Share Of Interetance

My father recently passed away leaving behind me, my mother and my younger sister who is married, my paternal grandfather is still alive as well. I'm currently in the process of getting a succession certificate and our lawyer tells us that my grandfather will be entitled to a share in my fathers estate. Is this true? If so how much of a share is my grandfather entitled to? Are my late father's brothers and sisters also entitled to a share?

Furthermore he also told me, that me and my sister would not be entitled to a share in our grandfather's estate once he has passed away. Is this the case? If so what is the logic behind it? If we are excluded will our mother receive a share?

Hello,

It is more likely to be a case of Islmaic Shariah. Ask some authentic Mufti. And please do not be mean in the segregation of estate.

regards, Zain Nadeem

The estate will be passed on to your mom first.After the husbands death the property goes to the wife and if wife does not exist than the kids.From all the property the daughter gets 1/3 of the property.You grand father is not entitled to nothing at all.not being rude or mean its just the islamic law. If your father only had a daughter than the share can be divided in the rest of the family.

Plus your sister will inherit some thing from your grand father's estate. Dont know how much but in Islamic law we treat women as equal in a sense that women are married off and are the responsibility of their husband but still are entitled to something.

Your lawyer is not competent I think.

@H--T, please note that according to Islamic Sharia a woman gets one part while the man gets two parts, in other words a girls share is half of a mans share.

@Junaid Javaid, your lawyer is at least true in saying that you and your sister and your mother would not get any thing which is property of your Grandfather. Because according to Islamic Sharia if a son dies while his father is still alive then the grand children don't get any share.

But you would of course get proper share from your fathers property.

Zain advice is to be adopted rather getting confused