's my analysis but you should get opinion of other experts also.

Six or a duck well said , but can someone explain here the reasons behind interchange not materializing .

Sagheer sb, its rassa-kashi... Dirty politics.... Getting own share etc etc.

Regards

I have no doubt that right investments on the CPEC route will generate phenomenal returns InshAllah. However, merely seeking any project located on CPEC route or even looking for connections is not an absolute indicator of a good investment. Yes these would increase chances of success but if you wish to fully benefit from CPEC, sit down and think over what this project is all about. Where is the money coming from? Where is it going? Then explore the investment options. That way you are likely to make the best investment decision. Throwing money blindly after CPEC is not a prudent approach. CPEC is a great investment opportunity, not a faulty ATM machine throwing out cash for no reason.

Raza sb, very valid point. It will have temporary artificial hike in prices if the same is not complimented by the seriousness of society and its management in terms of development pace, standard and maintenace.

Regards