What If New Airport Handed Over To Air Force???

As you know, the Rawat Airport rumor keeps popping up every now and then. I learned from some "reliable source" that the plan for handing over the Fateh Jang Airport to air force is in final stages. Rest of development on the airport will be done by air force itself.

In that case, the area may practically become a no-go area.

Don't know what will happen to TC and MC if that plan matures???

P.S: It’s just one aspect that I came to know, and it may or may not be true. But I believe one should give some thought to this aspect while investing in zone-II, considering that no one in govt has yet denied the plan of Rawat airport. Rather, prime minister himself announced it.

What a rumor sir g. 10 mai say 10 number

Hahahhhahahhahhhaah

what else I can say....

Yup. Just a rumor. But let’s see :slight_smile:

Seems totally illogical rumour, do u have have some idea how munch and what kind of infrastructure is required for a base,

it doesnt include only the runway and further doesnt required that much lounge which is already constructed. From where government will give budget to air force for development of services, residencial colonies and offices.

on the other hand yes in our pakistan politicians can burnt billions of nations wealth to their personal interest,

Logically, the current airport should be continued, having spent billions of rupees. But current govt seems highly biased against it, due to reasons only known to those in management.

We can say it a political stunt. But you do expect some responsibility from the PM of the country while issuing some statements!!!

Plus members here have assumed that "Rawat rumor is dead", when actually there hasn't been any public statement from govt. Side denying it

This old airport is being handed over to the airforce but not the new one.

If nawaz govt manage to pull this rumour off than this would be the 9th wonder of the world for sure.

This is simply impossible. As dessign and requirements of both is totally different. Current airport is actually a part of chaklala air base and this will be handed over back to Airforce. Giving Fateh jang airport to Airforce means that Governemnet will shift whole Chaklala base to Fatehjang. This is another joke of PML-N government. I think this is a government of jokers

Funny and interesting discussion…

If government is interested in giving new Airport to Airforce, then there is no need of so much widening of the existing road infrastructure of Kashmir Highway, but on the other hand current government has continued the work on KH and has awarded funds for Section-III of KH widening.

So, this rumor seems quite baseless.

However everything is possible in Pakistan with this lot of politicians looking after their personal interests only.

@ MB Ali

Frankly speaking; its looks quite strange to handover commercially designed airport to airforce. If you dont mind; can you pls share from where you heard this rumor. I mean your reliable source belongs to airforce or PM office?

U should not be surprised , Pakistani Army is already running property business (DHA), Fauji cement , Fauji fertilizer and now they thinking to run airport … Everything possible in Pak …

Prime facie it doesnt make sense at all, rather funny and irritating ....

Though I havent invested in Top City or Mumtaz city but this rumor is being spread to lower their current hype...so lets see....

Does not make sense. I think whoever raised this may be confusing plans of handing over Old Chaklala airport to airforce.

The rawat airport may happen in future as an additional airport if somehow the govt manages to generate some funds or investment from abroad.

What a fine sparkling rumor rather a lomarr (Gedar ) ahahaha...

The most funny part is handing over to air force.. Uhm so PIA should pack up and airforce buckle up ur going to fly AIR buses now instead of JF-17 or some fighter jets.

Come ON..

This country is full surprises ...

handing over new airport to airfoce seems impossible but anything can happen in pakistan

only time will end up these rumours

This is just hilarious!!

Thoes people talking this have no brain. The Government which is unable to defend her appointment of chairman NAB in front of High Court and similarly appointments in some other departments in other departments as well how they will defend the shifting of new airport in front of court. Real story behind this bahria has purchased land near ICHS and Kashmir highway after passing New Airport will be connected to Bahria town zone 2

Well I came to hear another funny rumour. The new airport will now become a new major shopping centre that will have its own runway.