Payment receiving advice when selling residential plot

I am going to sell a residential plot but I am not sure about the payment receiving terms.

I think the total payment should be transferred to my bank account before signing the transfer deed. However, the estate agent told that pay order will be handed over just before signing the transfer deed in the registrar / society office. The photocopy of the pay order will be provided a day earlier for verification of the pay order.

I know pay order is reliable, but still the payment is not transferred to my account when I am signing the deed, and therefore I do not feel comfortable with it.

I would be thankful if the community can shed light on the normal rules and procedures which are followed during the selling of a residential plot. Any advice for reliable transfer of the sale amount is also welcome. If there is a guide or tutorial some where that will also be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Take pay order photocopy or WhatsApp screen shot a day before transfer. Verify that pay order from bank.
Make sure when you receive pay order it has exactly the same details that you verified.
When someone asks for Pay order from bank, bank already deduct that money from account (in some temporary escrow account and when receiver deposit it in his bank that amount transferred) and it can not be cancelled until original is return to bank so its safe to receive pay order.
Do not receive cross cheque. cross cheque is risky because it can be bounced. Pay order is safest way

1 Like

agreed to what khaid sahb said. payorder is a safe option after all the checks explained by khalid sahb are applied.
plus
meet with the person who wants to be the owner, get a stamp signed from him at the time of biana. make payorder only in the name of the person to whom you will transfer the plot