Real estate situation in gwadar

A friend of mine is interested in buying plots for investment purposes in gwadar. There are a number of websites, providing links and details about various plots. I suggested him to go look them up and connect with the real estate agents in the metropolitan cities to find out what’s going in gwadar. On the other hand, he insists on visiting gwadar, and wants to communicate with the real estate agents there, and then come to a decision whether it would be fine to invest there. I tried to convince him that not much is happening on the ground in gwadar. It is still living in 17th century and he would find nothing beside stones and few useless, rusting cranes standing there. The real estate agents who know about real estate in gwadar mostly live in karachi. Going there would be a sheer waste of time and resources. What’s your opinion?

Gwadar master plan was approved just 3-4 months ago and practical development is ongoing with a slow pace which is picking-up since the GDA has finalized rules and regulations which soon be published. Port is operational and Afghan Transit trade has been started from Gwadar. Need of residential and commercial projects in coming years is inevitable. There were some local issues for constructing Eastbay Expressway which are now resolved. Many buildings at and near port are complete and operational such as GDA club & beach resort, expo center, business complex, etc. Parks development is in progress. Water supply from Sour dam to Gwadar is started, plant farming projects are completed. Private housing societies are also playing their part in developing their areas, do you want Gwadar to look like Dubai in a single night? Don’t see Gwadar just as a real estate option, Gwadar is need of this country and our future.

Agreed with Ammar Khan, it's the best investing time in Gwadar, don't take it as common real estate investment, it's a rare opportunity, it will change our upcoming future In Shaa Allah.

Regards,

Realistic information shared by Mr. Ammar Khan. Gwadar investment is not bad provided the investor can hold his investment for at least 8 - 10 years. The selection of the project/area, where to be invested needs good research.

Stay away from Gawadar. I have seen people wasted their money in Gawadar. Our Big brother will never want Gawadar to florish. My advice, just stay to DHA, rest is ur decision.

Property dealers will create air to make money but as a person, dont fall into that ditch.

How can you deny the reality Mr. DHA as a person?

One more thing to note, if you have visited GDA website to see NOCs of Gwadar societies, you would have observed that 90% of the societies whose NOCs were suspended around two years ago have renewed or revalidated their NOCs which is a very good sign for Gwadar real estate sector and the on-ground work is in progress in these societies. Short to mid-term future also seems good

http://www.gda.gov.pk/gda-offers-2/

Mr. Ammar Khan, you might be right. I looked up the Gawadar website and noticed many housing and industrial schemes, which have been validated by the relevant authorities. However, there are still many things which needs to be kept in mind. For example, the security position of Baluchistan, the abstract nature of projects in the sense that they exist in digital media and paper but not on the ground, the law & order situation of Gwadar? There are also fears that they might just let the Chinese govern the city. And to be honest, we are not very democratic but the Chinese are worse.

It’s all about holding power and cold money which you can put aside. If you want to invest there invest money you can forget and makes you not that regretful if some un predictable situation arise in the future. Naval Anchorage sounds safe investment in gwadar. Private societies will not be fruitful as GDA will play with them anytime.

Just in:

Ban on new constructions lifted in Gwadar after four years

https://www.dawn.com/news/1537312/ban-on-new-constructions-lifted-in-gwadar-after-four-years

Please do not invest.Always invest near to where you live so that you can go n physically check n is easy to sell when you have to

Armaghaan Khan: no such option of Chinese governing Gwadar city is in the cards and never will be. Situation is different now

That’s a good sign Imtiaz sb

In Private societies, which are the best to invest for commercial plot in gwadar ?

Top 3 options to choose ?

On installment ?

@Imtiaz, What do you think that this lift on ban would result in? Can we expect development activity now?

@Khalid, I agree with you. One should invest only that surplus capital in Gwadar which is not needed soon. In other words, one should invest only if one can wait in long terms. And 'Beginner's' argument makes sense. One should invest close to where one leaves. Even if some legal problem arises, one will be close enough to deal with it. By the way, thank you all for your opinions.

Thanks Armaghaan

ABAD appreciates lifting of ban on construction in Gwadar
By RECORDER REPORT on March 3, 2020

Mohsin Sheikhani, Chairman of Association of Builders and Developers, has applauded lifting of the four-year ban on issuance of No-Objection Certificate for any kind of construction and development activities in Gwadar with immediate effect.

In a statement, Chairman ABAD said lifting of the ban would not only create millions of jobs for the people of Gwadar but it would also have positive effects on Balochistan and Pakistan's economy.

He recalled that Gwadar Development Authority (GDA), in 2016, had imposed the ban initially for a period of six months on the grounds that it was in the process of revising the Gwadar master plan as a “Smart Port City Master Plan" to meet the needs of a modern port city. Mohsin Sheikhani lauded the efforts of Chief Minister of Balochistan Jam Kamal Khan and Director-General of gda Shahzeb Khan Kakar in completing the Gawadar master plan. The Chairman said notification of lifting of ban on all kind of NOCs for housing, commercial, industrial, warehouses and all types of construction and industrial activities in the jurisdiction of GDA would make Gwadar a hub of trade, construction and all types of businesses.-PR

Copyright Business Recorder, 2020

Gwader has the potential and much more in years to come. Development and occupancy in three phases.

1. Govt. and Multi nationals

2. Mega Developers

3. End Buyers

For now, its about 1.

Burning Question is When exactly for 3...?

Answer: When 2 gets in action. Example: When you see likes of BTs & DHs start to sniff around for serious hunt and more news than is your time to jump.

I believe, these two already have big eyes on Gwader but for now they dont seem much active even rumors of launch for their sort of clients (i.e., mid to higher end buyers). At max such developers would be trying to purchases as much land as they can silently... They are almost there perhaps in the name of Golf City etc. Naval is there, thats a good sign but...

Game will start to change when you see these big guns more in news and court in encroachments and alike litigation take that as a signal to go full throttle with purchase ... :)

@Imtiaz

I find your analysis quite interesting and helpful in understanding the Gwadar real estate situation. However, I am not sure that these three phases will follow in a linear way. But again, these are really good points to heed, while waiting for the real estate development to develop further. And you are right that in the coming few years, we can expect rapid change and growth in Gwadar.